WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

And I thought I was a pessimist.

More like reality. The supervisor he had is rather common. There are worse, way worse.

Also, knowing what you don't want is a good way of avoiding it.

Thing to note to the young ones here. Asking questions in an interview is a very good idea. It's always important to get an idea of the company and the people you're working with.

I know when you're young you only want a job but you should always think about your next step. Don't get caught up in working somewhere just because.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

More like reality. The supervisor he had is rather common. There are worse, way worse.

Thing to note to the young ones here. Asking questions in an interview is a very good idea. It's always important to get an idea of the company and the people you're working with.

I know when you're young you only want a job but you should always think about your next step. Don't get caught up in working somewhere just because.

Noted, thanks for the wisdom! I will remember that for the next location. I don't plan to be where I am forever but I don't see any of the staff leaving all of a sudden. It's my first one and I'm so thankful but there's nowhere to climb here aside from what I have been promoted to, which was the reason why I just finished my probation a few weeks back.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

It's been one major bummer after another. I agree that 2016 cannot end fast enough for me. What a rotten year in more than one respect.

I was 3, so I'm not sure I saw it at the theater, but my dad had recorded it, I think off a channel called "Showbiz" which hasn't been around in probably 30 years. I think I wore the VHS tape out... In fact I have a vague memory of my dad being upset when he got home from work and I was watching Star Wars off the VHS tape, but it was showing on TV. I guess VHS was expensive at the time and I was needlessly wearing it out :shocked:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I get you, I'm not a shy person when it comes to bussines, so that shouldn't be a problem in the future.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm leaving this birthday party soon. It's been nice, really nice. Didn't drink any alcohol but still had fun.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Oh, and I've started writing for a blog of some sort, tech related. I'llbe writing about windows apps to be precise, nothing special, just to have something to waste time on.
I'd share the site here but it's in Bosnian, so no point there.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Oh, and I've started writing for a blog of some sort, tech related. I'llbe writing about windows apps to be precise, nothing special, just to have something to waste time on.
Good luck on your new blog. 😊

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like that would be an interesting blog idea, good luck!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I get you, I'm not a shy person when it comes to bussines, so that shouldn't be a problem in the future.

When I read that it sounded like you were planing on wheeling an dealing. :p

I'm not sure where you plan to work in the future but all countries are different in their work culture and within each company they are different as well. Some companies can feel very stifling working at them. Not a nice environment at all.

So it's good to know what you're getting into. Research the company and ask questions at interviews. Determine if it works for you as well as you working for them. Interviews are a two way street. If you're desperate, sure, take any job, but don't get trapped in the BS.

That's all I was getting at.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss