WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Depends. Not many engineers have Masters or PhDs.

In Switzerland it depends on whether you go to a technical university or a traditional one to study engineering. It's hard to get a job with only a bachelor from a traditional university, while the Master is a new concept for technical universities here and hence it's not really required.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In Switzerland it depends on whether you go to a technical university or a traditional one to study engineering. It's hard to get a job with only a bachelor from a traditional university, while the Master is a new concept for technical universities here and hence it's not really required.

Yes I know. It's very common here in the EU to have a Masters. In other parts of the world you don't necessarily need one.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes I know. It's very common here in the EU to have a Masters. In other parts of the world you don't necessarily need one.

I think I won't even get a job with a PhD as a biologist ;-)

But there are other options. I could imagine doing something entirely different when I have finished. But I guess I'd like to do a postdoc abroad first.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I think I won't even get a job with a PhD as a biologist ;-)

But there are other options. I could imagine doing something entirely different when I have finished. But I guess I'd like to do a postdoc abroad first.
You're a doc?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So, I still have I guess 5 years of studies to complete....
Seems like a long time.

I gained my B.Sc and M.Sc degrees within 4 years. The time was flying and sometimes I miss it. But my PhD will most likely take 4 years, that means something more than 3 years to go. Time is still flying ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3