WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I got lots of little things to go through and get rid of in our current place. Then in Finland it's some other bits and pieces. In Australia it's about a 1/2 container full. :/

Good luck with that. Spring cleaning is always no fun...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's why I'm curious to see how MSFT managing Nokia's hardware division. In many ways I feel like trying to get the last Nokia branded phones like the 1520, 1020, or 930. I don't even think the McLaren is truly MSFT either.

Honestly, I'm starting to look more closely as Android as a primary again. I love the Z Ultra and so the only Wpny I'd trade it for to downgrade size wise would be the Z2. I suppose at this point is has to be a Z2, Nexus 5 or a Moto X+1. Overall I like the hardware on those models but the cams aren't that great. Of all the flagships out now for Android, I'd actually use the G3. But Optimus UI is as busy as TouchWiz, even though it has gotten flatter. That's the thing with Android, there is always some kind of compromise to be made.

So I'll just buy my SBH-52 and not have to pull my Z Ultra as much in public. If the headset allows me to voice to reply to texts, I'd be in great shape.

I'm waiting to see what comes out for Android and WP. Not sure where I'm headed yet. In one way WP is finally starting to look better but at the same time I'm still seeing huge gaps in the app situation and it doesn't seem to be closing quick enough. It's getting better but such a long way to go. I think the WP OS isn't as good as it could be and though I understand why they did what they did with removing the apps from the OS I think it took some of the charm away from it. I find my L920 pretty slow lately when loading anything.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting to see what comes out for Android and WP. Not sure where I'm headed yet. In one way WP is finally starting to look better but at the same time I'm still seeing huge gaps in the app situation and it doesn't seem to be closing quick enough. It's getting better but such a long way to go. I think the WP OS isn't as good as it could be and though I understand why they did what they did with removing the apps from the OS I think it took some of the charm away from it. I find my L920 pretty slow lately when loading anything.

Agreed. I plan to reset my 925 on Sunday after hanging out with the GF this weekend. I like the 8X too, but it may not get updated to 8.1 for a while. I thought about downsizing and moving it but I will hold on it for a while longer.

I get why MSFT has done what they did but by the time they get there, the hardware we have isn't compatible. I really have no plans to buy another Android handset unless it is the Nexus 5 for nostalgia. Even if Sony leaves this behind - which they have because there won't be another Z Ultra in the near future - at least they've pushed out updates for it very quickly. I'm actually running on 4.4.4 right now, which is pretty fast for a skinned OEM. As long as Sony keeps doing that, I'm fine with keeping the Prince around - even if I get a Nexus and turn this into a tablet again.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Finland is easy, Australia, no so much. We're waiting to get our own place before we ship the stuff from Oz here.

I guess that'll be my thing when I get a house..."junk management".

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Even if Sony leaves this behind - which they have because there won't be another Z Ultra in the near future - at least they've pushed out updates for it very quickly. I'm actually running on 4.4.4 right now, which is pretty fast for a skinned OEM. As long as Sony keeps doing that, I'm fine with keeping the Prince around - even if I get a Nexus and turn this into a tablet again.

That's pretty fast considering I just got 4.4.4 on my Nexus Tablet just last week or so. I'm looking forward to see what Android L is like when it finally rolls out.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty fast considering I just got 4.4.4 on my Nexus Tablet just last week or so. I'm looking forward to see what Android L is like when it finally rolls out.
Not looking forward to L.

They better change that default font to something else entirely. That's one of my only gripes with Android. (The other is that Google makes it, but let's face it - Microsoft services are sometimes better on the other side )

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It is. I like Sony's skin but I'm curious to see how they go flat. Personally, they don't have to, what I'd rather see is better optimization of apps for big screen devices. This includes MSFT as well. I looked the 1520 but the real reason why I'd don't buy it wasn't the size but there are no accessories that will allow me to not pull the phone out of my pocket to use it. At least with the Z Ultra at least the Sony accessories I can do use that...use the phone a bit less in public.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I'll confess I'm so so at it. But with a partner and maybe kids in a house, I'll be a junk-buster. Big time.

I guess there's a term for what's happening to me. Pack Rat Syndrome, I guess?

If I ever do have a family, I'll just dedicate a large house to my past, and my partner's past, and my children's past.

Memory can only stay with you for so long, after all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not looking forward to L.

They better change that default font to something else entirely. That's one of my only gripes with Android. (The other is that Google makes it, but let's face it - Microsoft services are sometimes better on the other side )

My thing with Android is that need to be constantly connected online kills battery and nnoys me. At least with the current version of WP8.1 I still have control over that. I've got to really spend a few hours tweaking the Z Ultra to see if it can do the stuff I'd like to get done as a more daily type driver. Even though I like some of the things Android is doing these days, WP for core tasks has a easier way to do certain things that are important to me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess there's a term for what's happening to me. Pack Rat Syndrome, I guess?

If I ever do have a family, I'll just dedicate a large house to my past, and my partner's past, and my children's past.

Memory can only stay with you for so long, after all.

That's true. I'm more talking about the natural pile up that has no sentimental value - like clothes you need to chuck because they don't find t anymore, stuff to thread, etc. I think you always need a corner someplace for the past sentimental stuff. But to junk bust the other things is essential.

I actually still have a copy please items here that my ex left a few years ago. They are tucked away someplace, not bothering me. But there comes a time to let them go...

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Looking at how Microsoft says it hovers over WPC now and then it should seriously check this thread so that they know how people think about it!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looking at how Microsoft says it hovers over WPC now and then it should seriously check this thread so that they know how people think about it!

They won't check this thread. ****'s too random here and we don't talk about them enough here.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Maybe we should make a thread naming everything microsoft doesn't do to make it better!! :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe we should make a thread naming everything microsoft doesn't do to make it better!! :p

There are a few threads like that already and they name Microsoft is in the thread. Thing is I often wonder if they really care or not. They apparently implemented features based on user feedback on their site will they really care that my L920 is slowly dying and that it's likely I'll need a new phone before the end of the year and it probably won't be a WP the way things are looking so far? Do they really care how I feel? Or that they lost huge percentage points in countries where they had great gain over here in the EU?

To me it seems they're more interested in the US and emerging markets. I feel like a second class citizen on WP. I'm a bit tired of it.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There are a few threads like that already and the name Microsoft is in the thread. Thing is I often wonder if they really care or not. They apparently implemented features based on user feedback on their site will they really care that my L920 is slowly dying and that it's likely I'll need a new phone before the end of the year and it probably won't be a WP the way things are looking so far? Do they really care how I feel? Or that they lost huge percentage points in countries where they had great gain over here in the EU?

To me it seems they're more interested in the US and emerging markets. I feel like a second class citizen on WP. I'm a bit tired of it.

For the right price, I can ship you my 8X if you feel nostalgic and your 920 dies...lol...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I just tasted a berry from a bush that grows in front of the building. I'm pretty sure that they are poisonous, but they look delicious, like little plums. They didn't taste as good though.

I hope I won't get diarrhea from it, stupid biologists, too curious for their own good...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just tasted a berry from a bush that grows in front of the building. I'm pretty sure that they are poisonous, but they look delicious, like little plums. They didn't taste as good though.

I hope I won't get diarrhea from it, stupid biologists, too curious for their own good...

Does you curiosity extend to finding out what they are by searching online?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte