WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So Nextbit got bought out and stopped selling Robin. Supposedly, software updates and security patches for the next 18 months. Now I have a decent back up phone that was hard to sell becoming even harder to sell.

Oh well...

Yeah that's a bummer. Sorry about that. :(

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

They were discussing his impeachment prior to him even taking office so it's not that new. The fact is approval rating is so low is a historical thing as well. Most presidents usually have a honeymoon period.

A lot of people don't like the fact he's just pushing out executive orders. That's not working with parliament, that's purely being a bully.

I read a statement by a political historian. This person is thinking that Trump and his gang are up to something even more horrible and this is but a distraction. It's a shock tactic so that they can get the even worse thing through without anyone paying attention.

Trump is bad but the truth is, the people behind him are worse. Especially Bannon. If Trump were to be removed the people he's brought in need to go with him.

I agree. I think people forget that presidents can be impeached but that doesn't equal removal. The former acting Attorney General (Sally Yates, I believe) is a boss. I think it's amazing that she didn't care about being removed by standing for what's right but I wonder how many will follow in her steps...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So Trump's disapproval rating is already at 50%... impressive. Give him a gold star.

Just 50%? I guess those are the "I'm not going to vote for a Wall Street slave or a racist yellow man, I'm smart, I'm going to stay home and keep myself out of it".

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

With the way the country is at the moment, rioting is a very real possibility somewhere down the track.

AFAIK a sitting president can be removed either through impeachment or through the 25th amendment. The former is highly unlikely (let's wait for the mid-terms at least) and so is the latter. But if there is enough discontent in the air, then perhaps either could happen - particularly the latter.

Trump could lose the confidence of the military, or at least some important military leaders who refuse to obey certain orders. I read an article that said something interesting: military officers are sworn to protect and defend the Constitution, not the president. If Trump gives an illegal or unconstitutional order, then the military can not comply with the order.

Or the military could launch a full-blown coup. Now THAT would be interesting.

It's truly amazing and equally frightening that such measures are being openly discussed, even considered. Trump is nearly two weeks in and it's come to this already.

You don't want a coup, I can't remember when was that a good thing. Certainly wasn't good for Turkey for example.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just 50%? I guess those are the "I'm not going to vote for a Wall Street slave or a racist yellow man, I'm smart, I'm going to stay home and keep myself out of it".

It was a Gallup Poll.

To put this into historic context, it took Obama over a year to hit this level and he wasn't liked by the rednecks from the start. George W Bush took 233 days to get close to that level.

Trump, 8 days.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Now why do I have a feeling that Trump's been highly influenced by that Bannon guy. I've read about him, and well, he doesn't seem like a good guy. This is a pure example when I'd take someone's right to free speech.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It was a Gallup Poll.

To put this into historic context, it took Obama over a year to hit this level and he wasn't liked by the rednecks from the start. George W Bush took 233 days to get close to that level.

Trump, 8 days.

Well, look at the bright side - at least he started breaking some records if nothing.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Isn't that California? I don't think I'm that bad in Geography :D.

yes, it is showing California on the wrong side. A joke because CA, and Hollywood in general, is anti-Trump. They probably make up the 50% disapproval.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Well crap... IDK if the issue with my 950 is hardware or software related, camera has issues focusing... https://youtu.be/8dbZmpUWeZI
That video shows what it looks like trying to take a picture or recording video. I had thought it was software, because is suspiciously started around the time of one of the insider release preview updates, but it has been getting worse. Last night I did a hard reset to see if that would clear things up, but it did not.

Anyhow, I'm not really wanting to buy any of the current lineups of phones... Idol 4s looks nice for the price, but not sure of the camera and it doesn't have NFC.... HP Elite x3 is nice, except that it supposedly won't ever get tap to pay support... which on one hand my bank doesn't support it anyway, on the other, as soon as I drop money on a phone that doesn't support it, my bank will. Murphy's law.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think I'm ready for a new phone, problem is I have no idea what to get.

Problem is, even what I think might be decent is questionable whether it is... I don't want a Pixel because they're still way too pricey.

Sign of the times. Nothing compelling and nothing that 'nice'.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think I'm ready for a new phone, problem is I have no idea what to get.

Problem is, even what I think might be decent is questionable whether it is... I don't want a Pixel because they're still way too pricey.

Sign of the times. Nothing compelling and nothing that 'nice'.

What are your top things in a phone, and also what are your secondary things to consider? I think it would help to start there, as there are a number of choices that aren't as much, like the OnePlus 3(T).

In my experience, that has helped me learn more of what I like and prefer, in addition to helping me decide what phones I should consider.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What are your top things in a phone, and also what are your secondary things to consider? I think it would help to start there, as there are a number of choices that aren't as much, like the OnePlus 3(T).

My criteria is pretty simple.

Size - around 5"
Good battery
Good camera
Prefer waterproof (I live in the UK...)
As close to 'vanilla' Android as possible
Decent looking

After that I'm pretty easy

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My criteria is pretty simple.

Size - around 5"
Good battery
Good camera
Prefer waterproof (I live in the UK...)
As close to 'vanilla' Android as possible
Decent looking

After that I'm pretty easy

Thanks for this!

Off the top of my head, it's hard to meet outside of the S7 (even though totally not vanilla Android at all), but I will dig. Sony is apparently announcing something new at MWC.

Edit: Nokia's teasers may or may not be good. We'll see but eh.

Edit (again) : Aside from the Pixel, I got nothing. I understand your statement. 5.5" is like the new standard size. Outside of the XZ, I can't find anything that meets all, if not most of this.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for this!

Off the top of my head, it's hard to meet outside of the S7 (even though totally not vanilla Android at all), but I will dig. Sony is apparently announcing something new at MWC.

I've never been interested in Samsung products. I got rid of my Samsung TV and I only have a very old tablet that I keep trying to get rid of. :p

Anything Sony brings out will be expensive and from what I heard it was going to be mid range but I could be wrong.

I could get the Sony XZ as it's now around £400 for it but I still haven't found a positive enough review on it that makes me want to buy it. I don't know if the update to 7 brought anything better to it. It is a nice device though. I have taken a decent look at it in store.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've never been interested in Samsung products. I got rid of my Samsung TV and I only have a very old tablet that I keep trying to get rid of. :p

Anything Sony brings out will be expensive and from what I heard it was going to be mid range but I could be wrong.

I could get the Sony XZ as it's now around £400 for it but I still haven't found a positive enough review on it that makes me want to buy it. I don't know if the update to 7 brought anything better to it. It is a nice device though. I have taken a decent look at it in store.

Haha okay, I totally understand.

Very true! I wanted the XA so bad but that battery life was shameful. Hopefully the rumored device fixes that.

Ah okay, I see. It might be better to wait in this case then for MWC. I think waterproof phones might be more common,

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Haha okay, I totally understand.

Very true! I wanted the XA so bad but that battery life was shameful. Hopefully the rumored device fixes that.

Ah okay, I see. It might be better to wait in this case then for MWC. I think waterproof phones might be more common,

I wouldn't buy anything overly new simply because they'll cost a fortune. I don't buy contract I buy outright. I'm not exactly in a position to drop £600+ on a phone at the moment. Too many other more important things to spend money on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786