WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just do a little research, it'll take you 5 minutes. Sound quality via USB is much better, even better via Lightning port I believe.
3.5mm audio jack technology is at least 15 years old, or even more.

As long as we can keep a corded option in some manner, I'm OK with dropping the 3.5mm jack... Although, it should be standardized, so I'd opt for the USB type C head phones. **** Apple and their crap adapter(s).

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

As long as we can keep a corded option in some manner, I'm OK with dropping the 3.5mm jack... Although, it should be standardized, so I'd opt for the USB type C head phones. **** Apple and their crap adapter(s).

As I said, it's a really old technology, it was about time. As far as Apple concerned, I didn't watch the event, I have very little interest in their products. You don't see that many iPhones here, not to mention Macs.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of Mac, you guys remember that cousin of mine from St. Louis that was in visit few weeks ago? Well, she had a Mac, and man did I look stupid. I didn't know how to play a song on that thing, I don't even know which software she was using.

I somehow found Chrome, went to Youtube and played what I wanted, she looked at me as if she was staring at the fool.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's about time I go to bed. Just over 4 hours of sleep ahead of me, not even near the so desired minimum.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

What the hell? Just got a notification on my surface to respond to a text from my phone by opening the Messaging app... Anyhow, I can open it, but it doesn't seem to have the backend connections because you can pick a contact and type a message, but the send arrow is always greyed out.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Just do a little research, it'll take you 5 minutes. Sound quality via USB is much better, even better via Lightning port I believe.
3.5mm audio jack technology is at least 15 years old, or even more.
First off all I can tell you the whole lighting sounding better isn't proven yet. All cellphones and computers have a dac already what they are lacking is a proper amp. HTC solved that when they put proper amps with their phones. Their audio sounded great with any pair of headphones ( mia can vouch for that) In the end result all audio is converted back into analog or else the speakers in our headphones wouldn't work. The headphone jack isn't the problem, the problem is that we don't have proper amps to make the audio sound better. Apple its not doing anything great, they are being greedy for removing something that wasn't broken to begin with

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What the hell? Just got a notification on my surface to respond to a text from my phone by opening the Messaging app... Anyhow, I can open it, but it doesn't seem to have the backend connections because you can pick a contact and type a message, but the send arrow is always greyed out.
I wonder when msft its going to bring back that messaging everywhere :/

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Only works for Skype messages, I get that on my SP3 as well :-(

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

First off all I can tell you the whole lighting sounding better isn't proven yet. All cellphones and computers have a dac already what they are lacking is a proper amp. HTC solved that when they put proper amps with their phones. Their audio sounded great with any pair of headphones ( mia can vouch for that) In the end result all audio is converted back into analog or else the speakers in our headphones wouldn't work. The headphone jack isn't the problem, the problem is that we don't have proper amps to make the audio sound better. Apple its not doing anything great, they are being greedy for removing something that wasn't broken to begin with

http://www.androidauthority.com/3-5mm-audio-usb-type-c-701507/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As I said, it's a really old technology, it was about time. As far as Apple concerned, I didn't watch the event, I have very little interest in their products. You don't see that many iPhones here, not to mention Macs.
I'm going to agree with Sahib on this one.

All signals to your ears have to change to analogue at some point. So it will always come down to the DAC quality and the earphones quality.

Everything else is irrelevant.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have only known her for about 5 weeks. I think I'll take my time and cultivate a friendship first:)
I'll only say this.

If you want to have a friendship, keep doing that. If your want something else make it known sooner rather than later.

Whether you're a boy or a girl, you want to know if someone is interested in you. Dragging things on can send the wrong message.

I'm sure this advice has come up before...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to agree with Sahib on this one.

All signals to your ears have to change to analogue at some point. So it will always come down to the DAC quality and the earphones quality.

Everything else is irrelevant.
I agree as well. I use a FiiO Q1 DAC and Sony MDR-7506 headphones on my devices. I also listen to FLAC or WAV files.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I just think it's kind of subjective to say the sound will sound more crisper because of the change from the 3.5 jack to usb-C or lightning. I can guarantee that the hardcore apple users will swear ,once they try those new ear pods,that it sounds so much better than any other headphones they tried. It'll be a placebo effect. That's my take on this whole removing the headphone jack

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)