WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm searching the web for laptops. My initial plan was to use Galaxy Tab Pro I have at home for college. But after talking with one of students who just finished first year he said that computer comes handy because when programming you can try programs straight away. And since I won't be doing programing on Android anytime soon I have no idea what to do. Buy HP stream for year or 2, give it away to father and buy something proper then or buy something now and keep it.

if you are going to do programing the surface 3 is a great entry computer to get you into java programing

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

if you are going to do programing the surface 3 is a great entry computer to get you into java programing

The Surface 3 is not a cheap option for most people. An HP Stream is more than sufficient for the task.

In all honesty I think the Surface 3 is a bit pricey for what it is.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I know but it is a bit expensive. Basic one is 540? without keyboard. Not sure if I would pay so much for it, might be better to get something more powerful. But pen would be useful because I won't be writing equations on keyboard that's for sure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know but it is a bit expensive. Basic one is 540€ without keyboard. Not sure if I would pay so much for it, might be better to get something more powerful. But pen would be useful because I won't be writing equations on keyboard that's for sure.

You can get a Windows 10 laptop with touch screen that allows use of an active stylus. Probably significantly cheaper than the Surface 3.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Az, how do you like the P9 so far? What's the camera performance been like? I ask as it looks like the Honor 8 is a scaled down P9 and has made things more interesting at $400...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Morning folks...nothing new to report, outside of me lusting after that blue honor 8...

I find it interesting that phone designs now are either straight up aluminum only or glass and metal to get that premium feel. That's kinda boring. What's more interesting is only Samsung has added wireless charging in their glass and metal phones...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As much as I'm lusting after the new stuff, the Mi 5 has been a pleasure to use...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I didn't want to wait and so cashed my points out...

Doesn't hurt to cash them in just in case. I just don't have many points... I was cashing them in on the $10 Windows Store certificates while the sale was going on (was 650 points for $10, but it looks like it's back to 930 points). I managed to get Carmageddon on Xbox one for "free", which was great as the game isn't as good as I was hoping it would be.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

so an update on the car. the pistons are still good. that's great. I just needed to buy a new water pump and timing belt and spark plugs. all for a grand total of 350$. I say it worked out :D
Great to hear. Sounds like you have a non interference engine timing belt.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I know but it is a bit expensive. Basic one is 540? without keyboard. Not sure if I would pay so much for it, might be better to get something more powerful. But pen would be useful because I won't be writing equations on keyboard that's for sure.
There is one on the Marketplace for a reasonable price with quite a few goodies.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The one where Ellen is on his back? Is it just supposed to be him trying to get away from her or am I missing something?

Yep, that's the one. It's from a tweet she put out.

Text of tweet - This is how I'm running errands from now on.

I personally get the joke and apparently so did Usain. Unfortunately there's a lot of people wringing their hands over it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077