WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well, WP seems to be a slowly dying platform...maybe more of an atrophied state than a full death.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

It seems to be stagnating at the high end with potential growth at the low end and in the long term that will be a problem.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

huh a quick observation I made about my 830. so I was playing with recording a video and to test out the OIS( not sure how to test that) . I first used the stock camera from msft. I noticed that it doesn't auto focus and it doesn't change the white balance fast enough but the main thing was that it records in mono not in stereo. I got worried that I got a defected phone so I went to use the nokia pro cam and did the same test and I noticed that it preformed much much better and it used all 3 mics instead of one.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

huh recently Ive been gaining weight . when I first started off I was weighing 124 now I weight 128. I hope its muscle and not fat because weight training + cardio should help me increase my muscle mass. ive also increased my water intake and lowered my sweet drink intake.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

huh recently Ive been gaining weight . when I first started off I was weighing 124 now I weight 128. I hope its muscle and not fat because weight training + cardio should help me increase my muscle mass. ive also increased my water intake and lowered my sweet drink intake.

Cardio doesn't increase muscle mass it tones. :p Cardio is good for the heart and muscle. To put into perspective the difference, look at a bike rider compared to weight lifter.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It seems to be stagnating at the high end with potential growth at the low end and in the long term that will be a problem.

That is the issue at the moment. WP is attractive to the low end market, especially the developing countries, thanks to Nokia. It's understandable why MS would want to keep them happy as they have a good developers program going on in most those countries. Whereas in the developed countries, developers seem to sticking their nose up at WP.

Whether WP can become more mainstream really rests with how they can make developing attractive for developers. They obviously haven't done it yet. Whether W10 has the potential is questionable at this stage. If they would have released WP8, W8 and WRT as cross platform then maybe things would be different. I'm not sure about their marathon thinking. Lots of people seem to think MS has a bottomless pit of money and think that shareholders and market share mean nothing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That is the issue at the moment. WP is attractive to the low end market, especially the developing countries, thanks to Nokia. It's understandable why MS would want to keep them happy as they have a good developers program going on in most those countries. Whereas in the developed countries, developers seem to sticking their nose up at WP.

Whether WP can become more mainstream really rests with how they can make developing attractive for developers. They obviously haven't done it yet. Whether W10 has the potential is questionable at this stage. If they would have released WP8, W8 and WRT as cross platform then maybe things would be different. I'm not sure about their marathon thinking. Lots of people seem to think MS has a bottomless pit of money and think that shareholders and market share mean nothing.

They'll be in the market of course. So will RIM (still refuse to call it Blackberry). Will both have large market shares? Hell no. But they'll still offer consumers something as a decent alternative option. What folks forget is that those low ended and low mid range people don't necessarily use apps unless it is the uber popular stuff. So unless MSFT address that, they'll be a niche played with Crackberry-ish rabid supporters.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo