WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My criteria is pretty simple.

Size - around 5"
Good battery
Good camera
Prefer waterproof (I live in the UK...)
As close to 'vanilla' Android as possible
Decent looking

After that I'm pretty easy

I had a joke based on a conundrum, but I'll send it to Sahib for analysis...

Wait to see what the new Sony looks like. I heard the XZ is really solid, but don't think it is better than anything in the Pixel/S7/V20/Mate 9 bracket. There are currently only 3 people in the water resistant game...Sony, Sammy and iFruit. If your Z3 still works, keep chugging along...If it doesn't work, then honestly get a flip phone as an intermezzo...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only issue I have with the Pixel is price. If it wasn't ridiculous expensive I'd get it even though I'm not a fan of the way it looks.

I was in the same boat. I like the Pixel but the price is Trump immigration policy scary to my wallet. If you catch it on a sale or see if 99 has some insight, that's a good option.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I was in the same boat. I like the Pixel but the price is Trump immigration policy scary to my wallet. If you catch it on a sale or see if 99 has some insight, that's a good option.
Get a Verizon version, relatively cheap and works just like the factory unlocked ones.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had a joke based on a conundrum, but I'll send it to Sahib for analysis...

Wait to see what the new Sony looks like. I heard the XZ is really solid, but don't think it is better than anything in the Pixel/S7/V20/Mate 9 bracket. There are currently only 3 people in the water resistant game...Sony, Sammy and iFruit. If your Z3 still works, keep chugging along...If it doesn't work, then honestly get a flip phone as an intermezzo...

I think my issue with the XZ is I'm just not sure what I think of it. I like the look of it. It's a nice looking phone overall. But I'm just not sure. I don't know if I want to go with Sony again.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think my issue with the XZ is I'm just not sure what I think of it. I like the look of it. It's a nice looking phone overall. But I'm just not sure. I don't know if I want to go with Sony again.

I see you're channelling your inner Chregu...

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

The only issue I have with the Pixel is price. If it wasn't ridiculous expensive I'd get it even though I'm not a fan of the way it looks.

Agreed. If they made the 'Standard' Pixel (5.0") around $499 i think it would outsell any iPhone or Samsung devices in 2017. The software on there is amazing! plus you get access to Beta updates which is a nice addition. It's all about price and the value you getting for it. I personally think the days of people purchasing devices for $800 + are slowly going away. It's just not worth the cash, especially when you have devices like the OnePlus 3T or the Axon 7 coming in at much lower prices. :)

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

Looks like I'm a little behind on this thread haha. I think I'm just going to cut my losses and start from here. Seems like years worth of legal reading haha ^_^
Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 11.03.19 AM.png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. If they made the 'Standard' Pixel (5.0") around $499 i think it would outsell any iPhone or Samsung devices in 2017. The software on there is amazing! plus you get access to Beta updates which is a nice addition. It's all about price and the value you getting for it. I personally think the days of people purchasing devices for $800 + are slowly going away. It's just not worth the cash, especially when you have devices like the OnePlus 3T or the Axon 7 coming in at much lower prices. :)
I'll agree with that.

I'm hoping whatever Nokia plans to being out is reasonably priced but I'm not holding my breath...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't expect to be impressed, really. The market is too saturated.

Yeah, people are hung up on this Nokia "savior" idea and I'm indifferent, unless they decide to make a good small phone for someone like me who likes those.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Honestly, I really don't need to be buying more phones but I'm so glad to have a 950 in my possession again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb