WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The curse of being a Windows Insider...
b76b5dd7c62193e6f74186ff92511b13.jpg

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Weather forecast today - cloudy, high winds and possible snow. Yes, snow.

My worst nightmare in the UK. Snow for the drive home...

Stuck in the UK, huh? I do not envy you. :D Except when it's (vaguely) summer there and winter here.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Stuck in the UK, huh? I do not envy you. :D Except when it's (vaguely) summer there and winter here.

I wouldn't call it 'stuck' per say. I decided to move here. :p Summers here can be disappointing...

I can easily move to any other EU country, Australia or Canada if I want to in the future. :)

It's a lot easier to see the EU living in it than trying to get here from Australia. Shorter journey time and simply more time. :)

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

;)

You got Europe (I'm jealous), but we got Australia and the Asia Pacific right on our doorstep. It balances out. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

;)

You got Europe (I'm jealous), but we got Australia and the Asia Pacific right on our doorstep. It balances out. :)

Nothing against Asia Pacific, beautiful area (though some rough spots) but I love the history and scenery here in the EU and the food as well. Nothing like a morning stroll to a boulangerie to get baguettes and croissants in France. Or coffee in Italy. Tapas in Spain. The list goes on...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There's nothing 'minor' about being anti-vax. It's a major concern. Anyone, regardless how nice or whatever they seem, should be considered an enemy of humanity for thinking anti-vax is a good thing.

Anti-vaxers work on the emotions of parents, specifically mothers, to prevent them from vaccinating their children. They're horrible people. Spreading lies and misinformation. They're the equivalent of holocaust deniers. They deserve no respect at all.

Oh, you take this topic much more seriously than I do. There's no question that I strongly disagree with them, but I don't see them equal to Nazis. Sure, they're a threat to health but holocaust, no.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Oh, you take this topic much more seriously than I do. There's no question that I strongly disagree with them, but I don't see them equal to Nazis. Sure, they're a threat to health but holocaust, no.

What my point was is that they deny science behind vaccinations. They don't believe that it's correct, to the point that they don't believe in the diseases that vaccinations cure. They think it's all made up and that there's nothing that 'nature' or the human body can't fix on it's own.

I don't think you're aware of just how vile these people are. Babies and children have died or become seriously ill because of these people. They're sick and twisted people who seemed hell bent on bringing back diseases we almost had eradicated because they're suspicious of 'big pharma' and conspiracy nutters.

I was trying to be nice calling them equivalent to holocaust deniers but that's probably too tame.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Started learning something new related to my job at work and it feels like it gave me some new motivation. I like what I do, but it felt like I hit a wall before the break of doing the same thing and not learning anything new. Not sure if this normally happens at 7 months in for a new position.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On a less boring note, it's been 12 days into my month of using the same phone intentionally for the whole month and I have had an itch to change once. I basically turn my other phones on for a moment and then back off. I don't even do that daily anymore. Who am I LOL

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

One of my friends was telling me (and our other friends) that she wants to try to date this year since she hasn't tried much before at all. I can relate but not sure if I feel like going down that road even though I kind of feel like I should. Me and her are the same age.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Started learning something new related to my job at work and it feels like it gave me some new motivation. I like what I do, but it felt like I hit a wall before the break of doing the same thing and not learning anything new. Not sure if this normally happens at 7 months in for a new position.

I find things get boring rather rapidly for me with regards to work. I find work in general rather mundane. I find the work I do these days, even though it's taken me to various countries and places, it's still rather dull.

Work at the end of the day is work. You're doing something for someone else. I'm a person who find things satisfying when I do them for my own reasons.

I do like learning I should point out. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

One of my friends was telling me (and our other friends) that she wants to try to date this year since she hasn't tried much before at all. I can relate but not sure if I feel like going down that road even though I kind of feel like I should. Me and her are the same age.

I'll be married for 10 years this year...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I find things get boring rather rapidly for me with regards to work. I find work in general rather mundane. I find the work I do these days, even though it's taken me to various countries and places, it's still rather dull.

Work at the end of the day is work. You're doing something for someone else. I'm a person who find things satisfying when I do them for my own reasons.

I do like learning I should point out. :)

Ah, so you can relate. I think it's really cool that your work has taken you to so many places! It sounds like you might be used to it though.

Fair point. It works for some of us though. That makes sense, I can picture that for you.

That's good, learning is good. I prefer the kind without the exams and papers but yet I'm considering it again. :straight:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ah, so you can relate. I think it's really cool that your work has taken you to so many places! It sounds like you might be used to it though.

Fair point. It works for some of us though. That makes sense, I can picture that for you.

That's good, learning is good. I prefer the kind without the exams and papers but yet I'm considering it again. :straight:

I have days when I want to go do a learning course of some sort but I'd prefer it for enjoyment and just for the desire of learning rather than grades.

I've spent a lot of time reading and learning that way. Things I didn't know about in science etc. But now there's other things I'd like to learn but finding the time and place to learn it is rather difficult. I don't see many evening/weekend courses here in the UK.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have days when I want to go do a learning course of some sort but I'd prefer it for enjoyment and just for the desire of learning rather than grades.

I've spent a lot of time reading and learning that way. Things I didn't know about in science etc. But now there's other things I'd like to learn but finding the time and place to learn it is rather difficult. I don't see many evening/weekend courses here in the UK.

Hmm interesting.

Wow that sucks that there aren't many evening/weekend courses there. :( That sounds challenging.

In my case, it's to get a Masters. Thankfully, where I'm working pays for almost 3 courses, but I'll do 2 a semester. I just have to do my part to get into the program, which requires an exam. Welp.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hmm interesting.

Wow that sucks that there aren't many evening/weekend courses there. :( That sounds challenging.

In my case, it's to get a Masters. Thankfully, where I'm working pays for almost 3 courses, but I'll do 2 a semester. I just have to do my part to get into the program, which requires an exam. Welp.

My wife did her bachelors and masters online. There were also parts she had to do in person at the university as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion