WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Is that a rose gold? With the ugly *** antenna lines at the bottom?

I love how OEMs put out this pink color and call it rose gold...SMH...

Otherwise, it looks nice. Hope she likes it. I wonder if she still uses that 925 or she just owns it in a drawer and you're not allowed to touch it...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Will do mini review :) So far I like it, I missed metal on a phone so much :)

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with this one.

I honestly would have gotten one over a G5 for the audio alone. My idea was to get a HTC 10 + a 950 and just use the 950 for the camera stuffs mostly.

But it is still too expensive and nowadays, the G5 has gotten much cheaper. It doesn't mean I'll buy either one as my cash priorities are different now. Still, such a shame that both HTC 10 and G5 are better than people think, just not the outstanding models their makers thought they would be...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Is that a rose gold? With the ugly *** antenna lines at the bottom?

I love how OEMs put out this pink color and call it rose gold...SMH...

Otherwise, it looks nice. Hope she likes it. I wonder if she still uses that 925 or she just owns it in a drawer and you're not allowed to touch it...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
It's the standard gold color.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Brain fart... Does visa checkout work with W10m tap to pay? There is a deal where you can get $10 extra if you use visa checkout to reload a Starbucks card, but I'm not signing up for visa checkout for Starbucks... If it enabled tap to pay on my phone though...

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Another long week ahead. Working for free sucks. Big time...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Though not the same. My work insists when they give me instructor led training I need to sacrifice something as well so I need to go in on my off Friday.

Though for some reason this is not something asked of our American branches...

I'm not a fan of corporations.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Brain fart... Does visa checkout work with W10m tap to pay? There is a deal where you can get $10 extra if you use visa checkout to reload a Starbucks card, but I'm not signing up for visa checkout for Starbucks... If it enabled tap to pay on my phone though...

Sent from mTalk
I used my other device to get the extra $10. You don't need tap to pay, the app generates a bar code that the cashier will scan. My Rewards aren't showing up correctly though, regardless of app platform.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So some advice for anyone looking for work or thinking of changing companies in the near future.

You should always ask about employee appraisals and how they work.

Reason I say this is because the way my work does theirs makes it very unattractive, for a person like me anyway. I'd leave this company tomorrow if I could... I hate being trapped! :/

Anyway, if a company you're interviewing at uses a 'totem pole' appraisal system, think very carefully whether you want to be a part of that company or not. What this system technically is, is an appraisal on who you know and what people know about you, rather than your actual work. To put it bluntly, this is putting the 'it's not what you know but who you know' into your everyday work.

For my company here, this means I'm suppose to be some person highly involved in all the doings in the company if I ever hope to get a 'decent' raise, they have a lot of company groups to join and also we have a company social network which I'm suppose to participate in. I'm supposed to do all this and my work at the same time along with doing their crap online training...

Needless to say, I'm not impressed. Some people like this kind of thing. I'm not really one of them. I'd rather be assessed on my work, not on my social ability, which is their way of assessing how 'committed' I am to the company. Which I'm not... I'm not good at faking it. :p

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Though not the same. My work insists when they give me instructor led training I need to sacrifice something as well so I need to go in on my off Friday.

Though for some reason this is not something asked of our American branches...

I'm not a fan of corporations.

Only America you'd pay for the opportunity to work for free...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So you may have heard about this thing called 'Brexit' over here in the UK. Not sure how much coverage you got of this but we tend to get a lot of US news, more than we get of EU news interestingly...

Anyway, one of the issues that was high in the eyes of those wanting to leave the EU was immigration. With the refugee crisis and other issues related to being part of the EU, this has become a sore spot for a lot of 'British' people. In a way I can understand the issues with wanting to control migration to a point, it's a rather small island with limited resources so any large influx of population can cause real issues. So it's not without it's merits, however the immigration issue has reared a rather ugly head in the process.

That of course is the underlying racism of the UK white population. I will put this simply. I'm not saying all British born white UK people are racist but there sure seems to be a lot them. It's in many forms of course and has been for some time. However it's gotten very blatant now.

There seems to be some justification to be able to tell anyone who has a European accent to 'go home', 'get out of our country' or 'we voted out so you need to leave'. Even worse is those with different coloured skin being told the same, even though they've lived their whole lives in the UK and may be TV personalities, recording artists or Olympic athletes. This is out in public, on public transport, on the street. Can you imagine being yelled at by someone just for being different? What year are we in again???

Though neither my wife or myself has had any issues, yet, I know that sounds weird but in this climate anything is possible. The area we live in is one of the areas that had one of the highest votes to leave based on immigration. We do know someone that was verbally abused for being from the Ukraine on a college campus while talking to her friends. That's pretty sad and just goes to show you age isn't the issue here either. There was lots of talk of the elderly being the bigger issue here wanting their country back to how it was and possibly being the more racist.

The reason I'm saying this is that the same crop of people who voted for leaving the EU is pretty much the same crop voting for Trump. The same mentality and being told the same lies. Of course Trump is probably more dangerous than the clowns we had here, all of whom seemed to have vanished from the spotlight. The scary part here is that where we have had lots of verbal abuse and yes some violence, including possible racist murder of a polish person, I can see the US being a lot worse if Trump gets in. The feeling of justification the racists would have there would make anything here in the UK look tame in comparison. That's a scary thought.

Anyway, just passing this on. It's a weird time to be in this country.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb