WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I was rummaging through some old pictures. Here's one of Vanuatu I really like. For those who don't know I got engaged there in 2006.

IMG_2483-01.jpeg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I read this and fell out of my chair....pfffft....Sony is done, this device is DOA.
I mean the carriers are busy giving away the iPhone 7 32GB for free essentially so why would anyone want to pony up $700+tax is a bit beyond me.

Sony?s new flagship Xperia XZ is coming to the US for $700 in October - The Verge

Some people are slow to change and will only make changes unless they absolutely have to. No one knows who Sony has trying to read the market for them, but it seems Stevie Wonder doing that job would be an improvement as whomever they currently got both has no clue and cannot see the trends these days...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I read this and fell out of my chair....pfffft....Sony is done, this device is DOA.
I mean the carriers are busy giving away the iPhone 7 32GB for free essentially so why would anyone want to pony up $700+tax is a bit beyond me.

Sony?s new flagship Xperia XZ is coming to the US for $700 in October - The Verge

You fell off your chair that this? Very surprising. Sony is doing what it's always done... over price it's stuff so no one buys it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This one looks the best. Othera were too dim or something?

It's by design, honestly. The focus of the watch is supposedly to be used for outdoors, but the reviews have said that (in typical Moto fashion) based on what's available to the software, the watch is good for running only. You cannot really swim with it, it does track biking/cycling really well. So the screen is not as nice as even the 360 2014 in terms of sharpness, but is easily more visible in all types of light.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Overall:

1) I like the Honor 8. I prefer the Mi 5's screen. It's a bit more saturated LCD screen but sees nicely in sunlight. I think if I wanted to be cheap and camera was my focus solely, I'd get this.

2) The new iPhones are... interesting. I like the feel in hand on both. That jet black is akin to the old 3G(S) black...scratch city. The matte black is nice. If I had a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones, and was upgrading from a iPhone 5 and down, I'd get this. Any SE or 6 series users should skip this and wait for next year's. It feels zippy and more compact in hand - both models.

3) V10 feels smaller in hand than I remember. Makes me really want to see the V20.

4) The G5 gives me mixed feelings still. I'd still pick this over a Honor 8 at the same price easily, but man...LG missed. I still love the camera, but the screen's too dim for my tastes. The modular thing doesn't matter to me, but I'd get it in either silver or gold. I'd love a smaller G6 with a better twin camera setup.

5) I like the Axon 7. In gold it looks sweet but the silver looks pretty good too. It's smaller than I thought in hand (I've got big hands)...I wish the camera was better though...

6) The 6P looks smaller than I remember. If I could get a 64GB for about $300, I'd do it instantly...size and all.

7) I still really like the HTC 10. It feels good in hand and I like the screen a bit more than the Mi 5. I know that's a 1080P vs 2K display, but audio wise, it'll do the trick for me. At $400, I'd get this over the other $400 phones...and maybe even the G5 at the same price.

So in comparison to the Mi 5...if I could put LG's main camera, the true radio support for T-Mobile, and the HTC 10's audio in the Mi 5's size, I'd be set.

The Mi 5 is a very capable offering. I do like what Xiaomi is doing here. I'd easily see myself with two SIMs and using their dual app set up. I'm still not sure if I'll keep the Mi 5, but it just reminds me that HTC and Sony need to fix their pricing as the Chinese have really come to play.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Long version, you are again window shopping for a new device. May I suggest a Sony Xperia XZ?

It looks like the only thing that is truly all rounder for me...is a V20. But I want to see it in person. I know the price and size and the cons for me up front. But, I would go back to a size up for the right device (6P, V20, 950 XL).

Looks like 2016 is the year to grab something before more phones come without the headphone jack next year...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here you go, Laura...
3cbff47a90262db853300082f171a7e5.jpg
e11c3b53b677d49fd521effc0b8ea33a.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It looks like the only thing that is truly all rounder for me...is a V20. But I want to see it in person. I know the price and size and the cons for me up front. But, I would go back to a size up for the right device (6P, V20, 950 XL).

Looks like 2016 is the year to grab something before more phones come without the headphone jack next year...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
The V20 isn't out yet. Do you mean the V10? I've played with the V10, and it's really nice, especially the camera with the manual controls. However, it's bigger than the devices you seem to favour.

I'd expect the V10 to go on sale when the V20 finally gets released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte