WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

@sahib, what are the stipulations in your job contract?
I'm not too sure. I know that I'm not allowed to say anything about the up coming plans of the company, I'm not allowed to quit before the 90 days are up. I don't get any commission during my 90 days since I'm considered to be in training. I am not allowed to join the competing carriers if I quit or get fired I would have a wait a certain amount of time.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm not too sure. I know that I'm not allowed to say anything about the up coming plans of the company, I'm not allowed to quit before the 90 days are up. I don't get any commission during my 90 days since I'm considered to be in training. I am not allowed to join the competing carriers if I quit or get fired I would have a wait a certain amount of time.
So, it includes selling?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I played with the Note 7 a little bit...it's good but not exciting (for me). I actually prefer the look of the Note 5. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a fan of the edge concept...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I just say, the 1080P screen on the Mi 5 is really nice. Very pleasant to read in normal lighting.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The more I use the Mi 5, the more I wonder if I can find the right Android device that checks off all my boxes. The closest hardware combo has been either the Maxx or the 950.

Don't get me wrong, the Mi 5 is very nice hardware wise...but it feels like another "really close" but not the "best fit for me" sort of device.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

my job interest have always been setting the ground work for computers. Like setting up the computers, cables, programs, networking, anything that its setting things up and making sure they are working. That's what I've always enjoyed doing.
To make my life easier. Is there a job title for that??? I used to do a lot of that when I was younger but can't be bothered now.

It sounds like your best option is an IT help desk or something along those lines.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

To make my life easier. Is there a job title for that??? I used to do a lot of that when I was younger but can't be bothered now.

It sounds like your best option is an IT help desk or something along those lines.
That's what I applied first :) but experience is what I need So ill keep on gaining by working at where I am at while look for one until I find it

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's what I applied first :) but experience is what I need So ill keep on gaining by working at where I am at while look for one until I find it

The work you're currently doing (unless I'm mistaken) doesn't appear to be along the same lines of what you want to do.

If you can't find a job due to experience, you may want to consider doing some workplace experience either through a company or by volunteering. This would be on your free time but you need to look beyond that.

I totally understand that you want to work, I get that, but you don't want to get caught in the work trap, which is getting stuck in a job simply because you're getting paid.

It's very easy to fall into this trap.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The work you're currently doing (unless I'm mistaken) doesn't appear to be along the same lines of what you want to do.

If you can't find a job due to experience, you may want to consider doing some workplace experience either through a company or by volunteering. This would be on your free time but you need to look beyond that.

I totally understand that you want to work, I get that, but you don't want to get caught in the work trap, which is getting stuck in a job simply because you're getting paid.

It's very easy to fall into this trap.

Agreed. Volunteer or intern are solid ways to pick up experience. Be creative in your search to do so. Everyone has responsibilities to meet and that can drive them getting a job, but it's better to have a career than a job.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. Volunteer or intern are solid ways to pick up experience. Be creative in your search to do so. Everyone has responsibilities to meet and that can drive them getting a job, but it's better to have a career than a job.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

When my wife deals with people wanting to change career paths she always mentions getting experience in that field through unpaid work placement or volunteering. Having some sort of 'official' experience is better than none, otherwise you just end up in a position where you get your schooling done and you have no work or start from the bottom again.

Not sure where Sahib is working currently but if has opportunity to do the work he wants there then that will help. At the moment it just seems to be a phone repair shop unless it also does PCs.

Other option is to start your own part time business helping small businesses. I did suggest this some time back. Usually there's a huge gap in a market to help small businesses as most larger IT companies tend to be too expensive for them.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

A guy at my work has the P9. He's quite happy with it.

It's my first time seeing one. Nice looking device
Thankfully, it has Swype which I use regularly. It's just it got an update yesterday and the Google keyboard becase default keyboard again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb