WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I kind of have only the phone since I avoid using the tablet because it struggles with every app, even Tapatalk or 9gag. But I agree "WP only" life can be hard, that's not the case with Android ;).
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

You should look into a Nexus 7 or 10. They're great and the prices are not over the top for what they are. We own a Samsung tablet but I won't buy another one. Only Nexus gear or something that offers as pure an Android experience as possible.

We also have a couple of cheaper tablets here now, one made by Tesco, 7" with some half decent specs on it. There's no intrusive skin on it either. At ?99 it's not bad.

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

You should look into a Nexus 7 or 10. They're great and the prices are not over the top for what they are. We own a Samsung tablet but I won't buy another one. Only Nexus gear or something that offers as pure an Android experience as possible.

We also have a couple of cheaper tablets here now, one made by Tesco, 7" with some half decent specs on it. There's no intrusive skin on it either. At ?99 it's not bad.

Well Nexus 10 is a bit old, it's not even sure if it's getting Android L. And Nexus 7 is a bit small. I would love to have the rumored Nexus 9 but 400? is quite a lot of money. I was eyeing the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 300? from DE. Another cheaper option would be LG GPad 10.1, but not for current prices. When price drops to 230? I might be interested :).
Concerning cheap tablets, I'm not doing this again. Those Tesco tablets are probably just renamed cheap Chinese tablets, and I have one of them and believe me, I'm not buying it again. Branded or nothing. It was good for first 2 or 3 months but after that period everything went down the hill.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The execs are used to the big two platforms. What do you expect?

I expect Win8.1 Tablets to eventually start helping marginally, at least.

There were too many issues with WP and other enterprise solutions which didn't allow WP to work properly with them. That's a big mistake on MS part. Nothing to do with execs and their preferences. It's kind of hard for a IT professional to push for a particular phone when it doesn't work with the infrastructure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well Nexus 10 is a bit old, it's not even sure if it's getting Android L. And Nexus 7 is a bit small. I would love to have the rumored Nexus 9 but 400€ is quite a lot of money. I was eyeing the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 300€ from DE. Another cheaper option would be LG GPad 10.1, but not for current prices. When price drops to 230€ I might be interested :).
Concerning cheap tablets, I'm not doing this again. Those Tesco tablets are probably just renamed cheap Chinese tablets, and I have one of them and believe me, I'm not buying it again. Branded or nothing. It was good for first 2 or 3 months but after that period everything went down the hill.

Well technically they're all cheap Chinese tablets.... :p

The Tesco one was designed specifically for Tesco to their specs. It got some decent reviews for general use but most wouldn't use it for intensive gaming. Still if a 7" is too small it's not for you anyway.

Yes I can see MIA making statements...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

There were too many issues with WP and other enterprise solutions which didn't allow WP to work properly with them. That's a big mistake on MS part. Nothing to do with execs and their preferences. It's kind of hard for a IT professional to push for a particular phone when it doesn't work with the infrastructure.
WP8.1 solved some problems, though. The problem is that it ended up causing a few of its own.

Once again, we play the waiting game.
Threshold will solve some, not all, problems. Calling it now!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

WP8.1 solved some problems, though. The problem is that it ended up causing a few of its own.

Once again, we play the waiting game.
Threshold will solve some, not all, problems. Calling it now!

It's almost a little late for WP to get into the enterprise. It should have been a focus of theirs from the initial release. I personally think they missed an opportunity. Apple and now Android are taking over.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

It's almost a little late for WP to get into the enterprise. It should have been a focus of theirs from the initial release. I personally think they missed an opportunity. Apple and now Android are taking over.
They should've just shoveled full WinRT onto Windows Phone from the very start. Now, they've wasted two years combining WinPRT and WinRT.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

It's been roughly (insert period of time) since I got onboard with Windows Phone.

Nothing has happened.

And here I was, expecting something to happen.

^Sentiment of quite a few on the forum

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They should've just shoveled full WinRT onto Windows Phone from the very start. Now, they've wasted two years combining WinPRT and WinRT.

Regardless of that, they should have had a phone that worked with enterprise right from the start. It should have been their main focus and the 'entertainment' side should have been the extra. Not the other way around. If they had done that WP would be in most companies now.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

The usual debauchery. Nice to see you drop by and say hi. :)

Yeah I tend to be doing the drop by approach more often than not lol

So I just discovered the new keyboard for wp 8.1 and I just have to say I love it :)

Bit disappointed that I can't get cortana without getting the dp update 1 :(

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Regardless of that, they should have had a phone that worked with enterprise right from the start. It should have been their main focus and the 'entertainment' side should have been the extra. Not the other way around. If they had done that WP would be in most companies now.
They tried the iOS approach. What do you expect?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)