WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I second that. Although tomorrow early AM, I am going for a hike. But I need a vacation, we are thinking Mexico or Australia.

Anywhere outside of NY metro area works for me. Except for Philly. Going to vacation in Philly is like punishment.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I can honestly say that the Z3 battery smokes my L920 battery. I went from 11:00 to 9:00pm and still had more than 60% remaining.

This is doing lots of different things but nothing different than what I would do with my L920 which probably would have died on the way home... if it didn't die beforehand. :p

I'm impressed with the Z3 on the whole. I still need to tweak it a bit more and play around with it but overall I'm very happy. The camera is great. Everything is quick and snappy. Such a difference compared with my L920.

Also having such a light phone is a weird sensation. I felt strange.

I've come to the conclusion that my L920 was probably a lemon.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know you live in NYC and nothing fazes you when:

1) You're walking through a side street and you spot a well dressed woman squat in a corner of a construction pylons to pee with her equally well dressed male companion shielding her from view

2) A woman is bottle feeding a small kitten and to keep it warm, she puts it under her coat and between two layers of her clothing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I can honestly say that the Z3 battery smokes my L920 battery. I went from 11:00 to 9:00pm and still had more than 60% remaining.

This is doing lots of different things but nothing different than what I would do with my L920 which probably would have died on the way home... if it didn't die beforehand. :p

I'm impressed with the Z3 on the whole. I still need to tweak it a bit more and play around with it but overall I'm very happy. The camera is great. Everything is quick and snappy. Such a difference compared with my L920.

Also having such a light phone is a weird sensation. I felt strange.

I've come to the conclusion that my L920 was probably a lemon.

I always thought you had a lemon 920 anyways. Glad to see you like the Z3. It does have one of the better cameras overall on Android. Your battery life should be stellar because you've got a more efficient quad core and a 3100 mah battery. It is an adjustment to using a lighter phone, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I always thought you had a lemon 920 anyways. Glad to see you like the Z3. It does have one of the better cameras overall on Android. Your battery life should be stellar because you've got a more efficient quad core and a 3100 mah battery. It is an adjustment to using a lighter phone, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yes I suspected as much as well. What was frustrating for me is that I had no ability to return the phone. I did send it in for repairs one but that was purely software related in the first month before NSRT was available. I just couldn't go through a 10 day waiting period again with getting the same phone back at the end like before. That would have really annoyed me.

Yesterday's usage is what I typically do in London. I'd usually start to panic half way through as my battery would drop to 20% or something around there and I'd want to charge it somewhere. Yesterday was not one of those days where charging was an option. So it was nice to feel that freedom. Though I couldn't help wonder if my phone would do well. It's going to take some time to regain confidence in technology I think. The L920 was a big let down.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I thought I'd post a picture from last night.

This is the chaotic mess of Regent Street. This is the usual Christmas display. This year's theme is A Night at the Museum.

My L920 would never be able to take this picture. It would be a washed out mess.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416740130312.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416740130312.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I thought I'd post a picture from last night.

This is the chaotic mess of Regent Street. This is the usual Christmas display. This year's theme is A Night at the Museum.

My L920 would never be able to take this picture. It would be a washed out mess.

Nice. Looks like the Z3 did the job in the eats thread too...pictures look very good. It is very tempting to get one myself as I thoroughly enjoyed the Sony experience on the Z Ultra.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes I suspected as much as well. What was frustrating for me is that I had no ability to return the phone. I did send it in for repairs one but that was purely software related in the first month before NSRT was available. I just couldn't go through a 10 day waiting period again with getting the same phone back at the end like before. That would have really annoyed me.

Yesterday's usage is what I typically do in London. I'd usually start to panic half way through as my battery would drop to 20% or something around there and I'd want to charge it somewhere. Yesterday was not one of those days where charging was an option. So it was nice to feel that freedom. Though I couldn't help wonder if my phone would do well. It's going to take some time to regain confidence in technology I think. The L920 was a big let down.

You felt like how I used to feel with certain phones, especially the N5, before I got the OPO. Now, I just simply use the phone and nor stress over that sort of stuff. Hopefully your Z3 experiences continues to go well.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You felt like how I used to feel with certain phones, especially the N5, before I got the OPO. Now, I just simply use the phone and nor stress over that sort of stuff. Hopefully your Z3 experiences continues to go well.

The pics in the Eats thread has some fitted on them but the pictures were just fine as they were. I just like to add some flare in the Eats thread. :p

The picture here I had to straighten and I made some minor adjustments.

I'm still getting used to the camera. :)

When I get opportunity to take some really nice pictures is when I'll be able to say I'm totally satisfied but at this stage I'm very happy with the pictures and the experience on the phone.

I got the Z3 for ?384. For a phone like this that's fairly cheap.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The pics in the Eats thread has some fitted on them but the pictures were just fine as they were. I just like to add some flare in the Eats thread. :p

The picture here I had to straighten and I made some minor adjustments.

I'm still getting used to the camera. :)

When I get opportunity to take some really nice pictures is when I'll be able to say I'm totally satisfied but at this stage I'm very happy with the pictures and the experience on the phone.

I got the Z3 for ?384. For a phone like this that's fairly cheap.

Sounds like you got it for a good price there. I know that you guys in the UK pay through the nose at times for phones.

I like my OPO's camera. Low light is where the weaknesses show up, but I'm not embarrassed to use it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm really thumbing through the reviews for the Asus Zen watch and I must say I do like what I see so far. I looked at the Moto 360 in store and it was stunningly gorgeous. Saw the Gear S and went "meh". Design wise the best looking ones are the Pebble Steel, Asus Zen Watch and Moto 360. The 4 i like overall are those 3 i just mentioned and the Sony SW3. The 360's too expensive for me so I'll pass. I'm seriously thinking between the Steel and the Zen watch. Right now the Steel had the lead, but I'm digging what Asus did. If I buy one battery life is the priority. I like the idea of making voice notes for articles I'm reading or for session notes for my process recordings for clients. Overall in the wear space the two items that would fit best with my gear are the MSFT band and the Zen watch. Pebble Steel is what I may get if I pull the trigger though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like you got it for a good price there. I know that you guys in the UK pay through the nose at times for phones.

I like my OPO's camera. Low light is where the weaknesses show up, but I'm not embarrassed to use it.

Well regular retail is ?560 and the cheapest at most places was ?470.

So I think I did well. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb