WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning!

Playing with the newly updated Firefox browser for iOS this morning. Not bad.. Much like the Chrome app in a few ways...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

One of our intrepid hunters delivered their prey to us.... We were wondering where that sock was...

uploadfromtaptalk1469971568280.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gut impressions so far:

Pros:

1) Premium feeling with the combination of glass and metal. Design is kinda like an iPhone but not. Kinda like a Samsung, but not (the GF started to ask if it was a Samsung, but stopped when she saw it a bit better).

2) Incredibly light. It's been years since I used a phone so light. I'm a hefty kinda guy with my devices, so this is some adjustment. I see why people like the Apple devices for this reason.

3) Chip set is fast.

4) Camera is an upgrade from the Maxx (whose camera wasn't completely terrible). The G4 is still better than this though in low light.

Cons:

1) MIUI has some quirks. Not a fan of how they handled the notifications. RAM management is as aggressive as demonstrations at Trump campaign stops.

Also it's hard to change my location because US isn't supported. So already there are some apps I cannot use because of this.

2) Lack of LTE support for my carrier. Moto and Nokia always had the best radios in the business, so using anyone outside of those two (Apple and Samsung are solid too) is always a step back.

This thing isn't fully set up yet (almost though), so I should have an update after a week.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gut impressions so far:

Pros:

1) Premium feeling with the combination of glass and metal. Design is kinda like an iPhone but not. Kinda like a Samsung, but not (the GF started to ask if it was a Samsung, but stopped when she saw it a bit better).

2) Incredibly light. It's been years since I used a phone so light. I'm a hefty kinda guy with my devices, so this is some adjustment. I see why people like the Apple devices for this reason.

3) Chip set is fast.

4) Camera is an upgrade from the Maxx (whose camera wasn't completely terrible). The G4 is still better than this though in low light.

Cons:

1) MIUI has some quirks. Not a fan of how they handled the notifications. RAM management is as aggressive as demonstrations at Trump campaign stops.

Also it's hard to change my location because US isn't supported. So already there are some apps I cannot use because of this.

2) Lack of LTE support for my carrier. Moto and Nokia always had the best radios in the business, so using anyone outside of those two (Apple and Samsung are solid too) is always a step back.

This thing isn't fully set up yet (almost though), so I should have an update after a week.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

I do like so far that there is more stock Google apps I can delete. Still, this doesn't have some Chinese bloat on it. I suppose once you use Google's version of Android, you've always got to deal with some sort of bloat...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is why I like this size phone wise. I'm in predominantly portrait mode ever since I started using it...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I do like so far that there is more stock Google apps I can delete. Still, this doesn't have some Chinese bloat on it. I suppose once you use Google's version of Android, you've always got to deal with some sort of bloat...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

That's actually great. Less bloat is good if you ask me

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So my set up is completed.

I still have to prune some songs but I was able to successfully copy over my playlist from one device to the next (via 1 app and Google drive).

Well see how it holds up for the week before posting my review.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So my set up is completed.

I still have to prune some songs but I was able to successfully copy over my playlist from one device to the next (via 1 app and Google drive).

Well see how it holds up for the week before posting my review.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
Good luck with it!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with it!

Thanks. It's an interesting device, for sure. I'm on the 32GB + 3GB FAM model. Space is tight for me, but I'll make it work at this price point.

If it were up to me though, I'd still go the no compromise on my viewpoint route and own a G5 + 950.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, there's a third party app for Pokemon Go... I wonder how long that will last before it's taken down.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I love the Prisma app. Here's a selfie I took with the Madrid filter.
e69bb863c4128bd1ba0e3209897ed8d6.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion