WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Most businesses look to the US because it's easy to do business there and make lots of money, so the old fable goes. Be successful in the US and you're the best, etc.

Microsoft is a US company and that's always been their home. They've always catered to the US and they were out to make WP the next iPhone. People keep forgetting that. Everyone wants to be Apple and why not? Zombie customers. But to be successful you don't need to be Apple or Microsoft. You can be a phone OEM, sell to people in markets that know you and do well.

When I talk about Nokia selling phones again I'm not thinking in terms of Apple success. That's why I keep saying they would have to be different than what they were. Simple combination of good hardware and Android OS to markets that know them and they could do well. Nokia is well liked in emerging markets and so is Android. Need I say more?

In the US it's not changed in mentality for some time. You have to be the biggest and best to be considered successful. No you don't.

I do agree with what you say you don't have to make it in the US but they cant forget it if they want to do well,. im not saying center your attention to the US but don't leave it out

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well today is a bit dull and cloudy but seems to be going fairly quickly, which is good.

One of those weeks where you're living for the weekend.
its raining in in northern cali. while we need the rain the kids might be bummed out if it keeps on raining the whole day

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I do agree with what you say you don't have to make it in the US but they cant forget it if they want to do well,. im not saying center your attention to the US but don't leave it out

You don't need the US to do well. There's many many companies that do well that people in the US never heard of.

Just because it's tech doesn't mean you have to do well in the US. It's not necessary. With the mindset of the populace in the US I probably would only release mid range phones there simply because you'll have a greater take up. With the EU and elsewhere you can do a range of different phones.

However, I'm thinking of more along the lines that they create two phones designs, two sizes only, put different hardware in depending on the market. Simple and straightforward and cost effective.

Saying that, I doubt that's what they'll do...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

its raining in in northern cali. while we need the rain the kids might be bummed out if it keeps on raining the whole day

It was a fantastic day here. We got up to 21C with sun and blue sky. Probably last day like this, this year...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It was a fantastic day here. We got up to 21C with sun and blue sky. Probably last day like this, this year...
We had holiday today, not like it matters since I'm free all week but any way. It's the reformation day. We celebrate it because we received the first book written in Slovene language.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Worked on some laptops today. Both had lots of virus. Not a bad day :p

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb