WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Not to bore anyone with what's going on here in the UK...

Tomorrow our illustrious leader will finally give details on their exit plan from the EU. I expect a lot fluff with the details hidden in it.

It's not looking like a good day for the UK tomorrow.... nope.

Not be an *******, but I'm going to sit back and watch the very scenarios I've been seeing my whole life.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it's quite evident that the orange toad is allowing the Republican party to steer his presidency and our country towards tribal fear and division, anti logic and reason, and questionable trade policies. In other words, back to the 1980s. :( I guess the only thing different is potential Russian relations. But, I'm not so sure that the fact that Trump has a massive man-crush on Putin is a good thing.
I'm assuming that Britain is heading in that general direction, as well???

Lets see, what should I rub in your nose.
At least your new president isn't afraid of showing his fetish, that must be a good thing. Right?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I so hope for the UK to crash and burn like it deserves to. I got two Brexit people in my vicinity. Sigh. Can't wait to ditch this crappy country.

I'm waiting for £ to collapse, I'm in a desperate need of good pair of wireless headphones.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the advice LaRue and MIA. We are about halfway through getting all of the wedding things done - I've designed custom invitations we're just finishing and posting them out in the next couple of weeks, alongside getting DJ, florist etc sorted. Still need to decide on a honeymoon place too - want somewhere where we won't be in temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius night and day - we were thinking of Italy but it might be too hot but then we thought New Zealand, but then it's winter over there so not ideal... any ideas?

On top of this we've also getting a new place, so within the next month or two we'll be looking into properties, mortgages etc.

You're getting married? Congratulations! I must have missed your post about the whole thing.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Just don't hate me for the comments :D I couldn't resist making a joke or two, even if they're poorely executed.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I want to try a different experiment each month. I'm at the halfway point of this first one. It's interesting to learn things about yourself and your habits.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm loving my new turntable and both my old and new vinyl. I got a few new albums that I had on CD, but the vinyl sounds better. I really love that warm sound, especially when I'm listening with my high impedance headphones.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm waiting for £ to collapse, I'm in a desperate need of good pair of wireless headphones.

Check later today. Without fail whenever May speaks the £ drops. Today could be one of the bigger drops before the actual start of the process.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the advice LaRue and MIA. We are about halfway through getting all of the wedding things done - I've designed custom invitations we're just finishing and posting them out in the next couple of weeks, alongside getting DJ, florist etc sorted. Still need to decide on a honeymoon place too - want somewhere where we won't be in temperatures of over 35 degrees Celsius night and day - we were thinking of Italy but it might be too hot but then we thought New Zealand, but then it's winter over there so not ideal... any ideas?

On top of this we've also getting a new place, so within the next month or two we'll be looking into properties, mortgages etc.

Well what we normally do with travelling is sorting out where we'd like to go, make a list of places then determine a budget and workout which one fits the budget best.

The other things we think about is whether we're after cultural, sun, scenery or city. Sometimes you can get a bit of everything. :)

I don't think you mentioned which month you're getting married but 'winter' in New Zealand and Australia is June to August. July is typically the coldest month.

It's a big world and to recommend something would be difficult without some guidance. There's also Canada, USA, South America, Mexico...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, I needed this to understand the whole thing around anti vaxers. Didn't know it went that far.

Well I listened to that and it was good however it wasn't totally about vaccinations. It seemed to concentrate on bacteria resistance, which is also an issue but not fully vaccines.

The best way to put it is this:

Vaccines are about creating herd immunity. What this means is that you have the majority vaccinated and that should protect those who cannot be vaccinated. However, when you get a larger percentage of people not vaccinated that breaks herd immunity therefore leaving a larger number of people open to disease. Even if you are vaccinated you have the possibility of getting the disease as it may mutate.

This is why polio won't go away and why other disease that were once consider eradicated are resurfacing.

Our 'first world thinking' about how safe we are is causing this issue. Because we are often shielded from the horrors of what these disease do. It wasn't that long ago that polio, smallpox and other killer/disfiguring diseases were running rampant on the planet. Less than 100 years ago. My aunt is deaf in one ear due to smallpox. My mother had people on her street dying and whole neighbourhoods quarantined. We've become blind to these facts.

The anti vax crowd seem to think that their lifestyle creates a better immunity than medicine and science. Viral bacteria don't care how good your immune system is. A child's immunity is not very good. Even most adults is not that great.

We are technically one disease epidemic away from a large portion of the population being killed off. The last big one was in 1918-1920 - 75,000.000 people died worldwide. Think about that for a moment and realise that's before easy travel around the world.

The last thing we need is a resurfacing of old diseases on top of that possibility. The sheer ignorance of the anti vax crowd is what scares the daylights out of me and the way they pander to the 'protective parenting' of today is what is driving this nonsense. The anti vaxxers are vile people spreading their ignorance using conspiracy theories and scaremongering.

This is the world we live in now. Sad really. In the past there would be no question about getting vaccinations, now we question this simple idea... that's just messed.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Can't quote you Rue, this app is getting worse day by day.
Anyway, critical was talking about what could happen if we stop getting vaccines, infact, it already happened in Nevada. That's the thing that freaked me out.

We never had problems with this kind of people, I was confused few years ago when I saw a poster at our hospital saying something like "Vaccines don't cause autism". It never really came to me that they could, I just couldn't see the co-relation.

And yes, people have become overly interested in conspiracy theories, I think that's the main thing driving this madness.

There's one thing I don't understand, what do they gain by not getting vaccinated?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I was looking for a nice lap top for the last few days, I wasn't looking for anything too fancy, just for one that would serve it's purpose on the college. Found a few that look really nice, one was pure middle range, but it was red, it might be stupid but that's why it's my favourite. The second one was lower end gaming laptop, but it was much better than the red one, and they cost the same, 380€. Both come with a free back pack, which is nice.

I'm on a serious budget, but I think I can still find something nice.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's one thing I don't understand, what do they gain by not getting vaccinated?

It's about 'protecting' their children from getting autism or possibly dying or other issues from vaccines. They keep coming up with new excuses when they get called out on their BS. They also state that vaccination doesn't work, it's all a scam. They believe that past epidemics were created by big pharma so they could sell their vaccines... I kid you not.

Still, the scare of 'autism' is the biggest driving factor. Look up Dr. Wakefield if you want to be thoroughly disgusted beyond belief. Look it up on wikipedia or other trusted sites, not anti vax sites.

The thing that happened in Nevada was about antibiotic resistance. What happened is the lady had a bacterial infection that no antibiotics could clear. This is a very big issue. This is caused by over use of antibiotics. That's what bothered me about the video. He was sort of conflating the two and confusing the message.

Anti vaccination on the other hand is based on the premise of people refusing to vaccinate their children as a means of 'protecting' them from nasty drugs from big pharma.

You get vaccinated to prevent specific diseases. You take antibiotics to clear bacterial infections. Different things.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Scienceguy Labs, your current (new?) avatar reminds me of Giorgio Tsoukalos :D What's it from?

aath6AVMSA9U.jpg aavatar184190_22.jpg

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

17cc566e1fd9d223cd85ec15c8560f6f.jpg

:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte