WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I wrote this in another thread and then realized it was totally off topic. So I just randomly post it here.

I really like Windows Phone 8.1. It offers almost everything I'd like to have. Real VPN support would be nice, that's about it.

There are other problems for me though: Hardware and apps.

Apps: Spotify and Whatsapp are the apps I use the most, Spotify was terrible for a year before there was an update, and it's good now, but not as good as on other platforms. Whatsapp is still a real mess, and ond WP8.1 it's really buggy on my device. Also there are tons of local apps that are just not available on Windows Phone.

I don't blame anybody for this, it's just how it is. But it annoys me and could motivate me to switch to another platform.

Hardware: I really don't care about an international release of the Icon months after it was available in the US. There's just nothing of interest for me, the 1520 is too huge, the 930 too boring, nothing exciting. Samsung offers nothing internationally and in the US only the S4 with WP. HTC hasn't announced anything either.

It really depends on how the situation develops until summer/autumn and what Apple announces with the iPhone 6. I love WP8.1 but I equally like iOS on my iPad.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I need a nap. :/

I'm way too tired to be at work. :p Especially when I'm doing something that's not very exciting.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Finally it happened. The thread is abandoned, I'm the last soul wandering the vast of randomness. It was good as long as it lasted, everything comes to an end. Somebody is always the last one, and even I can't go on forever.

Good bye dear thread, greatness can't be everlasting, beauty is volatile, the biggest cultures slid, and finally so does this thread.

Or maybe not, who knows.

Sahib will make it rise from the ashes I'm sure. :p He's done a wonderful job keeping the post count up. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Rue, you know that. Why is the plus pole red and the minus pole black?

It makes no sense to me, a financial minus is red after all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, you know that. Why is the plus pole red and the minus pole black?

It makes no sense to me, a financial minus is red after all.

A + is electrical terms is considered 'hot' or active. So red is a way of indicating the 'hot' wire. You'll often find Red and White in AC wiring indicating the difference between neutral and active. The - is black because in DC system it is usually 'earth'. Indicating no potential to hurt you, usually. Unless you have a short to earth.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

A + is electrical terms is considered 'hot' or active. So red is a way of indicating the 'hot' wire. You'll often find Red and White in AC wiring indicating the difference between neutral and active. The - is black because in DC system it is usually 'earth'. Indicating no potential to hurt you, usually. Unless you have a short to earth.

That makes sense and helps me to remember it, thank you :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Chregu do you like the Spotify update or have you not had the chance to play with it enough?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So Chregu do you like the Spotify update or have you not had the chance to play with it enough?

I looked up some playlists and made them available offline. One button doesn't indicate that it was hit what is confusing. Else everything worked fine.

But I haven't really used it yet, so I can't say anything about battery consumption. However I'm happy with the features.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I looked up some playlists and made them available offline. One button doesn't indicate that it was hit what is confusing. Else everything worked fine.

But I haven't really used it yet, so I can't say anything about battery consumption. However I'm happy with the features.

Well that's something anyway. Battery life and apps are never happy on WP...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)