WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Zaphod, catapults exercise ball-sized balls.
Anyone starting to see a trend in the robot names?
WP_003322.jpg

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

pretty talented!!! :D give them monster truck wheels :D
That'd be awesome!! Unfortunately we power our robots with motorcycle batteries and I think the power needed to turn one of those wheels with our motors even 90 degrees would deplete the batteries in approximately 3.14 seconds.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

motorcycle batteries...hmm you do have those huge toy cars....how about taking their electrically charged batteries and the tires off and attaching them :D

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

Some smart high Schoolers
Thanks! We do a lot of this stuff by ourselves but we have engineering mentors to help us when we need it. This is actually a worldwide organization that our team is associated with called FIRST (For the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). I predict every high school will have one of these team in at maximum, 7 years.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks! We do a lot of this stuff by ourselves but we have engineering mentors to help us when we need it. This is actually a worldwide organization that our team is associated with called FIRST (For the Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). I predict every high school will have one of these team in at maximum, 7 years.
My high school didn't have that

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

My high school didn't have that
Yeah, we do a lot of community demos to spread the word about what our teams do and how awesome it is, and we hear that from people all the time. We definitely won't be hearing that as much in the near future! I like talking about this so much that I think I probably could write a 10-page, single-spaced, 10pt font, paper about how awesome FIRST and their elementary through high school robotics programs are in five hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99