WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What a long post Rue, I can't quote it on my phone :D

Reading your post I've realised Australia is nothing like I thought it would be, lol. I mean, I expected it to be expensive, and I understand there's no "history", but I guess some nice landscapes would make up for it?

The part that dissapointed me was the immigrations, I've never realised it was that difficult to get in.

I still have a lot of time to make my moves. The real decision making awaits me after my college.

Don't get me wrong, Australia is a beautiful and ancient land. It's got some of the most amazing beaches you can visit. I could easily flood this thread with pictures. Trust me, Bondi beach is nothing compared to where I've been.

It's got some very distinctive landmarks, diverse and dangerous wildlife, and a range of weather, you can go snow skiing in Australia if you want. However, the culture is interesting. It sometimes felt a touch 'American' and almost 'cultish'. They like to drink, a lot. If you like BBQs and beer you're half way there. Depending on who you hang out with your conversations will range from cars and sport (Aussies LOVE sport) to how many houses you own. The class difference in Aussies is based on income. Lower income earners tend to talk a lot about sport, their cars and when they got drunk last. Not much else really.

I would never recommend anyone to immigrate to a country they've never visited so I'd recommend doing the working tourist visa for the year and see what you think. If you decide that's something you'd like to try out, do some research on companies to work for and see if they'd be interested in hiring you. You can work six months at a company then you need to switch. Other than that you can try the roaming around Australia doing odd job thing but that's sort of disconcerting in my opinion.

Once you have some insight you can then decide if you want to return/stay or not. I'm sure you'd enjoy the experience but it's always best to remember it's a lot different living somewhere than visiting it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh and marrying for visa, nah, I'd never do that. I find it kind of silly to be honest, maybe even hilarious.

I didn't mean to go out of your way to find someone to marry I was meaning if you happen to.

The two easiest ways to get a visa in ANY country is to marry or get a job. The US is by far the hardest with either of these two methods but not impossible.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Don't get me wrong, Australia is a beautiful and ancient land. It's got some of the most amazing beaches you can visit. I could easily flood this thread with pictures. Trust me, Bondi beach is nothing compared to where I've been.

It's got some very distinctive landmarks, diverse and dangerous wildlife, and a range of weather, you can go snow skiing in Australia if you want. However, the culture is interesting. It sometimes felt a touch 'American' and almost 'cultish'. They like to drink, a lot. If you like BBQs and beer you're half way there. Depending on who you hang out with your conversations will range from cars and sport (Aussies LOVE sport) to how many houses you own. The class difference in Aussies is based on income. Lower income earners tend to talk a lot about sport, their cars and when they got drunk last. Not much else really.

I would never recommend anyone to immigrate to a country they've never visited so I'd recommend doing the working tourist visa for the year and see what you think. If you decide that's something you'd like to try out, do some research on companies to work for and see if they'd be interested in hiring you. You can work six months at a company then you need to switch. Other than that you can try the roaming around Australia doing odd job thing but that's sort of disconcerting in my opinion.

Once you have some insight you can then decide if you want to return/stay or not. I'm sure you'd enjoy the experience but it's always best to remember it's a lot different living somewhere than visiting it.

BBQs and beer? Then yes, I'm halfway there :D. I like what I'm reading, I'll really have to do some research and definetelly check those link you left me.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I didn't mean to go out of your way to find someone to marry I was meaning if you happen to.

The two easiest ways to get a visa in ANY country is to marry or get a job. The US is by far the hardest with either of these two methods but not impossible.

I get it 😂. I have no plans in getting married in a long, long time. Gotta experience life first.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

BBQs and beer? Then yes, I'm halfway there :D. I like what I'm reading, I'll really have to do some research and definetelly check those link you left me.

What do you plan to take in college? I still know a few people in Australia.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Don't forget sport and specifically, Cricket, Rugby and Aussie Rules Footy. When 'Footy' season is on it feels like half the news is about it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

What do you plan to take in college? I still know a few people in Australia.

I believe I already talked about this. It's same as Driver's. It's not electrical engeeniring, even though that's what Google Translate says. Here you go, you'll get the picture, it's about graphic design, programming etc.

Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Sarajevo: ENGLISH

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Don't forget sport and specifically, Cricket, Rugby and Aussie Rules Footy. When 'Footy' season is on it feels like half the news is about it.

They also have a nice football national team, I'd be fine with that. I haven't really payed attention to Australian football, I don't know if I'd even like it :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They also have a nice football national team, I'd be fine with that. I haven't really payed attention to Australian football, I don't know if I'd even like it :D

Anything Australian is touted as fantastic on TV... it's very much like the US in that regard. Soccer (football) is barely mentioned unless it's the only sport being played or something significant has happened.

You can find videos of Aussie Rules Footy on YouTube if you're at all interested. It's a fairly basic game, rather fast paced, lots of kicking a ball in the air. Rugby (often referred to as 'Footy' just to confuse people) is pretty much the national sport though along with Cricket in the off season.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I believe I already talked about this. It's same as Driver's. It's not electrical engeeniring, even though that's what Google Translate says. Here you go, you'll get the picture, it's about graphic design, programming etc.

Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Sarajevo: ENGLISH

The English website hasn't been updated for some time. LOL!

Which program are you doing? It would seem it's not really an engineering degree as such but I could be wrong.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Anything Australian is touted as fantastic on TV... it's very much like the US in that regard. Soccer (football) is barely mentioned unless it's the only sport being played or something significant has happened.

You can find videos of Aussie Rules Footy on YouTube if you're at all interested. It's a fairly basic game, rather fast paced, lots of kicking a ball in the air. Rugby (often referred to as 'Footy' just to confuse people) is pretty much the national sport though along with Cricket in the off season.

They have live coverages on our sports TV channels, I've tried to watch it a few times, but meh, same goes for American football. Just a matter of tastes I guess.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Which program are you doing? It would seem it's not really an engineering degree as such but I could be wrong.

2005, pff, nice web masters they have there. The English page lacks alot, I've just seen that, I thought the content's the same.
As far as I know, it's just CAD, CAM, and probably C languages and Java, but I'm not sure about the last two. There's alot about OSs and databases.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

2005, pff, nice web masters they have there. The English page lacks alot, I've just seen that, I thought the content's the same.
As far as I know, it's just CAD, CAM, and probably C languages and Java, but I'm not sure about the last two. There's alot about OSs and databases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte