WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sorry I missed you! I haven't been around as much late night, since I've gotten some health problems sorted. I used to be online at late hours since I couldn't sleep.

As long as things are better for you in the health department, that's good news.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the Honor 8 is exactly what I thought it would be. And I still stand by my thought...I was better off with either a HTC 10 or an LG G5 - but they remained too expensive for me. Don't get me wrong: itsa really good phone and the audio for my needs is better than I hoped. But software wise, EMUI 4.1 = MIUI 7. According to Huawei, I'll see EMUI 5.0 in February (which means I'm more likely to get it in March).

The best thing about the Honor 8 is that it feels like a work phone and I'm not using it much. Which is exactly what I wanted. So I'll keep it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So the Honor 8 is exactly what I thought it would be. And I still stand by my thought...I was better off with either a HTC 10 or an LG G5 - but they remained too expensive for me. Don't get me wrong: itsa really good phone and the audio for my needs is better than I hoped. But software wise, EMUI 4.1 = MIUI 7. According to Huawei, I'll see EMUI 5.0 in February (which means I'm more likely to get it in March).

The best thing about the Honor 8 is that it feels like a work phone and I'm not using it much. Which is exactly what I wanted. So I'll keep it.

In that case, it's good that you got what you wanted. I can assure you that it has better battery life over the Robin though. Since you're not using it much, it would probably go for days for you. I saw a review from someone who has 3 day battery life because they use it very lightly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In that case, it's good that you got what you wanted. I can assure you that it has better battery life over the Robin though. Since you're not using it much, it would probably go for days for you. I saw a review from someone who has 3 day battery life because they use it very lightly.

I figured I'd get better performance from the chip and the slightly bigger battery. I knew the Robin's battery life was Nexus 5 bad buying it...and it didn't disappoint. I bought what was within my budget. It'll do what I want just fine. I don't think it'll play as nicely with my Moto Sport (the 360 was the same way with the Mi5), but it should be OK.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I figured I'd get better performance from the chip and the slightly bigger battery. I knew the Robin's battery life was Nexus 5 bad buying it...and it didn't disappoint. I bought what was within my budget. It'll do what I want just fine. I don't think it'll play as nicely with my Moto Sport (the 360 was the same way with the Mi5), but it should be OK.

Ohh okay, let us know how that goes for you too. I'm curious. It's funny how the Honor 8 and the Lumia 950 have the same battery but in my experience, totally different battery life. I'm aware of the different resolutions but still.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ohh okay, let us know how that goes for you too. I'm curious. It's funny how the Honor 8 and the Lumia 950 have the same battery but in my experience, totally different battery life. I'm aware of the different resolutions but still.

I expect a solid day's worth of battery life, maybe 1.5 days. That's all. The 2016 chips were vastly more efficient than the 2015 ones. Even the 625 wipes the floor with the 808.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I expect a solid day's worth of battery life, maybe 1.5 days. That's all. The 2016 chips were vastly more efficient than the 2015 ones. Even the 625 wipes the floor with the 808.
It will give you that. I get that all the time without any effort or tweaking on my end. My general regular usage gets me a day and 6 hours. If you are a heavy user, it's still possible to get a day. Remember to whitelist apps you want notifications from.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Happy New Year to all the regulars, former regulars, newcomers and lurkers alike. May your 2017 be filled with happiness, good health and prosperity for both you and those you hold dear.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It will give you that. I get that all the time without any effort or tweaking on my end. My general regular usage gets me a day and 6 hours. If you are a heavy user, it's still possible to get a day. Remember to whitelist apps you want notifications from.

Thanks for the reminder - I owned a Xiaomi Mi5 and the experience with MIUI 7 and MIUI 8 was very similar.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Site was super slow in the past few days, there was no way for me to access it. Don't know why.

b39e45c204c542eaacb6474ec7d70c30.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss