WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Aw. I'm guessing that you have to wear them all the time now? It comes to a point when glasses wearers get used to all of that stuff. I think you'll adjust in time. I have had to wear them for over 20 years and sometimes my glasses get dirty but as long as I can see fine, I'm good lol.

I'm pretty new there, it has been only 6 months, so I'm still getting used to them. The biggest issue at the beggining was a pain in the nose :D.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I have to say, those two terrorist attacks Trump's administration mentiod actually did happen. It was back in 2015 in a small town near Serbian border. And yes, the guy who threw a bomb at the police station and killed an officer was a muslim.

But let's get this clear, the event itself was covered, more than enough. It was all over the news. But just as all those attacks in Bagdad and other cities and places get forgotten by bigger mainstream media, so did this one. 'Cause it wasn't France, or Turkey, or something. Usual stuff.

And unlike Trump's suggestions, the event did not cause any kind of hate or conflicts, quite the opposite. It united all three nations in my country. Because it wasn't a muslim who did the stupid thing, but a sick, twisted, brain-washed ****.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It appears that Rolling Stones could come to Sarajevo, sometimes in May or June. It's not certain yet, but agencies all around Balkans are fighting for the gig, including the ones outside our country. I just hope I won't have to travel to Croatia, or even worse Serbia. Croatia would be somewhat acceptable, 'cause I have relatives there, unlike in Serbia.

The perfect scenario would be them coming to Sarajevo. Anyway, I'm hyped about the whole thing.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Gojira was nominated in few categories for the Grammy Awards. Not that I care much for these (mostly because bad music has been taking awards in the past few years), but it's nice that metal is still represented. What I'm confused a bit is that both them and Metallica are in Rock sections. If I recall correctly, Metallica was one of the trash pioneers, and Gojira is far, far away from rock. But still, it's really nice they're getting a recognition for their work.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Trying to convince the wife that we need to go to the bar for the V-Day glass tonight. Our 3-week old would probably enjoy the scenery and keep us from staying too long :grincry:

16426044_1429689133721985_278500762104755909_n.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm bored, so I'll post my opinions about a few categories:

1.Record of the year
The only good song here is Hello by Adele, nothing else really. Especially Work, that song's a pure cancer.

3.Song of the year
Again, Hello.

5.Best pop solo performance
Guess which one it is. Hello.

12.Best rock performance
To me, Disturb has no competition in this category. "The sound of silence" is by far one of the best covers I've ever heard, so yes, I'd bet on that one to take the Grammy.

13.Best metal performance
Okay, this one is tough. You have 3 extremly good songs from Gojira, Korn and Megadeth, from which the weakest one would be Megadeth's. But they're old school, and that weighs pretty much and will definitely have impact on final decision. Now the other two, I really think they could have chosen better song from Korn, to me, Insane is just a little bit better than Rotting in vain, so I'd put that one there. But it is what it is.
Choice is really tough for this one, but I'd go with Gojira and their "Silvera".

15.Best rock album
Gojira's Magma obviously.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Good luck with it. I'm not a fan of weddings. Too much lies, bad taste in music, unwanted behaviour and fake emotions :D.

Thank you, I'll need it. Haha, fair points. One of my siblings is newly engaged but my mom and their partner's mom wants it to happen this year and they would like for it to be a big production.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Thank you, I'll need it. Haha, fair points. One of my siblings is newly engaged but my mom and their partner's mom wants it to happen this year and they would like for it to be a big production.

It's even worse if it's a big wedding :D. I've never been to one without getting a headache.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's even worse if it's a big wedding :D. I've never been to one without getting a headache.

Yep, you're right about that. Lots of it all. We'll see. On the flip side, if it happens this year, it will be in the summer but still. The last wedding I was a part of was way too many bodies (and random people!), but it was beautiful in the end.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Yep, you're right about that. Lots of it all. We'll see. On the flip side, if it happens this year, it will be in the summer but still. The last wedding I was a part of was way too many bodies (and random people!), but it was beautiful in the end.

Yup, random people, forgot about that. I feel uncomfortable when I have to go somewhere else besides our local pub, now not to mention being in a room filled with (possibly drunken) strangers.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Summer weddings are the worst to me! The last summer wedding I went to was miserable. The ceremony was outdoors, and I sweated through my clothes and got sunburn. I had to shower again and wash my clothes prior to the reception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05