WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Now that I made my mind up about potentially buying an Android device, I think the choices are pretty much down to the HTC One M8 or the LG G3.

HTC One M8: I know the company and that they support at least the high-end devices for a while. Also, the build quality is amazing. The only downside, the camera that as far as I know can be pretty terrible. Ugly bezels.

LG G3: It has the highest-end high-end specs. The screen is very big while the phone is still as compact as the M8. The camera seems to be really good. However I've read that LG has a bad track record in updating their phones. Additionally, the screen is not that great, the high resolution rarely useful, and the battery although good takes a great hit because of it.

Then there would be the Sony, but somehow it just doesn't get me excited. The Samsung is a Samsung, one should never choose a Samsung phone over a HTC phone ;-)

I guess I have to see tomorrow in the store.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That is annoying. Also, people have a f'd up view of science.

My mind is very sciency. I think it's good that I have a girlfriend that's more intelligent than I am and has a better education than I have, she doesn't mind discussing science and gets the science references.

However, don't get me wrong, our main topics are more in the area of music and traveling ;-)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

how about A SD 600 ! yay but I would be happy with SD 400 with 1gb of ram :) for me that would be a good starting point

I was thinking more about Snapdragon 610 or 615 but 800 wouldn't harm either :D. And 2GB RAM to go with it and a HD screen. Those are my hopes but we are probably looking more on 400 processors unfortunately :(.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Now that I made my mind up about potentially buying an Android device, I think the choices are pretty much down to the HTC One M8 or the LG G3.

HTC One M8: I know the company and that they support at least the high-end devices for a while. Also, the build quality is amazing. The only downside, the camera that as far as I know can be pretty terrible. Ugly bezels.

LG G3: It has the highest-end high-end specs. The screen is very big while the phone is still as compact as the M8. The camera seems to be really good. However I've read that LG has a bad track record in updating their phones. Additionally, the screen is not that great, the high resolution rarely useful, and the battery although good takes a great hit because of it.

Then there would be the Sony, but somehow it just doesn't get me excited. The Samsung is a Samsung, one should never choose a Samsung phone over a HTC phone ;-)

I guess I have to see tomorrow in the store.

my vote is on HTC but then again I like how LG went with the G3 and how it looks. im not very impressed with the screen because its not much different between the 1080 and the 2k res.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

my vote is on HTC but then again I like how LG went with the G3 and how it looks. im not very impressed with the screen because its not much different between the 1080 and the 2k res.

I think the resolution can be an improvement. However the brightness and quality in general is just not better than that of other screens, so the improvement of the resolution isn't enough to make it a really outstanding screen.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I was thinking more about Snapdragon 610 or 615 but 800 wouldn't harm either :D. And 2GB RAM to go with it and a HD screen. Those are my hopes but we are probably looking more on 400 processors unfortunately :(.

.-. as long as its quad core that's a win for me. honestly I don't need 2gb only 1 but 2 would be good I guess. Ill be happy with 720p but 480 is still good for me. I have a feeling that the 830 will be a successor to my 810

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I think the resolution can be an improvement. However the brightness and quality in general is just not better than that of other screens, so the improvement of the resolution isn't enough to make it a really outstanding screen.

im not sure if you saw this review but I think you should watch it :) unless you already watched it :p LG G3 Review - TechSpot

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

well its a shame that we will have the start menu again :/ oh well ill reserve judgment until I get to use it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

well its a shame that we will have the start menu again :/ oh well ill reserve judgment until I get to use it.

I'm looking very much forward to it.

Remember when in the Metro start menu thingy on right click with a mouse there was a context menu at the bottom of the screen? It was the stupidest thing ever.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking very much forward to it.

Remember when in the Metro start menu thingy on right click with a mouse there was a context menu at the bottom of the screen? It was the stupidest thing ever.

I liked it :p I didn't have to click start and go looking for control panel x.x. I gotten used to right clicking it I do it on win 7 machines :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I liked it :p I didn't have to click start and go looking for control panel x.x. I gotten used to right clicking it I do it on win 7 machines :p

I'm talking about the mouse way. For 8.1 they have changed it that the context menu with a mouse is where you click it. Before it was just something to hate ;-)

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I just hope I will be able to use metro screen in the future. I like it because of tiles, they are scraggly useful on big screen because you have them in front of you whole time.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo