WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Raining here steadily for last 12 hours.
8449793a8268f4a9ad3dc6304b9799c4.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yay for having an understanding boss!

Also, I just realized that it's been a few days since I posted here, or at least it feels like it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see things have gone slow here.

Looks like this may be a make or break year with Samsung. I see that they took the first batch of S835 chips for their S8, forcing LG and HTC to use the 821s instead. I personally don't mind, if HTC and LG can optimize their offerings. Problem is, there may be refreshed units with the newer chips, which will screw with early adopters paying those crazy prices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like this may be a make or break year with Samsung. I see that they took the first batch of S835 chips for their S8, forcing LG and HTC to use the 821s instead. I personally don't mind, if HTC and LG can optimize their offerings. Problem is, there may be refreshed units with the newer chips, which will screw with early adopters paying those crazy prices.

I don't mind HTC and LG not using the super latest chips...but people will make a big **** of it. The market is so saturated that I really wonder how these OEMs will make sales. Honestly, Apple and Samsung have nowhere to go but down. Keep an eye on Huawei though...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Since you mentioned HTC, I'm curious on your thoughts about the new HTC "flagship" offering in the U Ultra, and the Play too, I guess. Aside from the colors, it's not really interesting.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Feeling like dBrand is trolling me. My order got to a postal office facility in my county on Saturday morning and it finally made it's way to my local post office this morning and yet it is being delivered tomorrow. I am so tempted to see if I can ask for it at the post office during my lunch if it doesn't go out today. LOL

Edit: Spoke too soon. It's in my mailbox waiting for me when I get home! Yay!

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Go figure that I found the ideal boot in my size and it sold out while I was looking for something to add to it to get free shipping :grin:

To be fair, it was a want and not a need (to justify the CC hit). I don't even like shopping for shoes, but that particular pair would be great for me.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm glad to have given up this hobby. It got tiresome, really.

I know, I really dug up this quote but I had to.

This month, I am doing a challenge of using just one phone for the whole month, which is an easy thing for many but not for me. I'm someone who feels a need to change phones after 2 weeks at least because something bothers me about the one I was using. In this case, it's just switching in-between what I own. Sometimes I'll use one for a week and then something comes up so I'm changing it. I have felt the urge to, but I haven't actually caved.

Anyway, how this connects to you is that I was thinking about what you said and how right you are. I'm hoping that my dBrand skin would help me feel less annoyed with how, uh, not unique looking, my iPhone is.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I don't mind HTC and LG not using the super latest chips...but people will make a big **** of it. The market is so saturated that I really wonder how these OEMs will make sales. Honestly, Apple and Samsung have nowhere to go but down. Keep an eye on Huawei though...

Huawei has been doing the best job with their line lately. They're making some really sleek and prestige looking phones.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Go figure that I found the ideal boot in my size and it sold out while I was looking for something to add to it to get free shipping :grin:

To be fair, it was a want and not a need (to justify the CC hit). I don't even like shopping for shoes, but that particular pair would be great for me.

It kinda reminds me of me, but in my case it's not the shoes we're talking about ...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I know, I really dug up this quote but I had to.

This month, I am doing a challenge of using just one phone for the whole month, which is an easy thing for many but not for me. I'm someone who feels a need to change phones after 2 weeks at least because something bothers me about the one I was using. In this case, it's just switching in-between what I own. Sometimes I'll use one for a week and then something comes up so I'm changing it. I have felt the urge to, but I haven't actually caved.

Anyway, how this connects to you is that I was thinking about what you said and how right you are. I'm hoping that my dBrand skin would help me feel less annoyed with how, uh, not unique looking, my iPhone is.

I've been using my L640 for more than year and a half, without switching phones or whatsoever :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

While we're talking about phones, I think LG needs to do some serious work on their designs. I mean, to me, G5 was the ugliest phone compared to it's competition, even Lumia 650 was more appealing to me. V10 look was not bad, maybe they should make something similar.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've been using my L640 for more than year and a half, without switching phones or whatsoever :D.

How's that been for you? Are you still liking it as much as you did before, or is it just doing the job? I liked it on 8.1 but it felt slow on W10M.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb