WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The V20 isn't out yet. Do you mean the V10? I've played with the V10, and it's really nice, especially the camera with the manual controls. However, it's bigger than the devices you seem to favour.

I'd expect the V10 to go on sale when the V20 finally gets released.

I speak of the same V20. Been looking through a lot of reviews of pre release units, and I like what I see so far. The V10 was a bigger, better G4.

I prefer these days for a smaller device. But since Google killed off support for the S801 chip, my Z3 Tablet compact won't see 7.0. may have to go a size up in order to get better organized and not lug around too many devices. I'm still figuring things out though...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The funniest part of my window shopping excursion was walking into the Verizon wireless store and seeing lit littered with Droid Turbos on the showroom floor. I'm thinking, "look at these lying *** mother****ers...showing a phone they have about as much interest in updating it to 6.0.1 as Sahib does about getting over his hiccups to ask that girl out..."

I saw a ton of Droid Turbo and Droid Turbo 2s. It's just a reason why I don't like carrier exclusives...when they don't sell, if the OEM makes a carrier free version it really holds them back on updates as they don't want to **** off their carrier partners who paid some nice $$$ for the contract...

...SMH...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The funniest part of my window shopping excursion was walking into the Verizon wireless store and seeing lit littered with Droid Turbos on the showroom floor. I'm thinking, "look at these lying *** mother****ers...showing a phone they have about as much interest in updating it to 6.0.1 as Sahib does about getting over his hiccups to ask that girl out..."

I saw a ton of Droid Turbo and Droid Turbo 2s. It's just a reason why I don't like carrier exclusives...when they don't sell, if the OEM makes a carrier free version it really holds them back on updates as they don't want to **** off their carrier partners who paid some nice $$$ for the contract...

...SMH...

If you asked me last year what phone I was secretly lusting at in the closet...it was the X Force, the international version of the Droid Turbo 2. That phone is now in the dust bin. It's kinda why I soured on Moto. Even though I may end up using my Maxx temporarily, it's just a shame to see what they've done...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I never really paid any attention to my mother's laptop. I don't know where she got it from (I think she bought it online through Amazon) I knew it had Windows 7 on it and it was a DELL.

Well today she asked me to take a look at it, as she was having some issues with it. HOLY laptop this thing is a beast! It's a DELL XPS 15 L502X Gaming laptop!

Specs:

i7-2670QM
8 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT540M

The bummer: 1366x768 res

Despite the mediocre screen, this thing screams with Windows 10. Yeah, I spent a few hours getting her updated and making sure all of her Mahjong games were working.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I never really paid any attention to my mother's laptop. I don't know where she got it from (I think she bought it online through Amazon) I knew it had Windows 7 on it and it was a DELL.

Well today she asked me to take a look at it, as she was having some issues with it. HOLY laptop this thing is a beast! It's a DELL XPS 15 L502X Gaming laptop!

Specs:

i7-2670QM
8 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT540M

The bummer: 1366x768 res

Despite the mediocre screen, this thing screams with Windows 10. Yeah, I spent a few hours getting her updated and making sure all of her Mahjong games were working.

That's where they get you with the laptops...the good ones have good to great screens...and that's what you pay the extra $$$ for every time...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

LOL, that was my first windows phone. Still have it. I remember how exciting it was to update it to Mango.

It's a very good phone for its time. Probably the most memorable Windows phone made by Samsung - even though i personally liked the Focus S a whole lot.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still waffling as to whether or not I'll keep the Mi 5. I really like it, but being in an area where it's a dead zone is killing me at times. We'll see what happens...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay, so I had the weirdest "like" on Instagram a few minutes ago. An adult toy delivery service account in the Seattle area liked my post of the Space Needle. I died laughing when I read the account bio!

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I've got free 10 days. Don't know what I'm going to do with all that free time.

I'll probably ride my bike till I get dead tired. I always wanted to get to Zenica (~50km from my town) by bike, we'll see.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

10 o'clock still haven't had breakfast. I actually got up just minutes ago. With my hand injured, I'm afraid I'll get super lazy these next few days.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Rode to a town about 30 km away from my city after I finished 10th grade with my buddy. Oh the memories...Good luck Rose640.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Overall:

1) I like the Honor 8. I prefer the Mi 5's screen. It's a bit more saturated LCD screen but sees nicely in sunlight. I think if I wanted to be cheap and camera was my focus solely, I'd get this.

2) The new iPhones are... interesting. I like the feel in hand on both. That jet black is akin to the old 3G(S) black...scratch city. The matte black is nice. If I had a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones, and was upgrading from a iPhone 5 and down, I'd get this. Any SE or 6 series users should skip this and wait for next year's. It feels zippy and more compact in hand - both models.

3) V10 feels smaller in hand than I remember. Makes me really want to see the V20.

4) The G5 gives me mixed feelings still. I'd still pick this over a Honor 8 at the same price easily, but man...LG missed. I still love the camera, but the screen's too dim for my tastes. The modular thing doesn't matter to me, but I'd get it in either silver or gold. I'd love a smaller G6 with a better twin camera setup.

5) I like the Axon 7. In gold it looks sweet but the silver looks pretty good too. It's smaller than I thought in hand (I've got big hands)...I wish the camera was better though...

6) The 6P looks smaller than I remember. If I could get a 64GB for about $300, I'd do it instantly...size and all.

7) I still really like the HTC 10. It feels good in hand and I like the screen a bit more than the Mi 5. I know that's a 1080P vs 2K display, but audio wise, it'll do the trick for me. At $400, I'd get this over the other $400 phones...and maybe even the G5 at the same price.

So in comparison to the Mi 5...if I could put LG's main camera, the true radio support for T-Mobile, and the HTC 10's audio in the Mi 5's size, I'd be set.

The Mi 5 is a very capable offering. I do like what Xiaomi is doing here. I'd easily see myself with two SIMs and using their dual app set up. I'm still not sure if I'll keep the Mi 5, but it just reminds me that HTC and Sony need to fix their pricing as the Chinese have really come to play.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Oh, I saw the Sony XA and XA Ultra. The XA Ultra like nice. I can see why this might sell in some markets. The XA looks like a cheap plastic mess. Did not like the feel in hand at all, and had a good laugh at that price.

Oh Sony, still have no clue, I see...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb