WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Italian, French and Spanish all derive from Latin. They share similar grammar and words.

English is a mix of Latin and Germanic along with some other bits thrown in for confusion. Which is why English is messy.

Most Eastern EU countries are a mix of Germanic, Slavic, Russian and Urlaic languages.

Well Russian is Slavic, so saying there's Rusian in other Slavic languages is kind of wrong, sice our words are fairly similar.

And yes, there's so many German words we use, some of them literally irreplacable. We also have tons of Turkish, and a snakk amount of Arabic words, consenquence of being a slave for 509 years :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Unlike the US, most other English speaking countries don't have Thanksgiving so once Halloween is done it's all in on Xmas.

A lot of the decorations for Xmas is already out prior to Halloween but the whole thing finally kicks off in earnest once it's done. The endless TV commercials, music, movies all start up. The next month and half will be very tiring.

Interesting. They don't do it until at least two weeks before the xmas and a New Year.

The only thing that truly drives me crazy is endless amount of calendars we get as a gift here.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

When you're stuck working in a place for several hours and hear nothing but repeat xmas songs you start to dislike the stuff. Remembering of course that the music starts showing up in November and if you're working quite a bit then you hear the same songs over and over again. Add in several years of that.

Occasional song is fine, but I can't handle being in shops around xmas.
I already hate my music where i work. It's bothersome:/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss