WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

the two M330 came back from the supplier with 10586 and will remain that way until Microsoft gets off their *** and solve the scaling problem.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm no longer surprised as Microsoft broke the Wi-Fi adapter driver on the latest insider build for my Surface Pro.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's unfortunate that the compact edition has a mid range processor and no IP67/8 rating.

I'll be curious what the prices will be like... well I know they'll be sky high.

I am slightly intrigued though. If they fix the camera issues mentioned in the AC review it could be a killer phone. I don't mind the design of the XZ and I think the blue is rather nice.

We've been waiting for 4 years for Sony to the really improve the camera. Call me skeptical, but I'm expecting another incremental improvement.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The compact appears to be a hybrid flagship mid range device. It's typical Sony to fudge things that were working. All their compact series phones have been 720p but they should have updated it by now to HD. Make the XZ with a higher density HD screen. I don't think 2K is really needed either.

Not entirely sure why they're shipping this with Marshmallow either, but then, it's Sony.

If they fix the camera it will probably be the best one out there. Which is what intrigues me about XZ. The rest is pretty much what I know now with the Z3, which suits me just fine.

As a former Z3 user, Sony strayed away from good battery life and didn't improve the camera. I just wished that they made most of their services apps you download from the Play Store. The theming engine to me got nerfed from 5.0, so pare the thing back further.

Clean up the lineup. The truth is Sony has a good idea, but messed it up as only Sony can.

I'd split the line up the following way:

Z series the annual flagship to compete with the Galaxy S line. $550 price. Use a 5.2" 2K screen here, and bundle your PlayStation VR efforts here.

The X line be the mid ranger to move units and priced a little below the $400 sweet spot. Go to a 4.6" 1080P screen at $400 price. Use Qualcomm mid range chip here, and keep the rest of the specs the same as the flagship.

The XA line as the base model for $250. Use the mid level MediaTek chip here.

The XA Ultra line as the big screen media junkie phone for $300. Use the high end MediaTek chip here.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

I still like the HTC 10 and G5, especially the G5. The problem I have in getting either one of these devices, especially the G5, is that their strengths over the Mi 5 aren't enough to warrant both the price difference and the effort needed to acquire them...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Flagship flops are always a double edged purchase. On one hand, they're a great buy, because depending on the manufacturer you can find them at good deal. For example, I can now get a G5 for $425 brand new and unlocked.

On the other hand, if the company has no rep, they'll bury the phone and you won't get updates. This is why Sammy and Apple can charge what they charge - you get a better overall experience.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My Lumia 640 got updated to Version 1607 OTA a couple of days ago. A few observations:
1. Definitely seems smoother
2. I like the new notifications
3. Battery life is much improved
4. Airplane mode toggle on/off doesn't necessarily turn the radios on, have to do it manually and restarting the phone does not help.

More to come later.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm currently hanging out near the coast on Somerset. It's been a long drive to get here. Was crap weather but it's nicer now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Noticed a lot of towns around Poole have puddle and piddle in the name bit of an overflow problem?

I'll get my coat...

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

There wasn't any rain in our forecast last night, but it started raining around 21:00. I was surprised.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I discovered another record store. It sells all used vinyl, nothing else, and the majority of the albums are progressive rock. The records are original, not reissues.

I picked up Brain Salad Surgery by ELP, In the Wake of Poseidon by King Crimson, and Close to the Edge by Yes. Not only does the vinyl sound better, it's also nice having the artwork by HR Giger and Roger Dean.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre