WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Biggest issue regarding school. It's no longer about learning.

I could write a book about the subject.

True but if there weren't grades we would have problems with motivation. Probably.

So HTC One M8 for WindowsPhone ( good that's stupid name) will be also available for at&t. So even we in Europe might see it :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

True but if there weren't grades we would have problems with motivation. Probably.

So HTC One M8 for WindowsPhone ( good that's stupid name) will be also available for at&t. So even we in Europe might see it :)

We'll see it in the EU once no one cares about it . :p

My issue with the school system is more than to do with grades. The whole thing is systematically wrong. I don't have an issue with grades in general and I'm dead set against the 'fluffy' schooling that has come out. There are better ways of doing things, problem is, the government wants KPIs (key performance indicators) so they can tout how good their schooling is. It's rubbish and all schooling has become is the same thing that having a big house or fancy car is about. 'My kid goes to such and such'.... Such tosh.

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It's kind of the same here but more than than government the problem here are schools itself, where everyone boasts about achievements and some school after considered more up clad than others.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's kind of the same here but more than than government the problem here are schools itself, where everyone boasts about achievements and some school after considered more up clad than others.

In Australia and here in the UK it's all about sending your child to a 'good' school to ensure their future. There were people in Australia putting themselves into debt just to send their kids to a private school. That's when you know there's a problem.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

In Australia and here in the UK it's all about sending your child to a 'good' school to ensure their future. There were people in Australia putting themselves into debt just to send their kids to a private school. That's when you know there's a problem.

Yeah, almost all schools here are state(government) schools and private schools are rarity. Probably because our communistic history. Price schools are now also in development here and by the time I will have children things could be similar here too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just to change subject for a moment.

The L920 update was for Vodaphone. O2 has had their updates out for some time. The country variant is still under testing however. I'm not entirely sure why that is. If anything it should have been the first one updated. So that's disappointing. What's the point of buying unlocked if you're left waiting for an update?

Mine will probably show up sometime in September/October unless there's some push to get them out by the end of this month. Who knows?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, almost all schools here are state(government) schools and private schools are rarity. Probably because our communistic history. Price schools are now also in development here and by the time I will have children things could be similar here too.

In Finland, one of the top rated school systems in the world, has such a different way of doing things. Their schooling is free and it's free up to Phd level. So you find a lot of people with Masters in Finland.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

In Finland, one of the top rated school systems in the world, has such a different way of doing things. Their schooling is free and it's free up to Phd level. So you find a lot of people with Masters in Finland.

Schools are free here too. Up to university(including it). Sure you have to buy/borrow books and that on your own but we don't generally have tuition. There could be tuition for university of your grades aren't good enough that they would accept you in the first place.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Am I wrong, or does 'public school' mean a school that requires payment of tuition in the UK? I was told that 'public schools' are not free schools paid for by the government. I was told that 'public schools' in the UK are what we call 'private schools' in the US.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Am I wrong, or does 'public school' mean a school that requires payment of tuition in the UK? I was told that 'public schools' are not free schools paid for by the government. I was told that 'public schools' in the UK are what we call 'private schools' in the US.

There school system here is a bit of a mess if you want to know the truth. The terminology used makes it even more confusing. - https://www.gov.uk/types-of-school/faith-schools

Generally they use the therm 'state schools' but private is the term used for paid schools.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

The m8 for Windows has nearly double the battery life of its Android counterpart. M8 Windows usage time -21 hours. M8 Android-12 hours. Nearly 75% more battery life, on the same hardware. :amaze:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

The m8 for Windows has nearly double the battery life of its Android counterpart. M8 Windows usage time -21 hours. M8 Android-12 hours. Nearly 75% more battery life, on the same hardware. :amaze:

Ummm, no it doesn't ?
M8 Andro : Talk Time 20h, standby time 496h
M8 WP : Talk time: 22h , standby time 528h
source: HTC site

Sure it's better but not by much.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ummm, no it doesn't ?

You'll have to forgive him, anything to put down another OS. He's full on MS fan.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So another observation. I was able to download the latest DP update over mobile data. It actually gave me the option.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ummm, no it doesn't ?

Also he didn't take into consideration any overheating issues the WP OS will cause... :p

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

You'll have to forgive him, anything to put down another OS. He's full on MS fan.

I checked, there actually is article about that on PhoneArena http://www.phonearena.com/news/With...attery-life-of-the-One-M8-for-Android_id59571
I have no idea where they got their dates from though, I checked HTC's US site.
But that article still doesn't explain how is for @hav 21h compared to 12h 75% better result :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I checked, there actually is article about that on PhoneArena With the same battery, HTC One (M8) for Windows listed to have nearly double the battery life of the One (M8) for Android
I have no idea where they got their dates from though, I checked HTC's US site.
But that article still doesn't explain how is for @hav 21h compared to 12h 75% better result :D

That's got to be a mix up somewhere. There's no way it can be that more efficient. It looks good for WP but I have a hard time believing it considering I've heard many people have excellent battery life on Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb