WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

even taking time off of work seems like a drag :eek:
That's why people start their own businesses. Of course you need to have a business that provides lifestyle as well or something you enjoy doing that doesn't feel like work.

Now you know why work can suck.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's why people start their own businesses. Of course you need to have a business that provides lifestyle as well or something you enjoy doing that doesn't feel like work.

Now you know why work can suck.

lol it seems they want to discourage you from taking vacations :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My fear exactly. He'd claim he forgot about protection in anticipation of the all you can eat buffet....like he forgets most things here and then has to go reread the post to get it. This time he might actually "get it" something he shouldn't be getting��

HA im not that dense ;P I remember stuff like that

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So it was a fairly productive day for me today, but the last hour seemed to take forever to get done.

Tonight I need to finish off a website then I'm work free for 2 weeks. GLEE!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

lol it seems they want to discourage you from taking vacations
Not all companies are like that but there are a lot that are not very nice to work for. Some are down right awful. Usually the smaller they are the more they demand of you typically. They're typically the ones that give guilt trips if you take a vacation.

But there are some larger ones that do it too. That's why people burn out. You need balance. Everyone does

My advice to you is this. If you're ever in a place you don't like, don't ever cause waves. Just do your job, get the experience you're after, then find a better place. Just don't do it often otherwise it looks bad on your CV/resume unless you're contacting our temping.

Life's too short to work at a place you don't like.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LOL! Depends where you work and what your work is like. Most places give you an allocated amount of days of vacation. The US is not known for being overly generous. You'll probably get only 10 days at first, if you take them. That's not including public holidays.

Some places are more flexible than others. My current work site gives me 29 days + 8 federal holidays.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not all companies are like that but there are a lot that are not very nice to work for. Some are down right awful. Usually the smaller they are the more they demand of you typically. They're typically the ones that give guilt trips if you take a vacation.

But there are some larger ones that do it too. That's why people burn out. You need balance. Everyone does

My advice to you is this. If you're ever in a place you don't like, don't ever cause waves. Just do your job, get the experience you're after, then find a better place. Just don't do it often otherwise it looks bad on your CV/resume unless you're contacting our temping.

Life's too short to work at a place you don't like.

Agreed.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm headed back to the GF's house. Got a very tight window. Since the potatoes take the longest to cook, I'll peep and get those in the pot instantly. Everything else cooks fast. She doesn't have much seasonings in her house so I planned to bring some of mine - but I forgot. Oh, well - I've made this in her house before and it returned out fine. I may just roast the peppers only and steam some green beans, but I'll decide when I get there.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Mission accomplished. I think in overcooked the red peppers and asparagus, but the shrimp, potato and mushrooms are dead on. Got in an out with her seeing me in her apartment.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Attachments

• 7153.jpg
    7153.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 13

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the GF was very excited over my efforts in the kitchen today. She'll eat and give feedback shortly. I heard the excitement in her voice and it made my evening.

Homeward bound to a cold beer. Debating about getting pizza but I really don't feel like it.

Posting 1+1 Style!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One change with Android I don't like with lollipop is that they have the gmail app control all emails now, instead of having a separate email and gmail app. The old email app doesn't push emails to my G Watch anymore. Gonna try to see if it will do so for my outlook app. I stopped using that because it is a less than useful app. We'll see...

Posting 1+1 Style!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So the GF was very excited over my efforts in the kitchen today. She'll eat and give feedback shortly. I heard the excitement in her voice and it made my evening.

Homeward bound to a cold beer. Debating about getting pizza but I really don't feel like it.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Ah nothing better than making your SO happy :) good stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs