WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sahib, during my school semster for this year, i intern on Sundays and Mondays for a total of 15 hours. I work 40hrs weekly from Tuesday to Saturday. I commute for another 18-20 hours each week.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
This will not go down well with Sahib....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's been one of those days where I just don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have to ask a question and maybe I've been missing something after being on WP for almost two years. What's so great about live tiles? Every new person and basically any fanatical WP person goes on about them. I don't quite get the fascination... What am I missing?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

o_O wow that's rough . Heck I'm tired by Thursday afternoon but I can't imagine how tiring it is

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Welcome to the real world, where people sacrifice a lot more to get things done...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have to ask a question and maybe I've been missing something after being on WP for almost two years. What's so great about live tiles? Every new person and basically any fanatical WP person goes on about them. I don't quite get the fascination... What am I missing?

(Reaches into the closet for some sheep shears and Windex). It is aesthetically a nice look on a UI. I personally like it as I'm not drowning in icons. However this is the look I use on my Z Ultra. For my Android devices I do one home screen only to decrease clutter. Still not as visually appealing as WP though.

Functionality wise, that's a different story...

Attachments

• 75927.jpg
    75927.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll always believe that MSFT was on the right track with how the original mantra of WP was to get off your phone and get on with life. Pity they bowed into pressure and went with a more Android style look.

Note to self...if you have a good vision, you'd better lay the groundwork well to keep people hooked and then build on your start aggressively to keep people hooked. MSFT was, and still is too siloed to do either of those things.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

(Reaches into the closet for some sheep shears and Windex). It is aesthetically a nice look on a UI. I personally like it as I'm not drowning in icons. However this is the look I use on my Z Ultra. For my Android devices I do one home screen only to decrease clutter. Still not as visually appealing as WP though.

Functionality wise, that's a different story...

From aesthetics maybe but the point behind them still eludes me. For example, the flipping on my weather app takes way too long. Other tiles either have nothing or the information is repetitive.

Keep in mind I live a fairly uncluttered life. I work and go home pretty much. I don't have 100s of people texting and emailing me daily. I also don't hold long conversations on text, whatsapp or Skype daily, only once in a while but then I still don't need live tiles to do that.

That's where it sort of loses me. I see my phone as functional more than anything else. It's partially why I can care less about customization. I just want a device that works. I do what I need and that's all that matters. Which is what I thought WP was for. I'm not going to sit and stare at my background image, my lock image or watch the tiles flip. I've got a life. To some, those things are very important to them, to me whatever.

That's why I never got the live tile thing. It just seemed like something to have. A gimmick.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

From aesthetics maybe but the point behind them still eludes me. For example, the flipping on my weather app takes way too long. Other tiles either have nothing or the information is repetitive.

Keep in mind I live a fairly uncluttered life. I work and go home pretty much. I don't have 100s of people texting and emailing me daily. I also don't hold long conversations on text, whatsapp or Skype daily, only once in a while but then I still don't need live tiles to do that.

That's where it sort of loses me. I see my phone as functional more than anything else. It's partially why I can care less about customization. I just want a device that works. I do what I need and that's all that matters. Which is what I thought WP was for. I'm not going to sit and stare at my background image, my lock image or watch the tiles flip. I've got a life. To some, those things are very important to them, to me whatever.

That's why I never got the live tile thing. It just seemed like something to have. A gimmick.

So do I. I like the simple things and don't need a bunch of crap, personally. I did t need to be inundated with apps so I don't use iOS. I don't feel like I have to root my device to get it how I want it to work, so I've settled on Sony UI. Any bloat I dont need I just don't use it. I would have wanted more base functionality in the OS for WP though. Bake in some of the simpler more common features in some apps into the OS itself. That what where they started off with the hubs and may have wanted to go and people bellyached and we have this Android ish type look.

A real pity indeed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So do I. I like the simple things and don't need a bunch of crap, personally. I did t need to be inundated with apps so I don't use iOS. I don't feel like I have to root my device to get it how I want it to work, so I've settled on Sony UI. Any bloat I dont need I just don't use it. I would have wanted more base functionality in the OS for WP though. Bake in some of the simpler more common features in some apps into the OS itself. That what where they started off with the hubs and may have wanted to go and people bellyached and we have this Android ish type look.

A real pity indeed.

I think the hub idea was good but doomed to failure as social networks constantly change their APIs. MS would need absolute control of updates to really make it useful. It became obvious that wasn't going to happen. So we have change. As for the rest of the Android like things that have come, meh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb