WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The incompetence of my new manager has shown it's ugly head. Not that it hasn't before but this is truly the ultimate in incompetence.

I'll be brief.

- Current supervisor with a long history of the company (35 years) has decided to retire
- Gives three months notice
- The supervisor is both the lead on the project and the head of design of the whole of the UK
- Manger made assumption that another employee would want the lead position on the project without asking and waited until the last month to find out that they weren't interested
- Manger still hasn't managed to find replacement for head of design either
- Supervisor leaves on the 23/09/2016

Need I say more?

This is the type of nonsense that makes me annoyed with being a full time employee. If we were talking of replacing someone like me, probably not a big deal but we're talking head of design and lead of a major project here. Anyone new should have been shadowing him for at least a month or more if possible.

Truly pathetic and completely incompetent.

Then they wonder why people who contract don't want to go full time.

You've got an i-d-i-o-t for a supervisor, but I've got a whole *** for one. Relief is coming...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your management / supervisor issues.
I keep counting my lucky stars everyday...new boss(es) - it's complicated - are both good so far. Let's see what happens come review time :)
Off to Chicago/Milwaukee area next week though...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 640 version 1607 mini review

1. Battery life is back to the original Lumia 640 - absolutely stellar!
2. Phone runs smooth, smooth, smooth
3. Took 4 years for MSFT to polish up it's mobile OS but it is very fluid and has a great aesthetic appeal now. I would say it is approaching almost iOS like but still has the unique WP flavor.
4. Some new apps are also getting there in terms of quality, specifically mTalk. Now if I could only say that about the Starbucks app :-(
5. I find very few Loading/Resuming screens, I cannot believe it is the same Lumia 640 that I started using 13 months ago.
6. The notifications are a lot better, and they sync phenomenally well with my SP3. I think that is one aspect that is overlooked and in this regard it pulls ahead of iOS/MacOS IMO.
7. Everything that I use regularly - phone, text, camera, WhatsApp, Maps, Search, Groove (I'm a light user though), Weather, News, mTalk seems to work great. Starbucks needs some help. I haven't tried out the new Amazon app yet. I can't seem to point a finger at something specific, but finally everything feels like it is stitched together well and works as intended. The only problem is that I am afraid it is too late to bring the developers back.

Anyway that is my take on version 1607 on my Lumia 640.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You've got an i-d-i-o-t for a supervisor, but I've got a whole *** for one. Relief is coming...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
Manger actually...

He's a ******* twit at times. I have stories...

The biggest problem with him is he's more interested in himself and his image at the company more than anything else and can be complete *** at times.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Got some new headphones. ATH CLR-100, there was a flash sale since these are now discontinued. Love how they sound. They work well with my Lumia 640 with the Equalizer settings tuned.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your management / supervisor issues.
I keep counting my lucky stars everyday...new boss(es) - it's complicated - are both good so far. Let's see what happens come review time :)
Off to Chicago/Milwaukee area next week though...
Every reason for me to want to leave this company is there, problem is there's nowhere to go.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It wouldn't be such a problem if it was UK or somewhere else where they speak English. It's German that's the problem, never had sympathies for this one. I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to Rammstein's lyrics, lol.

It's Austria we're talking about. Now that I've mentioned it, it came to me that there are in fact many ex Ex Yu residents there, so it could be a bit better experience.
How about Zagreb? Sure it's not as good as studying in Germany but you can go on exchange for half a year to make some contacts. And life in Zagreb will certainly be cheaper compared to Austria.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Somewhere, over the rainbow... :)
51af70bd0e413a26515a66514acdd87b.jpg

And a "punk" caterpillar I found in front of my house :D
39a6a1cb8a8205f51cf9a412029cf620.jpg

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I'm planning a trip in October to Vienna and Bratislava. The two cities are about 1 hour apart by train.

Have the flights booked. Just need to sort out the accommodation.

I've been wanting to go to Vienna for some time now. Not as long as Egypt or Greece but at least 10 or so years now.

We might go to Budapest sometime before Christmas but not sure yet. It's looking like Christmas will be at home this year.
Are you excited rue 😁?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We are looking at Hawaii or Thailand for Thanksgiving week.
Not decided about the Christmas break - Australia or New Zealand? Might want to go to India as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Manger actually...

He's a ******* twit at times. I have stories...

The biggest problem with him is he's more interested in himself and his image at the company more than anything else and can be complete *** at times.

Doesn't matter the title, but an *** whose a supervisor or manager is still an ***.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Are you excited rue 😁?
Yeah I'm looking forward to Vienna it's such a grand city, similar to Paris. If we go to Bratislava (not sure yet, looks lovely though) it will be one day only.

We booked our accommodation and some other bits so it's just waiting now.

It's a short trip. Thursday to Monday. We'll have about four days to roam around.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I've had both types. Even at the same company... Assholes abound everywhere...

I'd rather be an ******* than a whole *** any day of the week
Unfortunately, I'm on a stretch of dealing with whole asses in management...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)