WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Doubt I'd get that phone. If I come back it would be for the 950 or the XL...simply for the camera and Qi, as those cameras are better than the 640 and are a better fit to my Mi 5.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Those are fine but the 640 on the latest build makes me wonder why people shell out hundreds more for other devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Those are fine but the 640 on the latest build makes me wonder why people shell out hundreds more for other devices.

For the same reasons as usual, there are certain features that OEMs sell folks.

Here's my thing. If I compare a Mi 5 with a S7 (and you know this having used both), the differences are most likely in the outdoor qualities of the display, low light capabilities of the camera, the charging options, slightly better battery life, better radio support and the SD expansion. Does it justify the price difference?

It is why I still own a Mi 5 and haven't gone crazy to get a Honor 8 or better yet, a G5. Now, I may ultimately get something else because if I'm traveling in a lot of dead zone spots in my area I need appropriate radios for better network coverage. Outside of that, it is hard justifying the effort needed to sell a Mi 5 for a G5 because the areas where the G5 (and add the HTC and the Xperia X in this too) bests the Mi 5 aren't enough.

And this is the reason why the G5 didn't sell. They hit the camera out of the ballpark. They hit a solid double with the design concept. They hit a double with maintaining the battery as removable. They hit some singles with the quick charging, IR blaster and always on display and curve of the top of the screen ergonomically. Yet the struck out on battery life, quality of the display, quality control issues with the build of the phone and the complimentary mods. And the price at launch was still too high. I'd put a cap in someone if I got a poor unit at launch for that price. LG should not have QC issues... they've been having these since the G3.

$400-450 is the new price point for consumers.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm on Version 1607 or 10.0.14393.67.
I don't participate in the Insider Builds.
When I woke up, my 636 is on this build. The scaling is broken again. I remembered setting it to defer updates, so I am surprised.

Damn.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Some pics from the beach visit yesterday.
1131833dfeb786a8b09e8c8835555d70.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It wouldn't be such a problem if it was UK or somewhere else where they speak English. It's German that's the problem, never had sympathies for this one. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to Rammstein's lyrics, lol.

It's Austria we're talking about. Now that I've mentioned it, it came to me that there are in fact many ex Ex Yu residents there, so it could be a bit better experience.

Austria. I'm heading to Vienna next month, my first time there. The country sounds like a nice place but I don't know much about it unfortunately.

I'll wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal of getting into university there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's exactly how I played it. Though I've never done the team thing, I'm guessing it's more interesting.

As for many things, you would be judged for playing dominos here. People would probably tell you to go running or something, but again, if they see you doing that exact thing, you'd be "kindly" suggested to sit back home and take the god damm book in your hands and start learning something. Then they would complain about how this country has stuck only on theoretical part, and never moved to practical, and then the circle would repeat itself.

It's easy to play in teams. When we play in teams, the pairs sit facing each other and minimal cues are allowed. If you know how to "read the game", playing in teams is cake. You just need a good partner to make things much easier.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I heard of the book but never read it. Reading the Wiki sounds a bit trippy and interesting. I can see why it became popular in the 60s.

It's one of the most complicated books I've read, it really manages too keep my attention.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Austria. I'm heading to Vienna next month, my first time there. The country sounds like a nice place but I don't know much about it unfortunately.

I'll wish you the best of luck in achieving your goal of getting into university there.

Thanks Rue!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The incompetence of my new manager has shown it's ugly head. Not that it hasn't before but this is truly the ultimate in incompetence.

I'll be brief.

- Current supervisor with a long history of the company (35 years) has decided to retire
- Gives three months notice
- The supervisor is both the lead on the project and the head of design of the whole of the UK
- Manger made assumption that another employee would want the lead position on the project without asking and waited until the last month to find out that they weren't interested
- Manger still hasn't managed to find replacement for head of design either
- Supervisor leaves on the 23/09/2016

Need I say more?

This is the type of nonsense that makes me annoyed with being a full time employee. If we were talking of replacing someone like me, probably not a big deal but we're talking head of design and lead of a major project here. Anyone new should have been shadowing him for at least a month or more if possible.

Truly pathetic and completely incompetent.

Then they wonder why people who contract don't want to go full time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb