WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

^You'll have to excuse all of the typos. :)

And if anyone is interested in a good read about Jungian psychology and the shadow, check out a book called Romancing the Shadow. Great read.
Romancing the Shadow: A Guide to Soul Work for a Vital, Authentic Life by Connie Zweig ? Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Sent from mTalk

I already have Tool for that !

Steppenwolf is all about shadow too. By far the best book I've ever read.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The whole thing with the middle East is a bit of a mess but the USA has always had issues there.

It's not just Clinton's thing either. The republicans, probably most have some connection to arms companies. The USA is a messy messy country.

Ah, I get it. But what I can not get is why didn't anyone vote for Gary? That guy's just great. He gives zero **** about the conflicts in Middle East, or anywhere else. That's not a bad thinking from one perspective, meaning US would interfere less in other country's affairs.

Or Berny. A guy with a dream that's hard to reach, almost impossible, but yet the nobel one.

Those 2 out of 300 milion.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Ah, I get it. But what I can not get is why didn't anyone vote for Gary? That guy's just great. He gives zero **** about the conflicts in Middle East, or anywhere else. That's not a bad thinking from one perspective, meaning US would interfere less in other country's affairs.

Or Berny. A guy with a dream that's hard to reach, almost impossible, but yet the nobel one.

Those 2 out of 300 milion.
We picked those two because that's where we are as a country, unfortunately.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

As I mentioned earlier, what you basically have is disenfranchised people. Blue collar workers, not highly educated, who were once proud of their jobs and industry. They've become the left behinds of a society that has become globalised.

It's what happened here in the UK and it's what's happened in the USA. Industries leave and communities suffer. No one has done anything to change their fate. Politicians have ignored them, hands tied by big corporations.

So they have forced change, for good or ill. Tired of being ignored. Feeling that things can't be any worse than what they have already.

I can probably guess some of the stories of families. Men committing suicide because of depression, family's divorcing, kids feeling they have no future. These are the people who have nothing to lose.

These are the people who voted for Trump.

I can totally understand their reasoning. I'm from that world myself. So I'm not immune to their way of thinking. Difference is though, I educated myself. Which is why I think differently.

We can only hope, and I do mean this, that things won't be as bad as we think it will but I'm not holding my breath...

I can already tell you that the wall thing isn't going to happen. It's just ridiculous, even more than him winning.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I have no problems discussing about the elections here, 'cause it's an offtopic. But I get really pissed off when I go to 9gag and all I see is people whining about the outcome. First, it was a fair win, if you had the right to vote you should have, every other man didn't vote, second, I came to 9gag to relax, to laugh not to read about how depressed you are because you don't like your new president. Damn this generation, they'd do anything for attention and to fit in.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can already tell you that the wall thing isn't going to happen. It's just ridiculous, even more than him winning.
The wall is just hyperbole.

Here's the simple truth about immigration. The vast majority of Trump voters could care less, so long as they have a well paying job.

The only reason it's an issue at all is because there's this belief that immigrants take jobs from Americans for less pay.

Truth is most immigrants take the jobs they can get and usually do the jobs that no one else wants. That's not to say some companies don't take advantage of the situation.

Also notice what I wrote. It's not that immigrants want less pay. Companies take advantage of them. Immigrants just want to get money to live.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The wall is just hyperbole.

Here's the simple truth about immigration. The vast majority of Trump voters could care less, so long as they have a well paying job.

The only reason it's an issue at all is because there's this belief that immigrants take jobs from Americans for less pay.

Truth is most immigrants take the jobs they can get and usually do the jobs that no one else wants. That's not to say some companies don't take advantage of the situation.

Also notice what I wrote. It's not that immigrants want less pay. Companies take advantage of them. Immigrants just want to get money to live.

I know that, I think they do too. They're just acting ingorant in order to push their ideas and goals.

It's sad that hard working people have been used in such a way.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know that, I think they do too. They're just acting ingorant in order to push their ideas and goals.

It's sad that hard working people have been used in such a way.

It's the way things are. It's a lot easier to blame other people than it is to take responsibility for yourself.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've read a couple of articles on Trump today and what exactly he's said in the run up to the election.

It's a lot more scary and depressing than I thought it was. He's pretty much going to have total control over everything and basically no one to oppose him.

I really do wonder if people know what they have just done? I'm curious to know if this is really what they want and if this the way they want the rest of the world to see them? Last question of course is, do they really care?

Sad really.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here's food for thought.

The last time that republicans had total control of house, senate and president was about 90 years ago...

What date was that? 1928... 1 year before the great depression... there's scary thought for you.

Also, keep in mind that the Bush administration has removed a lot of the controls that were put in place to prevent another crash of that magnitude.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I've read a couple of articles on Trump today and what exactly he's said in the run up to the election.

It's a lot more scary and depressing than I thought it was. He's pretty much going to have total control over everything and basically no one to oppose him.

I really do wonder if people know what they have just done? I'm curious to know if this is really what they want and if this the way they want the rest of the world to see them? Last question of course is, do they really care?

Sad really.

He's slowly removing such content from his sites. I think he's beggining to realise this is more than a game, and that **** got real.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Here's food for thought.

The last time that republicans had total control of house, senate and president was about 90 years ago...

What date was that? 1928... 1 year before the great depression... there's scary thought for you.

Also, keep in mind that the Bush administration has removed a lot of the controls that were put in place to prevent another crash of that magnitude.

Oh wow that is a scary thought. Well like 99 said before , this is going to be one hell of a ride.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well didn't take long for protests to pop up. Sad part is nothing much will change :/ trump will be president , Republicans still have control over house and senate.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well didn't take long for protests to pop up. Sad part is nothing much will change :/ trump will be president , Republicans still have control over house and senate.
It's actually worse than that. He will also be picking a new justice for the supreme court. Possibly another one, they're not very young... On top of that he'll be able to fill the lower courts as well with republican/conservative judges.

So... It's not a pretty sight.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Honestly, that meeting between Obama and Trump looked uncomfortable. Worse is that Trump looked looked a bit frightened. Maybe it's just my perception but he looked really freaked out.

His body language was not someone who was confident.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had a good image to post but I realised it had a lot of swearing in it so I'll stop myself from posting it.

With the death of Leonard Cohen, 2016 has officially become the crappiest year I've ever known. I just want it over now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos