WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What the **** is wrong with Americans???

I know there are issues but this is not going to be pretty... :/

There were jokes here about WWIII happening due to Brexit, we are now one step closer to that reality....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

There were jokes here about WWIII happening due to Brexit, we are now one step closer to that reality....
I think it's going to be one hell of a ride. I expect rampant racism everywhere. Color of my skin isn't going to help, and the fact that in last 21 years I've paid more taxes than the guy going to be the next President of USA has is just the icing on the cake.
Good night everyone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think it's going to be one hell of a ride. I expect rampant racism everywhere. Color of my skin isn't going to help, and the fact that in last 21 years I've paid more taxes than the guy going to be the next President of USA has is just the icing on the cake.
Good night everyone.

Brexit brought an increase in racial abuse and hatred. I can only imagine what it's going to be like there. We don't really have guns here...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Over and out, it's going to be bumpy ride...
cfbbfebe96e2dd69faffea14bdd1c3dd.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I always thought Hilary was one for the war?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to the third world countries gang America :D.

I know it's not funny, but I'm just used to stuff like this, nationalists have ruled Balkan since the dawn of time, they still are.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know it's not funny, but I'm just used to stuff like this, nationalists have ruled Balkan since the dawn of time, they still are.

UK is the same as well. Heavy nationalism here.

I'm not fond of populism and nationalism. Scary things. America has always been subject to that kind of thinking but usually there's balance. Seems the balance is out of wack.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I do understand a lot of the thinking of these people (aside from the racists things).

They had good blue collar jobs. Had a decent life. Then 'boom!' globalisation happens and all the jobs disappear.

I get it. I understand it, but going backwards and voting populist and nationalist and protectionist isn't going to change anything. These people are just mouth pieces.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm not fond of populism and nationalism. Scary things. America has always been subject to that kind of thinking but usually there's balance. Seems the balance is out of wack.

I'm sort of OK with patriotism, as long as it's just loving and respecting your country, not more.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm sort of OK with patriotism, as long as it's just loving and respecting your country, not more.

Please excuse me while I become a bit philosophical and trash idealism.

Patriotism is very much like religion. It's based on an idea of belonging to something. This ideology is part of the problem with society.

To put things into perspective. We're all human. We all come from Africa. We all have the same needs in life. In general, we're very much the same regardless of location, skin colour or culture.

We don't own anything, really. Ownership is really about possession. Possession comes from the antiquated part of our brain. It's attachment to things and our belief that it's important to us and the feelings associated to them.

These things are very much a part of our 'animal' heritage. It's the reason why we still have a patriarchal society. Why religion still reigns and why we still 'look up' to our so called 'betters'. These are all antiquated but tied to our genetic history and are still very much part of us.

As humans we've done everything possible to make divisions. We like this because it adapts well with our genetic history of being 'tribes' or 'groups'. We naturally form into them and we celebrate them and wear them like badges of honour. Whether it's being par of a culture, a religion, a nation, it all amounts to that underlining idea of being 'a part of something'.

It's not really a healthy state of being but it's one we have trouble escaping because it feels natural. We have old tied up feelings about things. Fear of the other. Fear of things being taken from us. Fear of... so on and so forth. These are all part of being in a 'tribe' mentality. A nation or country is nothing but a large tribe. Patriotism is nothing but belief in your tribe being special more than someone else's tribe.

It's arguable if one country is really better than another. Sure there are things about that country you may not like but from a societal perspective, most of the average people there really want nothing more than what you want.

We should be thinking globally and with a global mindset but two events so far this year has proven as humans we can't really deal with it. The UK referendum and now Trump being president. Two events that prove we're going into contraction and back to nationalistic thinking. We are retreating from being a global community. From a 'social media' perspective there will always be the whole world but there's a lot of people thinking now that they should care more about themselves and what's dear to them rather than what's best for everyone. This is the wrong direction but it was bound to happen.

Anyway, that's my point of view. Some may disagree.

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I, for one, wholeheartedly agree with you. Hopefully, when society begins another attempt at global unity, people will be more accepting of one another.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Please excuse me while I become a bit philosophical and trash idealism.

Patriotism is very much like religion. It's based on an idea of belonging to something. This ideology is part of the problem with society.

To put things into perspective. We're all human. We all come from Africa. We all have the same needs in life. In general, we're very much the same regardless of location, skin colour or culture.

We don't own anything, really. Ownership is really about possession. Possession comes from the antiquated part of our brain. It's attachment to things and our belief that it's important to us and the feelings associated to them.

These things are very much a part of our 'animal' heritage. It's the reason why we still have a patriarchal society. Why religion still reigns and why we still 'look up' to our so called 'betters'. These are all antiquated but tied to our genetic history and are still very much part of us.

As humans we've done everything possible to make divisions. We like this because it adapts well with our genetic history of being 'tribes' or 'groups'. We naturally form into them and we celebrate them and wear them like badges of honour. Whether it's being par of a culture, a religion, a nation, it all amounts to that underlining idea of being 'a part of something'.

It's not really a healthy state of being but it's one we have trouble escaping because it feels natural. We have old tied up feelings about things. Fear of the other. Fear of things being taken from us. Fear of... so on and so forth. These are all part of being in a 'tribe' mentality. A nation or country is nothing but a large tribe. Patriotism is nothing but belief in your tribe being special more than someone else's tribe.

It's arguable if one country is really better than another. Sure there are things about that country you may not like but from a societal perspective, most of the average people there really want nothing more than what you want.

We should be thinking globally and with a global mindset but two events so far this year has proven as humans we can't really deal with it. The UK referendum and now Trump being president. Two events that prove we're going into contraction and back to nationalistic thinking. We are retreating from being a global community. From a 'social media' perspective there will always be the whole world but there's a lot of people thinking now that they should care more about themselves and what's dear to them rather than what's best for everyone. This is the wrong direction but it was bound to happen.

Anyway, that's my point of view. Some may disagree.
Do you listen to the StarTalk podcast? Neil deGrasse Tyson gave an excellent scientific explanation for tribalism in one of his podcasts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Do you listen to the StarTalk podcast? Neil deGrasse Tyson gave an excellent scientific explanation for tribalism in one of his podcasts.

No but I've read a few books on it. I should listen to more podcasts though. Just too lazy lately.

There's also some excellent videos by Dr Andy Thomsom that deals with this kind of thing and the history of our tribal/religious thinking.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well im just shocked that this happened:/ who knew he would be next president

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Worse thing is America could go back to bush era .... Maybe? I'm trying to be positive and even in not sure if that's a positive

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Now we have to hear trump talk for the next 4 years

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa