WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Dan Rubino had a death threat? What the hell? So Trump can behave like a total ***, and justify it all with a simple "it's a freedom of speech", while Dan's tweets are, well, something else? Insults? OK, so calling out someone to be a hypocrit is an insult, while "grabbing her by the ..." is a freedom of speech?

Oh world, what are you turning into.

The world hasn't really changed all that much since I was younger. There has been 'pushes' for change and some has happened but on the whole, not much has really changed since I was a child.

All social media has done is bring a lot of 'hidden' thoughts into light. The simple reality is that there are a lot of nasty people who hide behind fake names and think they're being 'funny' or believe anything thing they say is meaningless so long as it's online.

That's why there are trolls and so on. These are people, who if you met them in real life you'd never guess they were trolls. Some people just like to light the fire and fan the flames.

Also, it's really no surprise that most people use death threats on social media because again, they feel empowered hiding behind their little secret identities. Majority of death threats (and other threats) are fake but it's sole purpose is to scare people to shut them up. Again, it goes back to this idea of people thinking the online world is not real and they're 'free' to say what they want.

Not too long ago, people said things like this in the open or through letters. Social media has just made these things quicker and more obvious.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I really thought the man would get sober after getting elected. I couldn't have been more wrong. It's like he's not letting go of that pint.

Trump is just the figurehead of the real powers behind him. I'd be more worried about Pence and the others. Trump is just using the presidency to get more rich and the others are using him as a distraction to do what they want. So that's why it's a win win for everyone involved.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Well happy Monday everyone! It's been a quiet weekend for me, and this week is due to be probably quite stressful. Woo!...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well happy Monday everyone! It's been a quiet weekend for me, and this week is due to be probably quite stressful. Woo!...

Good luck with the week ahead!

Yesterday wore me out so much that I just crashed. Glad for Monday.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thinking of getting new glasses but I'm waiting for a sale at my favorite eyeglass shop. No rush but my main glasses have a long crack in the lens so I should make it happen in the next few months. I really don't want to be part of a wedding with a crack in my lens.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

The world hasn't really changed all that much since I was younger. There has been 'pushes' for change and some has happened but on the whole, not much has really changed since I was a child.

All social media has done is bring a lot of 'hidden' thoughts into light. The simple reality is that there are a lot of nasty people who hide behind fake names and think they're being 'funny' or believe anything thing they say is meaningless so long as it's online.

That's why there are trolls and so on. These are people, who if you met them in real life you'd never guess they were trolls. Some people just like to light the fire and fan the flames.

Also, it's really no surprise that most people use death threats on social media because again, they feel empowered hiding behind their little secret identities. Majority of death threats (and other threats) are fake but it's sole purpose is to scare people to shut them up. Again, it goes back to this idea of people thinking the online world is not real and they're 'free' to say what they want.

Not too long ago, people said things like this in the open or through letters. Social media has just made these things quicker and more obvious.

In our smaller entity you can get prosecuted for hate speech on social media. It's good as far as hate speech is concened, but they're abusing the law and charging people who critise the government. It's really a duble edged sword.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Trump is just the figurehead of the real powers behind him. I'd be more worried about Pence and the others. Trump is just using the presidency to get more rich and the others are using him as a distraction to do what they want. So that's why it's a win win for everyone involved.

I get it, that Stephen guy is kind of scary. But when I say Trump I mean the whole administraton.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Thinking of getting new glasses but I'm waiting for a sale at my favorite eyeglass shop. No rush but my main glasses have a long crack in the lens so I should make it happen in the next few months. I really don't want to be part of a wedding with a crack in my lens.

I've been wearing glasses since September last year, and it's already become tiring. There's so much work to keep them clean, and I can't stand any stains or whatsoever :D.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In our smaller entity you can get prosecuted for hate speech on social media. It's good as far as hate speech is concened, but they're abusing the law and charging people who critise the government. It's really a duble edged sword.

Free speech is a bit of an oxymoron anyway and in the US it get conflated with 'freedom of religion'. So people get a pass for wearing slogans or t-shirts with offensive words and phrases but so long as it's 'religiously' related that's ok.

I'm not easily offended myself (being the white heterosexual male that I am) but it's time we moved on from these petty things that shackle society. Unfortunately we like to revere old ideas and cling to cultural and tradition as if they are unchangeable things.

Such is the revisionist thinking of today...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hopefully people got the humour of the 'white heterosexual male'. We're supposedly the easily offended bunch on the planet... LOL!

I am definitely not your typical 'white heterosexual male'. :p

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've been wearing glasses since September last year, and it's already become tiring. There's so much work to keep them clean, and I can't stand any stains or whatsoever :D.

Aw. I'm guessing that you have to wear them all the time now? It comes to a point when glasses wearers get used to all of that stuff. I think you'll adjust in time. I have had to wear them for over 20 years and sometimes my glasses get dirty but as long as I can see fine, I'm good lol.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Free speech is a bit of an oxymoron anyway and in the US it get conflated with 'freedom of religion'. So people get a pass for wearing slogans or t-shirts with offensive words and phrases but so long as it's 'religiously' related that's ok.

I'm not easily offended myself (being the white heterosexual male that I am) but it's time we moved on from these petty things that shackle society. Unfortunately we like to revere old ideas and cling to cultural and tradition as if they are unchangeable things.

Such is the revisionist thinking of today...

It's a thing here too, people are willing to sacrifice their own good just to protect their beliefs, which at the end of the day, won't really put a food on their table.

And yes, I got the joke :D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6