WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Her nieces are 14 and 10 (11 next weekend). She took 3 weeks off in vacation time, but her sister in law's sister screwed up things so the GF has them for all 5 weeks of their vacation. We aren't allowed to do a full month like that. So of course when the GF cries there's no money to go away on her end, there really is no going away.

Atlantic City would have been nice but she pulled out the "I'd rather spend the money other ways" (even though I'd cover the whole trip), so that's that.

Family is fun isn't it? So many commitments... That I usually try to avoid. :p

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Her nieces are 14 and 10 (11 next weekend). She took 3 weeks off in vacation time, but her sister in law's sister screwed up things so the GF has them for all 5 weeks of their vacation. We aren't allowed to do a full month like that. So of course when the GF cries there's no money to go away on her end, there really is no going away.

Atlantic City would have been nice but she pulled out the "I'd rather spend the money other ways" (even though I'd cover the whole trip), so that's that.

If you need a weekend away just go. If she doesn't want to come just leave her behind :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Family is fun isn't it? So many commitments... That I usually try to avoid. :p

Yup, those are always the most fun. I wish we went away to AC, but I'm not going to try to convince her. The sucky part with her living in NYC and me being in NJ is that whenever she comes to visit me it is a mini vacation for her only. For me it is all the same unless I get out of the area.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Z Ultra! Nah, I'm slightly kidding here. If the specs are close, even though the Z Ultra is a year old, it is a good option if you want a really big phone - as long as you don't care about the camera. Personally, the Nexus cameras have always been bad so nothing lost there over the Z ultra.

Plus Sony has been updating it pretty quickly so far...

I like good camera so it's more or less no-go for me. But I would be interested in Sony Xperia Z2. The price of Z1 is now 288?, meantime the half year older Galaxy S4 is 370? :O. Sonys seem to go directly from far too overpriced to underpriced in no time. So by the time I will be buying a phone Z2 should be quite cheap, maybe even Z3 for that price.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If you need a weekend away just go. If she doesn't want to come just leave her behind :)

Cannot do that. Not in the face of us not having any quality time for the past month and the fact that starting next month because of my internship I'll be working 2 days a week for free, 5 days a week for pay and virtually commuting into NYC 7 days a week. And still going to school.

I'll figure something out.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cannot do that. Not in the face of us not having any quality time for the past month and the fact that starting next month because of my internship I'll be working 2 days a week for free, 5 days a week for pay and virtually commuting into NYC 7 days a week. And still going to school.

I'll figure something out.

You have a mental schedule with your schooling. Hope it works out with all the hard work your doing. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like good camera so it's more or less no-go for me. But I would be interested in Sony Xperia Z2. The price of Z1 is now 288?, meantime the half year older Galaxy S4 is 370? :O. Sonys seem to go directly from far too overpriced to underpriced in no time. So by the time I will be buying a phone Z2 should be quite cheap, maybe even Z3 for that price.

Well, the G3 has a better camera. If you're strapped for cash, the Z2 is a good choice. The camera is good enough if all you want to do is the casual camera snaps. The Z2 is better than the S4 camera wise.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You have a mental schedule with your schooling. Hope it works out with all the hard work your doing. :)

I hope so too. I was put in a position where either I try to change jobs and not have an increase in pay that really can help, or go after what I want to do - being in management - by getting hammered right now to get my masters, ride out a couple of tough years and really take off later.

So I pick the second option.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hope so too. I was put in a position where either I try to change jobs and not have an increase in pay that really can help, or go after what I want to do - being in management - by getting hammered right now to get my masters, ride out a couple of tough years and really take off later.

I often have desires to change career or go back to do some schooling. Issue is I never know what to do in either case. :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Well, the G3 has a better camera. If you're strapped for cash, the Z2 is a good choice. The camera is good enough if all you want to do is the casual camera snaps. The Z2 is better than the S4 camera wise.

I'm not buying phone now, but probably early next year. LG G3 isn't bad but its not so cheap as 17 year old me would like to ;). Only 2 phones I could buy are currently(I'm prepared to pay) are Xperia Z1 for 288? and Nexus 5 for 250?. Both on 2 year contract.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Only thing I can say, keep strong.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I often have desires to change career or go back to do some schooling. Issue is I never know what to do in either case. :p

Well, as your wife will tell you...doing this type of work, if you want to be a true master of your own opportunities, the more qualified you are with both education and experience is the best way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not buying phone now, but probably early next year. LG G3 isn't bad but its not so cheap as 17 year old me would like to ;). Only 2 phones I could buy are currently(I'm prepared to pay) are Xperia Z1 for 288? and Nexus 5 for 250?. Both on 2 year contract.

What's the price of the Z1 Compact?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, as your wife will tell you...doing this type of work, if you want to be a true master of your own opportunities, the more qualified you are with both education and experience is the best way.

My wife is in an unusual position under the circumstances. Though she's a trained counsellor she has chosen a path that isn't well represented here in the UK. So it's a bit tough.

For myself in my current career, aside from management I'm pretty much at the peak.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Specs wise, there isn't much difference between that and the Z2. The camera, for one, is virtually the same.

Sure, same with full size Z1, you pay 20? more for bigger screen.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My wife is in an unusual position under the circumstances. Though she's a trained counsellor she has chosen a path that isn't well represented here in the UK. So it's a bit tough.

For myself in my current career, aside from management I'm pretty much at the peak.

I'm trying to walk the unusual way took, even in social work. That simply means that it is a long and less traveled road ahead too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750