WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I drink coffee all day long... at work... and continue when I get home.

It sounds, like a lot, but in the end, it really isn't... I have a coffee on the way to work, maybe make 2-3 coffees while at work, and then have 1 when I get home. I don't add sweetener, so to me, it's better than drinking sodas or sweet tea all day. Yeah, I could just drink water, but where's the flavor?
I have pretty much the same regimen, though raised French I use a lot of milk but 1 sugar. The caveat is that I like it hot so I usually throw the last 1/2 cup out.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Daily Driver
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Hobby

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Howdy gang! It's been a while... how's everyone been doing here? I've missed you all!

Been pretty busy with life and all over the last couple months myself.

My mother (74), as some of you might remember, who came to live with us earlier in the year due to her health problems, was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and will be beginning radiation treatment next week. The colon cancer that they did surgery to remove a couple years ago has spread through her blood into her lung (metastasis) thus making it "stage 4". But she's hanging in there! The doctors are enthusiastic about the treatment, and we are all just trying to stay positive about it all. We've been trying to make sure she's comfortable and not in need of anything, which honestly, between working all my crazy double-shifts and all, trying to go back and forth to all of her dr's appointments and everything has really run me ragged. But this is my mom.. so it's always worth it!

Then... a couple weeks ago the RX8 broke down. I mean really down, as in it needs a new engine down! So I've been without my own car ever since and it has just made everything twice as difficult! I definitely don't have the money for a new engine.. or a new car, so we've just been making due with what we have. Thankfully, I have the GF, and she has her car that she's been more than gracious enough to let me use to get back and forth to work with, and mom to all her appts. It's been crazy though really.. not having my own car has really hit me in the dignity department

Oh.. and guess what guys! I quit SMOKING!! Last Monday November 7th at 1p.m. was my last cigarette! I'm on day 9... During one of my mom's lung doctor appointments, I saw a flyer for a "free quit smoking" class at our local hospital which provides free NRT (nicotine replacement therapy - patches, lozenges, and gum), and saw that it just happened to be on my regular day off, so I decided to take the leap. It's been a struggle, I'm not going to lie... but I'm doing it! The money savings and the health benefits are both something I desperately need nowadays... so wish me luck guys!
Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope all goes well. :)

Sorry to hear about your car. There's nothing worse than not having the means to get around.

Good to hear about you quitting smoking. My wife quit when we met. Since I don't smoke it was easier for her. It's been 13 years for her now. I think she occasionally gets a moment but learned to let it pass by.

My mum's partner quit a long time ago now but he smoked for a long time. He still has his moments to from time to time but he doesn't give in.

Key thing I'd suggest is make sure you break your routine a bit to what you usually did when smoking and you'll be more likely to not pick it up again. Habit is actually the harder thing to break after the addictive side.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Howdy gang! It's been a while... how's everyone been doing here? I've missed you all!

Been pretty busy with life and all over the last couple months myself.

My mother (74), as some of you might remember, who came to live with us earlier in the year due to her health problems, was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and will be beginning radiation treatment next week. The colon cancer that they did surgery to remove a couple years ago has spread through her blood into her lung (metastasis) thus making it "stage 4". But she's hanging in there! The doctors are enthusiastic about the treatment, and we are all just trying to stay positive about it all. We've been trying to make sure she's comfortable and not in need of anything, which honestly, between working all my crazy double-shifts and all, trying to go back and forth to all of her dr's appointments and everything has really run me ragged. But this is my mom.. so it's always worth it!

Then... a couple weeks ago the RX8 broke down. I mean really down, as in it needs a new engine down! So I've been without my own car ever since and it has just made everything twice as difficult! I definitely don't have the money for a new engine.. or a new car, so we've just been making due with what we have. Thankfully, I have the GF, and she has her car that she's been more than gracious enough to let me use to get back and forth to work with, and mom to all her appts. It's been crazy though really.. not having my own car has really hit me in the dignity department

Oh.. and guess what guys! I quit SMOKING!! Last Monday November 7th at 1p.m. was my last cigarette! I'm on day 9... During one of my mom's lung doctor appointments, I saw a flyer for a "free quit smoking" class at our local hospital which provides free NRT (nicotine replacement therapy - patches, lozenges, and gum), and saw that it just happened to be on my regular day off, so I decided to take the leap. It's been a struggle, I'm not going to lie... but I'm doing it! The money savings and the health benefits are both something I desperately need nowadays... so wish me luck guys!

Prayers for you and your mom!
Great news about quitting smoking, Congratulations!
I'm sorry to hear that the Wankel in your RX-8 conked out. Hopefully something will work out for you.
Thanks for the wonderful update!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So after dilly dallying around for a year and change I finally signed the form at work and joined the gym last week. It is fun, the facility is excellent and best of all it's free. Hopefully I will be able to work off the last 7 pounds that I have been itching to lose for the last oh say 16 years :)

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So after dilly dallying around for a year and change I finally signed the form and work and joined the gym last week. It is fun, the facility is excellent and best of all it's free. Hopefully I will be able to work off the last 7 pounds that I have been itching to lose for the last oh say 16 years :)
That's great that you will be able to do that. I kinda wish I had time to go to the gym.

Sent from mTalk

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Time for the afternoon decaf cup. I will be right back.
OK, I just got mine. Now for this gig of updates for my Nokia Windows RT 8.1 :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Daily Driver
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Hobby

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Either I'm not used to having a girlfriend or I just had more time back when I wad with my ex but Man is this hard work

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I know I mentioned this already but il mention is again ...i hate how during the holidays the radio plays nothing but Christmas music

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Either I'm not used to having a girlfriend or I just had more time back when I wad with my ex but Man is this hard work

I normally lurk this thread, but I am amused by this statement. I'm wondering how long it's been for you to say that.

I can get you on that though, having to adjust to talking to someone every day or often and spending time together is an adjustment.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If there is something I hate about cities with lots of traffic is that you gotta drive crazy to get anywhere 😐
I thought you lived in a tiny place...

My city is small but it's got lots of traffic due to being densely populated. When footy is on it's painful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05