WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

But just think about the possibilities. Wouldn't a 1320 not be much better? It's very cheap too! The screen is gorgeous even though the resolution is low. Or why not going for a 1520 directly? It's even more amazing with very good specs! Or what about the 930 that will soon be released, why not get this or an Icon? Or there are other low-end phones you could get! Why settle with the 925 after you have changed the phone so often?! :p

...I think it's somehow frustrating that the 930 is an Icon just much later to the market.

Maybe she wasn't interested in larger phones? I held the 1320. It's big, even for my mitts. As for the L930, that would be the Icon for her.

I think WP needs to start upping their game. A new Motorola came out with pretty good specs for a low end phone.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

There is the update. It won't install over 3G though, maybe a setting. At least in the screenshots the features seem to be there, now let's see if it's fast.

I don't even hope it's as good as the iOS version, but... finally!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There is the update. It won't install over 3G though, maybe a setting. At least in the screenshots the features seem to be there, now let's see if it's fast.

I don't even hope it's as good as the iOS version, but... finally!

Wonder why it won't download. It's only 6MB.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

Maybe she wasn't interested in larger phones? I held the 1320. It's big, even for my mitts. As for the L930, that would be the Icon for her.

I think WP needs to start upping their game. A new Motorola came out with pretty good specs for a low end phone.

Agreed.WP needs to buck up to stay in the race.I dont know about you guys but the NL630 was a disappointment for me :/

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

I personally think they should ditch the 512MB phones. There's no need for them.

Exactly my thoughts.If they had launched a 1Gb ram device with dual core processor,I would have definitely bought it but 512mb ram?ugh.not again.I have suffered enough of 512mb ram in my 620's gaming life :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Exactly my thoughts.If they had launched a 1Gb ram device with dual core processor,I would have definitely bought it but 512mb ram?ugh.not again.I have suffered enough of 512mb ram in my 620's gaming life :p

What irks me is that people seem to still like them. I personally think it's pointless. Other low end handsets are coming out with 1GB RAM I think that's a clear indication it's time we ditched 512MB.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

We await your review!

Well, this is only a very early hands-on (I'm in the lab after all).

+ The features are finally, finally there!
+ The design is much more usable
+ The software feels faster

I hope there will be further updates to improve the following points

- The design is much more useful, but also very generic. I know you can't have anything, but I feel like there's a trend of moving away from Metro to features. Why can't we have both?
- The live tile is still not to my taste. The design has slightly changed (it's less green now) but it still flips to the current album art and back to the Spotify icon in big and very big mode. That could really offer more. And at least stop the flipping.
- The app feels faster, yes, but it still could be improved. I had slight... how do you call this in English? It paused sometimes for a moment when using it.
- I think the phone got hot while using it, maybe that was just my imagination, but if it's true I don't think battery issues are much improved.

But if it doesn't soak my battery empty, I think I'm pretty happy with Spotify now. So I will probably complain about Whatsapp solely in the future.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

What irks me is that people seem to still like them. I personally think it's pointless. Other low end handsets are coming out with 1GB RAM I think that's a clear indication it's time we ditched 512MB.

That's the problem with Microsoft.They don't have any decent mid-range phone.Either you go for a 520/620/720 or you go to the high end range 920/930/icon/1320/1520.
I know 525 and 820 also have 1Gb ram but they dont appeal to me much.MSFT should have made 630 with 1GB ram :/

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

The 920 wasn't even high-end when it was released almost two years ago. Except of the camera of course.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So he finally got a spotify update :p. lets see if he can hold out for the next update :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo