WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The Nextbit Robin just keeps dropping in price. It's shocking to me that I sold mine for $280 a couple of months back and now it's basically 145! With that, I kind of would like to have one again since it apparently has WiFi calling now on T-Mo, and that's something that my Honor 8 lacks (that hasn't been painful or anything, just a general note).

The camera isn't great and neither is the battery life (there's supposed to be an update to fix this?) but it could be fun to use sometimes. I just really loved the look of it. It probably wouldn't make sense for me though, haha.
It was a device with a lot of potential but for some reason never lived up to it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It was a device with a lot of potential but for some reason never lived up to it.
Well said.

Green is my favorite color so I loved having the Mint. So many people would notice my phone and ask me about it, and they were just fascinated.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My green Mozo cover on the 950 gets a lot of questions as well.

Ooh nice! How's that cover been holding up for you? I wish that they made some for the 650 but the wood backs are so nice. Wanted one for my 550 but it isn't as good.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Ooh nice! How's that cover been holding up for you? I wish that they made some for the 650 but the wood backs are so nice. Wanted one for my 550 but it isn't as good.
It's holding up really well thanks to the clear TPU case around it. I also have a Black Walnut wood case (unused). Debating whether to use the wooden case or not.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Never mind, no longer interested in buying a Nextbit Robin for a 4th time (yes, I said 4! lol). It's already bad that I have owned it three times.

I remember how the size of it got to me and I just know that would happen again. The Honor 8 is the biggest I would go by choice...and I find myself wishing that it was shorter too!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Nextbit Robin just keeps dropping in price. It's shocking to me that I sold mine for $280 a couple of months back and now it's basically 145! With that, I kind of would like to have one again since it apparently has WiFi calling now on T-Mo, and that's something that my Honor 8 lacks (that hasn't been painful or anything, just a general note).

The camera isn't great and neither is the battery life (there's supposed to be an update to fix this?) but it could be fun to use sometimes. I just really loved the look of it. It probably wouldn't make sense for me though, haha.

If you want one, I could make mine available to you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Never mind, no longer interested in buying a Nextbit Robin for a 4th time (yes, I said 4! lol). It's already bad that I have owned it three times.

I remember how the size of it got to me and I just know that would happen again. The Honor 8 is the biggest I would go by choice...and I find myself wishing that it was shorter too!

Guess I didn't move fast enough. Oh well...

Like you I upgraded to the Honor 8 from the Nextbit Robin. I may be interested in moving the Robin for a 950/XL as my back up/primary phone to go shoot pictures with.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So on the tech front...I'm now the owner of a black Honor 8 32GB model and a silver Huawei watch. I still have my Moto 360 Sport. I plan to transition to the Honor 8 starting today.

I still own my used white and mint green Nextbit Robin and my used silver Moto 360 2014. As I mentioned earlier, I may sell those or trade them for a Lumia 950. I wanted the G5 or HTC 10 instead of the Honor 8 but could never find one at the price point I wanted. While I liked the Honor 8's in hand feel, I prefer the HTC 10's in hand feel better.

The industry is going in a direction I don't like, so no more wheeling and dealing for me in 2017.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So on the tech front...I'm now the owner of a black Honor 8 32GB model and a silver Huawei watch. I still have my Moto 360 Sport. I plan to transition to the Honor 8 starting today.

I still own my used white and mint green Nextbit Robin and my used silver Moto 360 2014. As I mentioned earlier, I may sell those or trade them for a Lumia 950. I wanted the G5 or HTC 10 instead of the Honor 8 but could never find one at the price point I wanted. While I liked the Honor 8's in hand feel, I prefer the HTC 10's in hand feel better.

The industry is going in a direction I don't like, so no more wheeling and dealing for me in 2017.
Ooh let us know how that goes for you! That sounds like a good plan.

I have tried a lot of Android phones this year, and the Honor is the only one that hasn't felt like I'm compromising on something big to me.

I'm curious what you mean by the industry's direction?
That does sound like a good plan to sell or trade them.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Guess I didn't move fast enough. Oh well...

Like you I upgraded to the Honor 8 from the Nextbit Robin. I may be interested in moving the Robin for a 950/XL as my back up/primary phone to go shoot pictures with.

It's alright. I might change my mind, but at the moment, I feel like I'm drowning in phones so I shouldn't get any more until I can release at least one (preferably one of the Androids). I love having one of each (I find it fun actually!) but I have like 2 Windows phones and 3 Androids. Not a fan.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's a brief update for the regulars:

1) I got through this semester OK. I'm still on the honor list for the Dean and if I pass both my classes next year with similar grades, I may get a MAGNA C-U-M LAUDE mention in graduation (so Rose, you've got NO excuse to be skulling classes).

2) I'll be making a ton of life changes next year so I'm trying to sort out the groundwork for that now.

3) While 2016 had its highpoints, I won't recall this year fondly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have tried a lot of Android phones this year, and the Honor is the only one that hasn't felt like I'm compromising on something big to me.

The market is matured and saturated and it is pretty much a money grab by OEMs to sell products. It's a software and after care services market instead of a hardware driven one. Not a fan of the audio changes either or the wild wild west that is the USb type C standard in its current form...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's alright. I might change my mind, but at the moment, I feel like I'm drowning in phones so I shouldn't get any more until I can release at least one (preferably one of the Androids). I love having one of each (I find it fun actually!) but I have like 2 Windows phones and 3 Androids. Not a fan.

I used to be that way. I like one now, no more than two phones at a time. Most I ever had was 7 at once, but that was because I was shipping some to a friend. Most I had at one time for me was 5. I would have come back to Windows 10 as my daily driver had they had better wearable support - tried the Band 2 and didn't like it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The only no compromise phone for me right now is the Pixel (it was free after all)!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I used to be that way. I like one now, no more than two phones at a time. Most I ever had was 7 at once, but that was because I was shipping some to a friend. Most I had at one time for me was 5. I would have come back to Windows 10 as my daily driver had they had better wearable support - tried the Band 2 and didn't like it.
I have the Pixel, 950 and Meizu MX6. Only three phones which might be an all time low.

Tablet wise I have iPad 2, iPad Air 2, LG G Pad 8, Tab S2 and the Surface Pro 3. I should be getting my Eve V sometime in 2017.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb