WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm still enamored by the Z2. I like the feel in hand...and I like the color purple on a phone. The issue I have is that it's really a sidegrade in many ways to the OPO and I'd have to take pictures in Manual mode apparently because the SA mode is so hit or miss. I do like the AudioFX on the OPO and the camera on the OPO shoots in RAW. I guess I'll keep my OPO for another month and if I'm not feeling it, I'll sell in march and get a Z2.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)
My wife is annoyed by the lack of purple phones lately. I personally dislike the current colours out there which is why I stick to black. I'd happily buy color if there was something I liked.

She would have picked up a Z3 compact if it came in purple. Doesn't look like things are changing with colour anytime soon. Luckily I found a purple shell for her L820. She's happy for now but the lack of apps she wants is starting to bug her more.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Its been a long time now. I'm back, hopefully...
I've been to Haridwar(one of the most holy places in my country). The climate was very cool(below 10 C). Quite frankly, not habituated to living in such cold regions. The water of river ganga was icy cool. Took some pictures which I would post later.
Overall it was a good experience...
Sounds interesting. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd like a 64-bit 7" Android tablet. The N7 is nice but the guts are old. I may leave my G Watch home one day and take my WP out as the daily drover and lug my N7 around to see how I feel about that combo.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife is annoyed by the lack of purple phones lately. I personally dislike the current colours out there which is why I stick to black. I'd happily buy color if there was something I liked.

She would have picked up a Z3 compact if it came in purple. Doesn't look like things are changing with colour anytime soon. Luckily I found a purple shell for her L820. She's happy for now but the lack of apps she wants is starting to bug her more.

She likes smaller phones, I take it? She could just get a very nice purple case and pick a black or white model Z3 Compact...

Or she can get a purple Z Ultra + a SBH-52+ a AsusZen watch.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

She likes smaller phones, I take it?

Yes. The L820 is the size she likes. She found my L920 too big. Well it was large in many ways.

I think if she found something comfortable then she would buy it regardless of size. When she uses my Z3 on occasion she seems to like it. If it came in purple I think she'd get one.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I would like more cyan and green phones :D

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sahib,

1) you bought a prototype model
2) even if it wasn't a prototype, you clearly missed out on over the past few weeks that myself and 99 have repeatedly mentioned that the 830 is overpriced for an "affordable flagship". MSFT is charge I by Z3 compact money for a phone on a hardware comparison that the Z3 Compact wipes with floor with, while providing a similarly buttery smooth experience.

For the $500 MSFT is charging for that 830, which doesn't even have the T-Mobile bands, here's what I can get with cash to spare in some cases (as in either unlocked international or t-mo LTE friendly)

1) an open box unicorn 1520.3
2) a brand new 930
3) a brand new Oneplus One 64 GB + a LG G Watch (amazon only)
4) a mint condition Moto X 2014
5) a brand new regular 1520
6) a brand new Z2
7) a brand new 3G Z3 Compact
8) a brand new HTC E8
9) 2 mint condition Z Ultras
10) a brand new Z Ultra + a brand new Asus Zenwatch
11) a brand new OPO 16GB + a brand new Zenwatch
13) a 64GB OPO

For the total price if it was purchased in your home state, including taxes, I could sneak a LG G3, 2 brand new Z Ultras, a 3G Xperia Z3, etc.

Point is, the 830 is overpriced. And MSFT didn't even have the balls to sell your prototype model with all the bands in the US store. What a joke.

Posting 1+1 Style!
With my bargaining skills this list could be longer and some even more exotic devices can be potentially included.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

She likes smaller phones, I take it? She could just get a very nice purple case and pick a black or white model Z3 Compact...

Or she can get a purple Z Ultra + a SBH-52+ a AsusZen watch.

She's not a fan of cases. Her current L820 was originally bought as white and she picked up a purple shell after I did some searching to find one. She had a purple case to cover the white but she didn't like the way it looked. Maybe it's about finding the right case but that's always difficult. Only iPhones seem to have any real options.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

With my bargaining skills this list could be longer and some even more exotic devices can be potentially included.

Well, we both know that you and I - especially you - could pull off !ore impressive lists. But I think I made my point just to say how crazy MSFT is to offer that version of the 830 for $500.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
She's not a fan of cases. Her current L820 was originally bought as white and she picked up a purple shell after I did some searching to find one. She had a purple case to cover the white but she didn't like the way it looked. Maybe it's about finding the right case but that's always difficult. Only iPhones seem to have any real options.

Well, chalk it up to the hard work of 3rd party case makers. I mean, the iPhone itself is pretty bland so you only get to express your true uniqueness and still say "hey, I own an iPhone" with the case you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo