WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I wouldn't want to try any online dating or long distance relationships.

I'd be more inclined to meet someone through some sort of shared interest, such as a volunteer organisation.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Have been enjoying having one of these every morning for the last few days.
c42c58a7ad621184ac3e7578947cd814.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha this is true but I'm the middle child in my family. The older one is the one getting married so I feel like my parents will start with me at some point.

I'm not sure how long you have been though, but let's just say that I have been single for longer than I haven't been single :grin: I think I'm going on 2 years now. More than 1 year though.

My dad has been after me for grandchildren for the past 5 years, so...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd be more inclined to meet someone through some sort of shared interest, such as a volunteer organisation.

Online dating can be a minefield. The singles scene in NYC is more cutthroat than the hunger games at work 99 when through last fall...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's going to be interesting considering that I never want kids. I say that because a lot of people want them (which is fine) but somehow it's still weird for a gal to not want them.

It's not as weird as you think. I know of several women who don't want kids. My wife being one. :)

I understand the pressures that are put on married women and men to have children. Some communities are have more pressure than others due to cultural or religious reasons.

There has been big pushes in media about 'motherhood' (especially) being some great accomplishment and I get that being a parent is a tough job these days but popping out a kid is no great accomplishment it's been happening for millennia. Getting it to be quiet at restaurant.. .now that's an accomplishment.

I do have very unflattering opinions about parenting I have to admit...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There were some great bands back in 90s. Alice in Chains and NIrvana are enough to keep you pleased for some time. But I have to say, the best 90s band for me would be Tool (I'm not counting Slipknot since their self-titled album was released in '99).

I was listening to Slipknot the other day, just because.

Nirvana is OK but I'm not overly fussed with them that much. There's a couple of songs I like but in general there's many other groups I'd rather listen to. I personally think Nirvana is overly hyped.

No Tool on the list yet...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Some interesting pictures today. Went to see my aunt who used to live in Philly but is now retired in India.

An interesting mini car undergoing some testing.
faeaa05ce9af067b34dade6e8c349c16.jpg

A toll expressway or freeway in India. Roads have improved dramatically in the last few years.
498a8a1df5e2ded00b47dbb0a6173edb.jpg

Tobacco farms. This region produces pretty much all tobacco for consumption in India.
855cc0234ff9ac54b5d3baa7ee5ddd0a.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Step well in Adalaj. Really nice architecture. There is water still in this well after so many centuries.
c48798825e23020bbc35093d54adc600.jpg

07ef4e5f86add826d4ad3dbb0dce973b.jpg

7d2810e8dd944af69d2f23c8c3c66ef8.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I was listening to Slipknot the other day, just because.

Nirvana is OK but I'm not overly fussed with them that much. There's a couple of songs I like but in general there's many other groups I'd rather listen to. I personally think Nirvana is overly hyped.

No Tool on the list yet...

Slipknot is my number one band, if you want I can make you a list of best songs. There are some quite agressive, and again some of them are very touchy.

For example, my favourite song of all time is Vermilion, both parts. Just listen to it, you won't regre it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Slipknot is my number one band, if you want I can make you a list of best songs. There are some quite agressive, and again some of them are very touchy.

For example, my favourite song of all time is Vermilion, both parts. Just listen to it, you won't regre it.

I've come to a very interesting conclusion... Slipknot is like a harder version of Nine Inch Nails... I know some people would look at that and go 'what?' but that's what I get out of it. Nine Inch Nails is not really that hard, in general.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah that sounds nice. I have heard of a lot of stories like that or starting that way. So sweet.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's not as weird as you think. I know of several women who don't want kids. My wife being one. :)

I understand the pressures that are put on married women and men to have children. Some communities are have more pressure than others due to cultural or religious reasons.

There has been big pushes in media about 'motherhood' (especially) being some great accomplishment and I get that being a parent is a tough job these days but popping out a kid is no great accomplishment it's been happening for millennia. Getting it to be quiet at restaurant.. .now that's an accomplishment.

I do have very unflattering opinions about parenting I have to admit...

I laughed. I think I need more people in my life who are about the child-free lifestyle, as the current people are always shocked and then we have the ones who like to ask if I'm sure or if I will change my mind (no).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My dad has been after me for grandchildren for the past 5 years, so...

I feel for you. Is he still as persistent? My parents like to say that they want to be not too old to play with their grand kids all the time to my older sibling (my sister). Fortunately she wants kids, so that makes it easier for me. Still terrified of becoming an aunt though...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Online dating can be a minefield. The singles scene in NYC is more cutthroat than the hunger games at work 99 when through last fall...

I have heard as much. I can only imagine in NYC, as it seems like you all have so much choice but I know that's what it seems like lol.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I feel for you. Is he still as persistent? My parents like to say that they want to be not too old to play with their grand kids all the time to my older sibling (my sister). Fortunately she wants kids, so that makes it easier for me. Still terrified of becoming an aunt though...

Being an aunt/uncle is easy... you can give them back! :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I laughed. I think I need more people in my life who are about the child-free lifestyle, as the current people are always shocked and then we have the ones who like to ask if I'm sure or if I will change my mind (no).

I don't know if it's a phenomenon over there but there's this odd idea that kids can take their scooters anywhere they want with them. It drives me nutty... then there's the roller shoe...

The people I've met who are 'child free' have been a mix bunch. Some are child free by accident, by medical condition and others by choice. The main issue is finding the 'normal' ones. I use the term normal loosely.

Key thing is having other things in common with them besides being just 'child free'. Not always easy. Some can be a bit weird. Most are nice though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't know if it's a phenomenon over there but there's this odd idea that kids can take their scooters anywhere they want with them. It drives me nutty... then there's the roller shoe...

The people I've met who are 'child free' have been a mix bunch. Some are child free by accident, by medical condition and others by choice. The main issue is finding the 'normal' ones. I use the term normal loosely.

Key thing is having other things in common with them besides being just 'child free'. Not always easy. Some can be a bit weird. Most are nice though.

I think I have seen that with skateboards only.

Noted, thanks for this. I'm going to keep that in mind about the normal ones. I totally agree on having something else in common, it would just be cool to have someone to relate to on that really.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Being an aunt/uncle is easy... you can give them back! :D

This is true, but I'm like super clueless. I don't like that babies might be needy, I don't know how to talk to small children. I have never changed a diaper or babysat a kid. I kind of did that once (the babysitting) and I hated it. Kids just don't mesh with me at all. Kids from 4 and up that have been potty trained and the like, seem a little less annoying to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers