WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

For anyone who may be interested as I recommend this documentary, which is free to view on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/90CkXVF-Q8M

I'm not huge fan of DiCaprio but he does well with this. I learned a few things I didn't know and probably my only criticism to the whole thing was his gushing over his pope visit. Though I know that even some of the most corrupt people can do good, I have a lot of dislike of the Catholic church and everything it stands for...

The best part of the documentary is when he meets up with the NASA climate scientist, that truly was amazing and eye opening.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just because I'm posting a bit here. I've been going out of my way to find new music to listen to. Part of the way I've done so is listening to a new radio station. It's called Radio X if anyone is interested. You can find it on TuneIn Radio and they have their own app for iPhone and Android. The station itself is mostly rock but plays a bit of a variety of stuff, Depeche mode, Gorillaz, Faithless, and some others to give you an idea of the 'different' stuff but I like than anyway. In any case they play a lot of newer music as well so I've been finding out about some new bands.

Newer bands I like in no particular order:

The 1975
Two Door Cinema Club
Bastille
Royal Blood

I've rediscovered:

Placebo
The Hives
Massive Attack
Fatboy Slim
Beck
The Killers

I'm liking the new:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Older bands I didn't know but like:

Faithless

New bands around at the moment that I'm not overly fussed with but people seem to like is:

Catfish and the bottlemen
Biffy Clyro

Anyway, this should give you an idea of how eclectic my tastes can be.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

For anyone who may be interested as I recommend this documentary, which is free to view on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/90CkXVF-Q8M

I'm not huge fan of DiCaprio but he does well with this. I learned a few things I didn't know and probably my only criticism to the whole thing was his gushing over his pope visit. Though I know that even some of the most corrupt people can do good, I have a lot of dislike of the Catholic church and everything it stands for...

The best part of the documentary is when he meets up with the NASA climate scientist, that truly was amazing and eye opening.

I missed it on Nat Geo few nights ago, I'll definitely check it out.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Quick update folks : MSFTisMIA is fine - just busy, that's all. I exchanged a couple of messages with him on Hangouts.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My small mini review of the Lumia 950 with a Green Mozo Cover with a clear TPU case and tempered glass screen protector.

I have been using the 950 now for a little over 1 week. Switched over to it from my 640. Here are my thoughts:
1. Audio output is stellar on headphones, I use Sennheiser wired headphones. Side by side comparison with the LeEco S3 which supposedly puts out FLAC output shows it is better. Same song, same headphone, same audio output setting.

2. Camera is just superb, low light, bright light, portrait, you name it. In fact there are a few pictures where my Canon Rebel T1i is showing its age and the Lumia 950 edges it out in a head to head comparison.

3. Performance is fluid, no hangups on the latest production firmware/software. The phone just flies through everything that I throw at it.

4. The screen is actually awesome, took me about 4 days of using it side by side with the LeEco S3 (got it launch day) to come to that conclusion. I am in love with this AMOLED screen, I didn't think that was going to happen after using the 640 for 14 months straight, one of the best LCD screens from last year. Don't take my word for it, look it up on Anandtech. This screen is stellar. I usually run it one setting below the Suggested one and doesn't seem to bother me at the darker setting.

5. Battery life is actually quite decent, still not as good as my Lumia 640 on WP8.1.1 but not bad by any stretch of the imagination. The LeEco S3 just crushes it in battery life though. 42% battery left on the S3 after 3.5 hours of SOT, that is stellar battery life for the LeEco but I get through full day without any issues on the 950 though so that is good enough and the fast charging is great as well.

6. I am happy with all the apps that I have on it. I use mTalk, Starbucks, Twitter, WhatsApp, Spotify, Shazam and Instagram most as 3rd party apps. Stock apps work just fine which I thoroughly enjoy.

7. The Green and Black Walnut Mozo covers make it stand out in a sea of standard phones. I keep getting asked about what device I have constantly. A cheap 99c clear case from China keeps the phone covers from getting beat up but shows it off in its full glory.

8. Oh, how I missed wireless charging. In hindsight, I think that probably was my biggest gripe with the 640.

That is all I can think of right now. If I find some other things to add here, I will post a follow up to this review.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
How much my Lumia 535 Antenna & Charger slot(maybe chip) repair cost from MS Care INDIA ???(ANY IDEA)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs