WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

not sure why but I'm digging this song after hearing it on the radio. I guess they were playing 70s/80 music on my way home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo9QxYpMbTU

1982... I remember when it was released.

I'm not a big fan of Chicago personally. The early 80's was a bit messy as you had a mix of 70's sounding music with new 80's sounding music. Very odd time in music as you can actually see the transition happening between one and the other.

I like music from pretty much every decade I've been alive so far and even some from before I was born. However, the early 80's is a mix bag of some good music and some real crap. But then so is every decade. LOL!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

what are you going to learn first? stick or automatic?

Stick, definetelly. Automatics used to be a true rarity on Balkan. They were mostly used by RVI folks (persons who become disabled after the war), but know, with the newer cars, they're becoming more and more popular.
There's some sort of pride driving a stick car in Balkan. It's total nonsense, but older people see you as not manly enough if you're driving automatic. Weird, well, kinda.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

well you had a whole year ._.

I did, but reviews made me hesitant. I also wasn't overwhelmed using it on my PC in school, so I figured I'd wait till the Redstone. Now all I can do is wait and see if they'll run any sort of similar promotions.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Automatics in driving schools are almost nonexistent over here. Sure there are few but not many people decide to go for it. Probably not much different in the Bosnia.

No automatics in driving schools here as well. Just learn the stick and you can drive both :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Automatic in the EU is almost non existent... and Australia.

Though there has been an increase here in the UK but many people still go for a manual when learning.

Same thing in Balkan. When people are looling to buy a new car, no matter how good it is, and cheap for it's offering, if it's automatic, they'll probably just pass on it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

1982... I remember when it was released.

I'm not a big fan of Chicago personally. The early 80's was a bit messy as you had a mix of 70's sounding music with new 80's sounding music. Very odd time in music as you can actually see the transition happening between one and the other.

I like music from pretty much every decade I've been alive so far and even some from before I was born. However, the early 80's is a mix bag of some good music and some real crap. But then so is every decade. LOL!

I'd take 80s music instead of '00s and '10s any time, any day.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Same thing in Balkan. When people are looling to buy a new car, no matter how good it is, and cheap for it's offering, if it's automatic, they'll probably just pass on it.

There's this weird pride thing with manual cars here in EU and Australia (and I'm sure other areas). It's a non issue in North America what you drive, typically people drive automatic, I think that's partiality due to the distances people drive rather than anything else. Well, North American laziness maybe... :p

Let's face it, once you're on a highway it's irrelevant what you're driving. I'd rather an automatic in a city though, saves the shift up and down nonsense.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd take 80s music instead of '00s and '10s any time, any day.

I think you can find good music in every decade if you want. Just depends what you like/dislike.

Tool released Lateralus and 10,000 days in the 00's to give an example.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

(snip)

Let's face it, once you're on a highway it's irrelevant what you're driving. I'd rather an automatic in a city though, saves the shift up and down nonsense.
Agree. With the kind of traffic we "enjoy" here, automatic is the way to go. Anyway, once you learn manual, it won't go away.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There's this weird pride thing with manual cars here in EU and Australia (and I'm sure other areas). It's a non issue in North America what you drive, typically people drive automatic, I think that's partiality due to the distances people drive rather than anything else. Well, North American laziness maybe... :p

That's what I was saying. Dad was looking to buy a used Mercedes, found a great one, TDI, 2.2, Euro 4 everything was nice, until he saw it was an automatic. He just gave up. He's part of that "old school" drivers, the ones who know everything about cars and such.
Spot the sarcasm if you can.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I think you can find good music in every decade if you want. Just depends what you like/dislike.

I remembered that as soon as I posted :D.
Rock and metal wise I can still find good stuff. It's far from Maiden metal, or trashers style, but it's still good, grest to be honest, more raw.
But it's other genres that I find poor these days. Pop is pure junk, every song sounds the same, lyrics have no meaning, and don't get me started on auto tune. Balkan is stuck in even biggr crap. Turbo folk fever. The thing that annoys me the most is that they started acting and dressing as rockers while spitting crap from their mouth. That is unforgivable. I've started judging people and dividing them in two categories: Turbo folkers, and not-turbo folkers. Guess which one I can't stand.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

But yes, there still is nice music. Slipknot, Disturbed, Tool, Audioslave, and there's a great underground scene in Balkan, that is slowly but safely, coming to surface. Some of them are already very famous here like S.A.R.S., Dubioza kolektiv, Brkovi, Djecaci, Hladno Pivo and others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb