WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If it'a well paid, then maybe it's nottoo bad. But just how well paid can fruit picking be.

The pay is not that great to begin with. It's seasonal work secondly.

The thing is, asking pensioners to work in a field picking fruit/veg is ridiculous. Fine if they want to but it shouldn't be forced on them or required.

Second, for decades here they made a point of promoting college and university here. What they're basically saying is those who don't go to higher education should be 'expected' to do this. Should also point out that this is in no way a 'career'. Simply absurd.

Lastly, since they want to promote a proper wage, this would mean local produce would go up in price and many farmers would go out of business due to the fact they can't compete with imports, even though imports will go up anyway due to the Pound being significantly lower.

The main point behind all this though is that the Tories (the right wing parliament) probably feel that people should "know their place". It's a look down the nose at the 'working class'.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You can't make this **** up... this is the type of right wing wet dream we're living with over here. No The Independent isn't satirical... neither is The Mirror.

Andrea Leadsom hopes young Britons will take up fruit picking jobs done by EU migrants | The Independent

Top Tory's heartless plan to put pensioners to work picking fruit - Mirror Online

This is a satire site - Young Britons looking forward to Post-Brexit fruit picking apprenticeships

Sad when satire and real life are so similar....

You just cannot make this **** up, right?

And you wonder why I have such an affinity for politicians...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's what I did when I got my first Android device.
I have had all my contacts in Google for the last five plus years. Never had an issue with Android or WP. I guess one of the issues with iOS is that I don't want to use the crappy built in mail app and so I only want Contacts and Calendar to sync.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I believe we have similar feelings, especially when it comes to right wing politicians, though most politicians are the same these days. Far Right, Centre or Centre Right. Very few on the Left and even if they are they're still Centre leaning. Don't want to be too Far Left, you're just considered a nut case.

The media has done the job well for the politicians. Make money the only important thing. Make societies scared of each other. Make mindless repetitive boring TV turning everyone into a drone. Make sports more important than the 'real' issues. Voila! Bunch of mindless zombies voting for mindless drivel. God I love our world...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I believe we have similar feelings, especially when it comes to right wing politicians, though most politicians are the same these days. Far Right, Centre or Centre Right. Very few on the Left and even if they are they're still Centre leaning. Don't want to be too Far Left, you're just considered a nut case.

The media has done the job well for the politicians. Make money the only important thing. Make societies scared of each other. Make mindless repetitive boring TV turning everyone into a drone. Make sports more important than the 'real' issues. Voila! Bunch of mindless zombies voting for mindless drivel. God I love our world...

At least it ain't dull living, right? Lol.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well if what they are doing in UK is a template then I know what type of millions of jobs DT is going to create.

Fruit pickers and brick layers (to build that Wall)!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

At least it ain't dull living, right? Lol.

I think the world could use a little boredom, at least for a good century or two... so long as we progressed though...

However, going by the state of things, we'd only deteriorate and go retrograde. De-evolve... :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well if what they are doing in UK is a template then I know what type of millions of jobs DT is going to create.

Fruit pickers and brick layers (to build that Wall)!

The only way I'd work for Trump if he can teach me how to dodge paying taxes...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think the world could use a little boredom, at least for a good century or two... so long as we progressed though...

However, going by the state of things, we'd only deteriorate and go retrograde. De-evolve... :p

Well, that's the not so fun part...not much will change but will really get worse...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The only way I'd work for Trump if he can teach me how to dodge paying taxes...

Easy become a real estate developer. The trick is everyone who agrees to lay bricks to help build the wall will be called a real estate developer under the new IRS guidelines when DT is in the Oval Office ergo you get to dodge paying taxes from then onwards...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

With the declining population of some Western countries and Japan, they need people to use the bedroom more and let go of this boredom you are talking about, he, he....

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

... and thus begins the zombie apocalypse.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

With the declining population of some Western countries and Japan, they need people to use the bedroom more and let go of this boredom you are talking about, he, he....

Kids are easy to make but not as easy to raise...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Man, those Pixels are pricey!

Pricey and a bit ugly to boot.

Look wise is take the Sony XZ over it any day.

However it appears the camera is pretty decent on the Pixel.

I'm still at a loss what to get so far....

I can wait though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Kids are easy to make but not as easy to raise...

They're fun to make with the right person and a pain to raise with the wrong person...

We don't need more humans on the planet. Our footprint of too large as it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb