WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Bit of a miserable day here today. Work is fine but no designing today it looks like. On the bright side I finished the website design I was doing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Bit of a miserable day here today. Work is fine but no designing today it looks like. On the bright side I finished the website design I was doing.

It was sunny down here but it's turned overcast now. :/

Work has been dull too. :/

Thankfully it's a short week! :D

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So...if I didn't have work on Saturday and had no other day to get the few items I need, I'd support this easily with my wallet for sure:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc...oycotts-planned-to-protest-ferguson-decision/

This whole situation is just another tragedy in a long line of tragedies here. I have a workshop with teenage boys next week and I am debating whether I should talk about this or not.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Have you sort of 'given up' on it for the moment?

I'm in that in between space. I like it, but I'm waiting for denim to see what it brings. If I can get a wearable that supports it, I could see myself using it as a daily driver again...because I'd carry an Android tab, i could get away with going back to WP. I'm in a holding pattern right now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So...if I didn't have work on Saturday and had no other day to get the few items I need, I'd support this easily with my wallet for sure:

#NotOneDime: Black Friday Boycotts Planned To Protest Ferguson Decision - Forbes

This whole situation is just another tragedy in a long line of tragedies here. I have a workshop with teenage boys next week and I am debating whether I should talk about this or not.

I think it's a brilliant protest and one that should work wonders in the US. Of course reading the comments of the article is depressing.

I was going to ask what you thought of this whole Ferguson thing, one of many such incidents I know. I'm not into riots because 99% of the time they lead to crime but I'm all for protest.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm in that in between space. I like it, but I'm waiting for denim to see what it brings. If I can get a wearable that supports it, I could see myself using it as a daily driver again...because I'd carry an Android tab, i could get away with going back to WP. I'm in a holding pattern right now.

Ah. I was trying to do that with my L920 but it got to the point the battery just wasn't holding up any more so I had little choice. It was either buy a new battery and hope it did the job or buy a new phone with a better battery and try another experience.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think it's a brilliant protest and one that should work wonders in the US. Of course reading the comments of the article is depressing.

I was going to ask what you thought of this whole Ferguson thing, one of many such incidents I know. I'm not into riots because 99% of the time they lead to crime but I'm all for protest.

There's just too many of these things. Sean Bell (NYC), Trayvon Martin (Florida)...the list is much, much longer than those names. I'm not surprised at any of it at all. I'm in a spot where I haven't shaved and am debating whether I should grow my hair or get a haircut. Every once in a while I'll get the while eye looks that Muslim males may get covertly because of it. Many times I get the covert evil eyes because I have an "angry black man" scowl on my face - even when I'm not using the angry black man scowl.

As much as this is 2014, America keeps reminding us that black lives, especially black males don't matter. There are quite a few places in the US I'd love to travel to or maybe move to, but the color of my skin makes doing so hazardous to my health.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ah. I was trying to do that with my L920 but it got to the point the battery just wasn't holding up any more so I had little choice. It was either buy a new battery and hope it did the job or buy a new phone with a better battery and try another experience.

Makes sense. I realized a long time ago I was a platform agonist. I'd like to use windows more exclusively but their app support for the stuff I use by developers is shoddy at best. I still like the look and feel of the UI - and when well executed it is the best fit for me. Problem is the consistency of that execution is sorely lacking.

That's my take as to why I have an Android phone as a primary. If I was just keeping a phone as a spare, I'd have a moto X 2013 for that purpose and use the 1520 exclusively. I'm just not at that point though.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Happy thanksgiving for all in the states :)
Week is almost over for me, I'm just leaving school, I had preparation for physics competition so it took a bit longer than usually but it was interesting :). And the weather is rubbish, cold foggy and it's drizzling. And I thought I don't live in UK :p
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

Attachments

• WP_20141127_001.jpg
    WP_20141127_001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Makes sense. I realized a long time ago I was a platform agonist. I'd like to use windows more exclusively but their app support for the stuff I use by developers is shoddy at best. I still like the look and feel of the UI - and when well executed it is the best fit for me. Problem is the consistency of that execution is sorely lacking.

That's my take as to why I have an Android phone as a primary. If I was just keeping a phone as a spare, I'd have a moto X 2013 for that purpose and use the 1520 exclusively. I'm just not at that point though.

I personally think the Hubs idea is dead in WP. I also see things changing more in the interface as well.

Things would be different had MS had their way. I think WP would be much further if they had the freedom they do with their PC OS. Unfortunately they were rather naive in their thinking and they paid the price for their ignorance by having a slow update cycle.

With Android I'm liking the ability to check things out. If I'm interested in something I can find it. That kind of freedom simply doesn't exist on WP. I think that's where people get confused with the app arguments. There are two types of people. Those who want the latest and greatest and those who don't care. Thing is, the first group is much larger than the second, especially in the younger crowd. The first group is also influenced a lot by friends. If WP was up to speed there would be greater take up. The second group is really more the older generations. Myself being one but I'm still curious about the latest thing as are many in my age group.

This to me is what is essentially killing WP take up along with the lack of a real flagship that will wow people. I guess W10 is the hope.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's just too many of these things. Sean Bell (NYC), Trayvon Martin (Florida)...the list is much, much longer than those names. I'm not surprised at any of it at all. I'm in a spot where I haven't shaved and am debating whether I should grow my hair or get a haircut. Every once in a while I'll get the while eye looks that Muslim males may get covertly because of it. Many times I get the covert evil eyes because I have an "angry black man" scowl on my face - even when I'm not using the angry black man scowl.

As much as this is 2014, America keeps reminding us that black lives, especially black males don't matter. There are quite a few places in the US I'd love to travel to or maybe move to, but the color of my skin makes doing so hazardous to my health.

It's truly sad the way this continues. I don't think a lot of Americans really realise just how frequent this is. Even worse is that there's probably too many who think these people 'deserved' what they got.

I'm at a loss that the police office in Ferguson said he did nothing wrong and has a clear concious. I'm a little stunned really. I could never have a clear concious after killing someone for what appears no reason. Even if there was a scuffle did he really deserve to be shot six times and killed? For what? For being a possible suspect in a robbery? Did the boy have no rights? That's what people seem to forget in these things.

The law in the US is messed up and is unfortunately controlled by white people.

As much as people complain about street cameras and surveillance I personally think this is the way for things to go. Eye witness accounts are never accurate and a camera doesn't lie, be erased, yes, lie, no. Not saying there isn't issues with cameras but I think it would help.

No point getting into the whole gun argument either. Let's face it when you have easy access to killing machines people will use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte