WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Okay so a bit of an update from me for anyone interested.

I'm looking at getting a proper dslr for my bday (its a milestone) and it's looking to be the Sony a99 ii. As a long term investment.

I'm teetering on the edge of promotion or finding a different job at work, will have to see which way it goes.

Also at work I'm part of the team working on concept designs for 2018 work. Fun fun fun but high pace and high pressure stuff.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey y'all, wish us luck over the next couple of days... Hurricane Mathew is heading straight for us and will most likely still be a category 4 (a "Major hurricane with 130+mph sustained winds")

We're all hoping it takes a right hand turn and goes back out into the Atlantic.

All the best with that. Matthew just barely missed Jamaica. I was in a Category 3 (borderline Category 4 which when it hit Mexico twice was a Category 5) so I know the scoop. Hope it turns away and you and yours are safe.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Okay so a bit of an update from me for anyone interested.

I'm looking at getting a proper dslr for my bday (its a milestone) and it's looking to be the Sony a99 ii. As a long term investment.

I'm teetering on the edge of promotion or finding a different job at work, will have to see which way it goes.

Also at work I'm part of the team working on concept designs for 2018 work. Fun fun fun but high pace and high pressure stuff.

Happy birthday! Enjoy the DSLR!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I picked up an update for Robin today. Now, Nextbit has touted some stuff at the start of the summer that they plan to really do something nice to improve the battery life come Q4 this year. So far, I've been running on the June security patch and the battery life has been awful. Standby times are solid due to 6.0.1, but man when you use it, the battery has been trash.

Now, I'm running on the September patch and the battery seems much improved. I'm doing a full charge and because I have class after my internship, I'll be able to start to see how well the phone runs on the update...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It is an awesome device. The only reason I am selling it is that if I keep it, I will keep using it! It is an impressive device regardless of price. It is the true successor to the Lumia 520.

Enjoy your 950. I'll go out on a limb and say you're not selling that 640 for $30 (if you were, I'd buy it and keep it as a spare at that price)...

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I think this clown thing is really cool, but that's just me. Don't know the reasons behind it, but cool.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It is bloody cold. Freezing. I wish I took my winter coat. Stopping for a morning coffe before school was inevitable.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Only Physics and English today. Skipping Philosophy and Latin, I need this coffe. And I won't go to Geography since I attended thr last time.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I just realised what it sounds like after reading my last post. I swear I'm an excellent studet :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think this clown thing is really cool, but that's just me. Don't know the reasons behind it, but cool.

The clown thing is copying something that was going on in the US. There's a few YouTube videos about it.

Thing is, it's not very nice. Maybe I'm just getting old or something.

Also, I hate clowns.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The clown thing is copying something that was going on in the US. There's a few YouTube videos about it.

Thing is, it's not very nice. Maybe I'm just getting old or something.

Also, I hate clowns.

It's not that I hate clowns, but I find them absolutelly creepy. That's why I like it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It seems like launcher so friends at XDA could soon have some files taken freom Pixel which will be able to port this stuff to Nexus.

It looks to be a lot more than just a launcher. From what I was reading, it looks like what will happen now is that Nexus phones will be like other Android people...having to wait a while to get featured future updates.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I picked up an update for Robin today. Now, Nextbit has touted some stuff at the start of the summer that they plan to really do something nice to improve the battery life come Q4 this year. So far, I've been running on the June security patch and the battery life has been awful. Standby times are solid due to 6.0.1, but man when you use it, the battery has been trash.

Now, I'm running on the September patch and the battery seems much improved. I'm doing a full charge and because I have class after my internship, I'll be able to start to see how well the phone runs on the update...

I never understood why the battery life was so bad as this was only pushing a 1080p screen. The G5 by comparison has a mere 120mah more in battery size (newer processor pushing a higher resolution screen). Plus, I really don't think the 808 is that inefficient. But so far so good with the new software update. It's still too early to say but it looks like they tweak the battery stuff and I'm impressed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Nothing new on my scene to discuss...just adjusting to lots of changes...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Enjoy your 950. I'll go out on a limb and say you're not selling that 640 for $30 (if you were, I'd buy it and keep it as a spare at that price)...

You are right about $30 but it's not too far off either because of all the extras!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett