WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

2 reasons, both financial....

Already hit our deductible for the year, so if everything happens in December, it will be cheaper as insurance will step up to the plate and cover 80%... they cover 0% if it happens in January. Which is why I call BS on how insurance handles pregnancies. In our case, we've spent a lot on tests, Dr. visits, sonograms, etc. so it should all flow together with the actual birth, even if it's not all in the same year. We've been pre-paying for the birth, based off a January due date, so we'd actually get the 80% back from the Dr.

As a side bonus, as Laura Knotek pointed out, a December baby would give us an extra tax break for 2016, vs. not taking effect till 2017.

Guess I should add, other than that, January would actually be better so the child wouldn't be stuck having birthday parties where everyone is out of town for the holidays. My birthday was actually yesterday and it sometimes falls on Thanksgiving. While it isn't a big deal now a days, as I'm older, when I was younger, it always sucked when friends were out of town for Thanksgiving on my birthday.
That's a lousy insurance plan. Ours covers everything for a grand total of first doctor visit copay of $25. Everything after that till childbirth is free.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I get the doc part, but why wouldn't they pay those 80% if the baby comes in January? Don' you have like, al year insurance. I'm lost.

Because the plan we are on, we have to pay 100% until the deductible is met. It's a crap plan, but it is what it is.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Man I'm back. I had lots going on with work and upper management. Also relationship wise. So now I'm back :)

Sent from mTalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Anyone bought anything on Black Friday? As usual, I didn't, there were plenty of nice deals, but I didn't feel like I needed most of those stuff, so, I just skipped it.
I didn't buy anything . I was working that day and nobody showed up .it wad empty

Sent from mTalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I told my manager that I was going to put my two weeks at the ends of December because the way they treated my co-works and i. It's a long story but now this month its just push sales and it doesn't matter if you have to be dishonest with people. Because of that I can't work at this place.

Sent from mTalk

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

That's a lousy insurance plan. Ours covers everything for a grand total of first doctor visit copay of $25. Everything after that till childbirth is free.

Yeah, our plans have gone to crap over the last couple of years.... 2 years ago, it would have been an office visit copay... but last year all the plans went for the worse with prices going up, and this year the plans all went up another 20%-30%... depending on the plan. Before you hit your deductible, I think it is $1,400... 1,900... $2,400 for child birth.... and that was the $500 ind. ($1,000 family)... $1,000 Ind. ($2,000 family) and $1,500 ind. ($3,000 family) deductible plans.... The plans cover some "basic" care, but anything else, you have to pay 100% until you hit your deductible.

We went with the $3,000 deductible plan because it not only has cheaper premiums per pay check, but the company will pitch in $1,000 on a "health" credit card.... Also, if you take the difference in premiums on any of the other plans and put it, pre-taxed, on the health credit card, and add in the 1K from the company, it covers the deductible for the year... so, in the long run it's cheaper. Plus, it has a lower Max Out Of Pocket amount than the mid tier and the same Max OOP amount as the low deductible.... Only, again, given the difference in premiums and $ put in by company, you are half way there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I told my manager that I was going to put my two weeks at the ends of December because the way they treated my co-works and i. It's a long story but now this month its just push sales and it doesn't matter if you have to be dishonest with people. Because of that I can't work at this place.

Sent from mTalk
So you're quitting? I don't blame you personally but I have to ask if you have a plan.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Sent from mTalk

Sometimes the pay isn't worth the heartache. Hope you have something good lined up!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

on sunday after work I went on a date with her. I have to say that It was fun :) looking forward to the next one :p

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, our plans have gone to crap over the last couple of years.... 2 years ago, it would have been an office visit copay... but last year all the plans went for the worse with prices going up, and this year the plans all went up another 20%-30%... depending on the plan. Before you hit your deductible, I think it is $1,400... 1,900... $2,400 for child birth.... and that was the $500 ind. ($1,000 family)... $1,000 Ind. ($2,000 family) and $1,500 ind. ($3,000 family) deductible plans.... The plans cover some "basic" care, but anything else, you have to pay 100% until you hit your deductible.

We went with the $3,000 deductible plan because it not only has cheaper premiums per pay check, but the company will pitch in $1,000 on a "health" credit card.... Also, if you take the difference in premiums on any of the other plans and put it, pre-taxed, on the health credit card, and add in the 1K from the company, it covers the deductible for the year... so, in the long run it's cheaper. Plus, it has a lower Max Out Of Pocket amount than the mid tier and the same Max OOP amount as the low deductible.... Only, again, given the difference in premiums and $ put in by company, you are half way there.

The **** did you just say? Is it this complicated everywhere? :D

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

We got vaccinated yesterday, didn't hurt a bit. But now there's a slight pain in the shoulder when a raise my arm. It's not that special, doesn't really hurt a lot, but it's one of those small aches that are real PITA.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The lady working there, in the hospital (oh it was free, it was a mandatory thing for all high school 4th graders), was a bit unprofessional, maybe. She didn't allow me to put my shirt back on, as she "has no time to waste". So both friend and I went back to the waiting room without our shirts on. It wasn't a big deal or anything, she just pissed me off a bit.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There's some guy, and I intend to find out who he is, who keeps playing stupid, mainstream, pop, bull**** songs during breaks in the school. Now, I rarely listen to pop, but there are 2-3 songs that I like in the genre, and there are some that I'm neutral about, but the ones he's playing, well, they're just pure cancer. Stuff like Work, or that Bonbon crap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb