WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Some monkey business in Prisma.
129ab09b356810d5af54d88f5518941b.jpg

7dd7feef8eb3e891009e4d05becdc3f8.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Mini-review...

So I've been using the Moto 360 Sport for over a week. I liked all the Android wear watches I've used so far (LG G Watch, LG G Watch R, Sony Smartwatch 3, Moto 360, Moto 360 Sport). I picked up the Sport because I was concerned about the wear and tear of my 360 as it developed some cracks in the back from an accidental drop during a watchband swap. So I wanted something round, cheap and relatively durable. Based on what I was willing to spend, based on the deal I was getting, I reviewed the 360 42mm and the Sport.

Now having used the Sport, I really liked the screen. It is a much improved version of what I was using on the Sony Smartwatch 3. It has similar viewing angles outdoors and is much better color reproduction indoors than the Sony. While the 360 indoors is nicer to look at in my eyes, the Sport's slightly colder looking screen is something I like. The overall performance hasn't been different from what I got with S400 chips in the LG watches. The battery life has been pretty much as expected so far...the slightly smaller battery than the 360 leads to similar style performance of a day and a half between charges. I could get two days per charge, but since I'm doing much more walking and the HR monitor kicks in more frequently, that won't happen.

I think my biggest gripe with this watch is the quality of the silicone used in the design. Now, don't get me wrong - the silicone is comfortable - but there are some serious durability questions. It is a lint magnet - the white might be the best at hiding those. The reason why I question the durability is that I've been reading stuff online about the bootloops as the spots where breaks in the band is most likely to occur. If I don't focus on what the online folks have said, I can see where the band doesn't feel like it will hold up. If I compare it to the Sony Smartband, the Sony's color reproduction is better, and the material feels more durable. Moto's work here looks a little toyish and cheaper in terms of the shade of orange they chose. Even though the Sony Smartwatch has a similar sort of lint issue, that band still feels more durable than the Sport. My guess is that since Sony designed both to have removable cores, the durability is much higher. And Moto didn't do folks no favors making the band non-removable.

All in all, I've got mixed feelings about the watch. I love the screen, love the performance. And for the price I paid for the watch, I'm fine with the durability concerns. But to pay the full asking price for this watch, I wouldn't do. I'd be more inclined to buy the 360 42mm version and sacrifice a more versatile screen for better durability.

I still plan to keep it though.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

While not the best pictures, this is my current set up.

Attachments

• 208159.jpg
    208159.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 9

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Spent 45 minutes with Apple support to get contacts from Google synced today and that too after it got escalated twice and I refused to factory reset the phone, what a pain. And here we thought Microsoft and Google don't get along well

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Mini-review...

So I've been using the Moto 360 Sport for over a week. I liked all the Android wear watches I've used so far (LG G Watch, LG G Watch R, Sony Smartwatch 3, Moto 360, Moto 360 Sport). I picked up the Sport because I was concerned about the wear and tear of my 360 as it developed some cracks in the back from an accidental drop during a watchband swap. So I wanted something round, cheap and relatively durable. Based on what I was willing to spend, based on the deal I was getting, I reviewed the 360 42mm and the Sport.

Now having used the Sport, I really liked the screen. It is a much improved version of what I was using on the Sony Smartwatch 3. It has similar viewing angles outdoors and is much better color reproduction indoors than the Sony. While the 360 indoors is nicer to look at in my eyes, the Sport's slightly colder looking screen is something I like. The overall performance hasn't been different from what I got with S400 chips in the LG watches. The battery life has been pretty much as expected so far...the slightly smaller battery than the 360 leads to similar style performance of a day and a half between charges. I could get two days per charge, but since I'm doing much more walking and the HR monitor kicks in more frequently, that won't happen.

I think my biggest gripe with this watch is the quality of the silicone used in the design. Now, don't get me wrong - the silicone is comfortable - but there are some serious durability questions. It is a lint magnet - the white might be the best at hiding those. The reason why I question the durability is that I've been reading stuff online about the bootloops as the spots where breaks in the band is most likely to occur. If I don't focus on what the online folks have said, I can see where the band doesn't feel like it will hold up. If I compare it to the Sony Smartband, the color reproduction is better, and the material feels more durable. Even though the Sony Smartwatch has a similar sort of lint issue, that band still feels more durable. My guess is that since Sony designed both to have removable cores, the durability is much higher. And Moto didn't do folks no favors making the band non-removable.

All in all, I've got mixed feelings about the watch. I love the screen, love the performance. And for the price I paid for the watch, I'm fine with the durability concerns. But to pay the full asking price for this watch, I wouldn't do. I'd be more inclined to buy the 360 42mm version and sacrifice a more versatile screen for better durability.

I still plan to keep it though.

Thanks for the excellent review! 😊👍

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Spent 45 minutes with Apple support to get contacts from Google synced today and that too after it got escalated twice and I refused to factory reset the phone, what a pain. And here we thought Microsoft and Google don't get along well
That's a little crazy.

I did the easy thing. I exported my contacts out of outlook and imported then into Gmail just to avoid issues like this.

It annoys me to no end that when it comes to smartphone there's always an issue somewhere with the competitors stuff. It's shouldn't be like this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the excellent review! 😊👍

Thanks. It's nice and can see why it was a nice deal when Moto earlier in the year was throwing this in with those X Pure Edition 64GB models for $400. $200 for this max is somewhat respectable...it's more like $150. I'd still go for the 42mm regular 360 (2015) model. If I could get the Sport's screen in the 42mm 360 body, I'd be set.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a little crazy.

I did the easy thing. I exported my contacts out of outlook and imported then into Gmail just to avoid issues like this.

It annoys me to no end that when it comes to smartphone there's always an issue somewhere with the competitors stuff. It's shouldn't be like this.

Not uncommon, sadly. It's amazing that these companies make it so hard to cross use devices smoky because they want a permanent fixture into your wallet as a consumer by having you bundle all their servces...SMH...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the GF replaced her Band 2 a few weeks back due to design issues where the strap broke in an unsightly manner. She really likes it though. Well, I guess there won't be a band 3, which sucks.

Still, she told me that if was to buy one now, she would pass in the Band 2 for a Fitbit model again. I could also see her using a Gear Fit 2 as well or even a Gear S2. Makes me believe MSFT's strategy to exit the consumer market is indeed the correct move, but it still sucks as there's a group of folks who like their products.

Apple and Google just got too big of a jump. Sad all around...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The Lumia 640 can hold it's own against the big boys in good sunlight. The previous pictures were using an iPhone 6. Here are the Lumia pictures.
1jm5nmP.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's a little crazy.

WP and Android play nice with syncing stuff. The walled garden of the fruit stand is the problem.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's a little crazy.

That's what I did when I got my first Android device.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You can't make this **** up... this is the type of right wing wet dream we're living with over here. No The Independent isn't satirical... neither is The Mirror.

Andrea Leadsom hopes young Britons will take up fruit picking jobs done by EU migrants | The Independent

Top Tory's heartless plan to put pensioners to work picking fruit - Mirror Online

This is a satire site - Young Britons looking forward to Post-Brexit fruit picking apprenticeships

Sad when satire and real life are so similar....

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

You can't make this **** up... this is the type of right wing wet dream we're living with over here. No The Independent isn't satirical... neither is The Mirror.

Andrea Leadsom hopes young Britons will take up fruit picking jobs done by EU migrants | The Independent

Top Tory's heartless plan to put pensioners to work picking fruit - Mirror Online

This is a satire site - Young Britons looking forward to Post-Brexit fruit picking apprenticeships

Sad when satire and real life are so similar....

If it'a well paid, then maybe it's nottoo bad. But just how well paid can fruit picking be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)