WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Welcome to Bosnian pricing, I payed my L640 320KM (BAM). Average salary here is around 800BAM (that's the average salary, which includes our politician's wages which go up to 5000 KM). So yeah, you're not alone.
That new HP's phone costs almost 1800KM.
Phones are the same price(roughly) everywhere but the difference is the avg. wage is not the same.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's really cold here. This is in °C.
77e4be60ff5db3bb44af36ed07f23df9.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Australians love their sport. More than probably any other country I've been to. There is no real distinction in that way when it comes to things like that. There are more like rural areas vs cities.

Melbourne likes it's Aussie Rules football whereas most other cities are not so fussed. For other's it's Rugby in the colder months and cricket in the warmer months. Then there's the Olympic sports which Australia seems to go nutty for.

I'm not a sports person so it wasn't my thing. I'm more the foodie.

The other thing you'll find is Aussies like to drink, a lot. They tend to be friendly but don't go thinking it's a 'safe' place. Lots of things happen in Australia that don't get advertised too much and it's just like travelling anywhere else.

They're more into sport than Brits? Is that even possible :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They're more into sport than Brits? Is that even possible :D
Yes they're way more into sports than the Brits from my personal opinion.

The big game here is football. Like Europe in general. In Australia it's rugby followed by cricket typically.

It's a bit hard to explain the differences. Like any country though you have the hard cores fans and then there's the wannabes.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

The big game here is football. Like Europe in general. In Australia it's rugby followed by cricket typically.

It's a bit hard to explain the differences. Like any country though you have the hard cores fans and then there's the wannabes.

Aussie Rules is the biggest and most popular brand of football in Australia followed by rugby and then soccer (football), however rugby is more popular than aussie rules in NSW and QLD. As for most popular sport in Australia, I think it's more of a dead heat between aussie rules and cricket.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Aussie Rules is the biggest and most popular brand of football in Australia followed by rugby and then soccer (football), however rugby is more popular than aussie rules in NSW and QLD. As for most popular sport in Australia, I think it's more of a dead heat between aussie rules and cricket.

I did live in QLD so maybe my perception is a bit skewed.

I was around people who were really into rugby and people who were really into cricket. I didn't know anyone into Aussie Rules.

Saying that, I would probably put all three as Australian 'favourite' sports.

For me personally, as it is here, sports does little to excite me and does more to annoy me. I try my best to avoid the news and the crowds (I unfortunately live way too close to the football stadium in my city).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I was given an Amazon Echo as a belated Xmas gift. So I'm looking forward to setting it up and trying it out. I was always tempted to get an Echo Dot, but I passed for different reasons. So I may get a few smart lights to test out Alexa. Should be interesting...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte