WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I can only imagine at this point. I'm going to assume not much debating really happened...
Trump was much improved from the first joke that was a debate. My assessment was that how he debated tonight was the level he needed to have been at in the last debate. That way, if he had performed tonight last time, he'd have a better base to improve upon and really made this race more interesting with a stronger showing in this one. As it stood he didn't do enough to fully save his candidacy in my eyes...but he didn't put his foot in his mouth completely either in an over the top way as before.

He did have one damaging moment though where he threw his running mate under the bus. That's gonna be hard to overcome. Really hard.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now, I cannot sleep and I need to do a blitz attack post wise on the forums here to tire myself out...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the GF talked about how sad she was the Band 2 was not having a sequel. I'm glad she got a replacement last month when she did while still under warranty. It just brings to mind the sadness that happens whenever a company has a decent product and has to change strategies in mid stream. I give Apple credit in that they've built a solid model over the past 10 years with the iPhone and iPad and iPod touch. Companies such as MSFT and now Samsung and Google are trying hard to replicate that success.

Problem is, the market has changed. I think Samsung was so hard-pressed to stay ahead of Apple they may have pushed the boundary too hard on the Note 7 and engineered a fatal flaw that they won't admit to. Goggle as eschewed the dev community to become more mainstream, but I think that there are parts of Android that really required their attention think to iron out a bit more before making such a push. It's so hard to take advantage of shifting sands and staying ahead of the curve...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It is sad to see the old guard go... Research in Motion, Palm, Nokia, Motorola, Sony, HTC. Some are dead, some are the walking dead, and some have died and return as questionable imposters of their former selves.

One thing we know for sure...change is inevitable.

I think this all proves that the market it so fickle...maybe the Note 7 is the beginning of the end for Samsung. Maybe the iPhone 8 is a flop and people flee en masse who aren't hard core Apple loyalists. Maybe HTC bombs next year's model and Sony just walks away. Maybe people stop caring about Moto and Lenovo scuttles the brand.

Maybe Xiaomi get their act together and enter into the US with a seemingly (to US consumer eyes anyways) un-Apple design. Maybe Huawei makes EMUI 5 the start of that software needed to build upon the stellar hardware and gets a runaway hit. Maybe OnePlus goes even more stock and takes over the mantle of the developer's device from the Nexus line. Maybe LG knocks it out of the park for next year with both the G and V series and adds a damn good mid ranger in there too and turns a profit. Maybe ZTE comes with another hit from the Axon line.

Lots of uncertainty ahead...some of it exciting, some of it saddening...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I get the push for VR, but I think I'll pass until it really becomes compelling. For me and my current needs, it doesn't offer anything appealing. At this point I need better software support and more affordable hardware first before joining the VR bandwagon. It's a great idea, but I would see if this is really something we need at this point ?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll be very mad today if I lose this week's fantasy football matchup be under 5 points before two picks were no-shows.

Laura, I've picked Cleveland every week to start the year. While they're rewarding my faith in being more competitive than expected, they need to get a win soon to keep their sails up. I think I'd trade for the Trevor kid in Denver (maybe a 2nd or 3 rounder would do) as I don't think RG 3 is the answer.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I need to find a new barber. I'm tempted to grow out my hair until next summer but I'll need to get that by the GF somehow...maybe if I keep shaving the beard, I can pull it off...but I doubt it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The sleep hasn't kicked in fully yet, but I think I'll do a few more posts and try to make myself go to sleep. My guess is I'll get about 4 hours and then take a nap when I get home in the morning. Not looking forward to the trip back, but there's a lot to be do e this week that'll need me to be focused and level headed...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Robin isn't that bad to type on. I found that my favorite overall virtual keyboard was the Windows phone one. I liked the BlackBerry key board and may reinstall it to see. Still, I miss the BlackBerry physical keyboards. Those were so much fun to type long emails and blog style entries on. It almost makes me want to buy a Priv (but I won't)...

Although that piezoelectric keyboard on the Storm 9550 was my favorite non physical keyboard of all time. I used to fly on that thing like nobody's business...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of old phones, I was lusting after a Nokia E71 and a N86 8MP and a N8 over the weekend. I so loved the E71. I had the E63 which was the youthful version of the E71 and really liked that. But when I stepped up to a E71 in 2009/2010, I loved it. My ex at the time had the E71 stolen from her hotel room in Mexico when she went there for 2 weeks on a school field trip. I was very saddened by that. The next of that metal build. The very good keyboard. The GPS that ran Google maps really well. The camera sucked, but hey, the phone was all business.

Good times indeed...I wonder if I should get one for old times sake...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes the classics are where it's at. I'm glad on the one hand that phone technology has advanced in the way that it has. On the other hand, some days you just want to go old school with a Sansa Fuze + a E71/ Storm 9550 through some rough and tumble situations and be more productive in other ways.

I'm not sure if all this technology has made us better overall. Maybe more advance and more convenient in some ways? Sure. Better overall? The jury is still out on that one...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of old phones, I was lusting after a Nokia E71 and a N86 8MP and a N8 over the weekend. I so loved the E71. I had the E63 which was the youthful version of the E71 and really liked that. But when I stepped up to a E71 in 2009/2010, I loved it. My ex at the time had the E71 stolen from her hotel room in Mexico when she went there for 2 weeks on a school field trip. I was very saddened by that. The next of that metal build. The very good keyboard. The GPS that ran Google maps really well. The camera sucked, but hey, the phone was all business.

I had the E63 in red. I then moved to the N8.

I'm still curious to see what Nokia brings out in the way of phones and if it will be available anywhere.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had the E63 in red. I then moved to the N8.

I'm still curious to see what Nokia brings out in the way of phones and if it will be available anywhere.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm, somehow a double post has happened. Something seems a bit screwy with the forums at the moment.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No recycled both. Sorry.

I still have my L920 and my wife has her L820 but that's it. Sometime in the near future I'll have a Z3 available. :p
Did you finally decide on what the Z3's replacement will be?

And how's the wife getting on with her Z5 compact?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb